Secrets About Your Job...

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Summer Camp- I wouldn't trust my own kids with me and my staff.
laugh.gif
we are just straight @%# hats, not on that Sandusky level, but we just don't give a !$%%. During the NBA draft the entire staff was sitting in the back room watching the draft while kids were getting picked up
laugh.gif
I was a daycamp counselor for a few summers. That was good times.
And just as I posted that, one of our volunteers Facebook creeped on me and my employees talking crap about him
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

This is gonna be awkward when he comes in.... little punk @+% $%%%#, I %+!#@!$ hate his guts

Wasn't my call to take him on as a volunteer tho

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

Originally Posted by Oxygen

We just throw your mail around like no one care! if you receive something broken in the mail you can blame USPS.

My boy is a driver for UPS and sometimes he gets packages with the word "fragile" written big on them. He tells me he tries to rough those up more than the usual boxes.
Your boys a jerkoff
mad.gif
why do so many of yall lack pride in your own jobs and lives? This country is going to hell man, and yall sitting here laughing about it- "ya, i do crappy work and im a loser, who cares"  Get The Eff Outta here

I know a guy that works at a rental car joint... He said if you leave your phone or Ipod in the car when you return it, you might as well kiss it goodbye
laugh.gif

GREAT THREAD

ill share some knowledge from multiple industries

AT&T- discounts on anything you want, i have the power to make you pay nothing at all for your cell phone service.....insurance is where the money is at
devil.gif
(used to own an AT&T store)

Nightclub- I make you pay $400 for a $40 bottle YOU LOSE, Police always have to be payed off, firefights also, as well as inspectors...or they will crush your business....big nightclubs in NYC like Pacha and Webster Hall have their own "house drug dealers". average cocktail costs about $1.25 to make and i sell it to you for $14. (partnered in nightclub)

Marketing Company- its not like Mad Men but sorta, we drink and smoke all day, and try to smash all the females....but basically companies are paying hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars for almost nothing. We outsource tons of work to India or Ukraine because designers and programmers are paid about 10% of what we would pay anyone in NYC. huge Clients are pretty much billed constantly even if we dont do anything. We billed P&G $15,000/week for about a year for "upkeep of ad's" (which basically means we did nothing) (worked in NYC AD Agency for a year)

Cars- Working through brokers will always get you a better price, dealers are lying to you 90% of the time. I can do wonders with boosting your credit rating, but i will still tell you your a lower tear to make more $$$. Million other secrets I cant say. (partner in a car dealership)

My uncle has crazy hookups in the governement and has the abilty to get you a new passport in less than a day for a good fee, not the 2+ weeks it takes usually.

teacher checking in...

- out of the 100% effort we give daily - 40% goes to the actual classroom, and 60% goes to prep/admin/office/meetings/parents/etc...

i work accounting for the government, specifically THE branch that does all the medical research

- when it comes to paying companies for their products or services, we TRULY do not give a damn about paying you on time
- contractors get paid a ton of money to do easy @$! work believe me, as a contractor if you ever have the opportunity to work for the government don't become an employee if your contract gets renewed annually, the taxes they take out are OD
- aside from cursing out the boss or lying about your background check it's very hard to get fired from the government
- you don't need a degree in a particular field to get a job in the government. anything will suffice, the application is the hard part (TEDIOUS AS ALL HELL). If you can operate a computer and add then you're good for almost anything
- at my particular job my boss hired people's husbands, wives and relatives despite not having any experience. it annoys me to this day that some of them get paid more than me and are absolutely clueless at their job
- they can't really ever deny a sick/vacation request if you got the hours to spare. I take advantage of this around EVERY holiday

My Finish Line has cameras. %@!@, my DM can actually watch it from his computer and checks on it periodically. Just the other day, he yelled at my manager for something he did that he saw on camera.

I work in the custodial area for the local school board (summer university student, tough job to get, only about 10 of us in a university town), no real secrets, just a few tidbits:
-a couple of elementary schools in the region have gun ranges used outside of school hours
-a ton of janitors are pervs.. I've had to look through and sort files and there's so many disciplinary notes on the janitors asking kids for their MSN emails and their phone numbers and stuff
-a lot of schools just put security cameras up and don't put film/recording material in them
-no surprise here but you have to have huge connections to get in... parent/stepparent working there already is huge.. that's a lot of life really, gotta have the right connections in the right places

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

ATT-Logo.jpg

my former place of employment.

if you've purchased a phone or phone accessories (bluetooth, case, chargers ect) you can return them to a CORPORATE store to J them out or exchanger them for the same or new accessory within the first year for any reason. We have a problem with people simply doing this once a year for YEARS and theres no real way to regulate it... so if your case is busted looking or your car charger or bluetooth is just old... turn it in.

also if your a new customer, you have a lot of juice. meaning you can ask for a $50-$100 credit on your first bill being a new customer and if its the end of the month especially your likely to get it because of the sheer thirst managers have.

feedback is everything. if you complain that your getting poor service by a store rep or if they're not appreciating the $2K your kicking to at&t each year? talk to a manager, i've seen the squeaky wheel get greased mulitple times to the tone of $100 credits just to keep customers happy. Just mention good ol C.F.T the customer feedback tool.

also if you ever go over on your minutes, simply visit a store, have them call customer care and ask them to change your minute plan for that month and back date your bill. I've done this first hand and saved thousands over my time with the company. the trouble is usally customers just pay it thinking they were in the wrong. you weren't and you have rights...

lastly at&t Uverse is a *%*%%%@ joke. its a terrible service and the bills fluctuate ridiculously. blackouts and multiple times i've seen customers lose internet service for days on end for no explainable reason. those discounts are a joke, you get what you pay for.

one more. 9 time outta 10 you are eligible for SOME TYPE OF DISCOUNT on your at&t cell phone bill. Whether its as a college student, or employee of the state in some respect you can always get at least 15% off your bill which could translate to a free month of service or more. Just ask.

peace guys

and for the record, i left at&t voluntarily and was happy for my time there. I just cant stand when customers over pay for something.

I start there next week famb... any thing else? How is it pulling yambs?

to travelers....Do not i repeat DO NOT buy fancy luggage. it's a waste of money cause it's gonna get thrown around like any other bag. If it says fragile it wont be handled any different from other bags.

Originally Posted by famenycity1

GREAT THREAD

AT&T- discounts on anything you want, i have the power to make you pay nothing at all for your cell phone service.....insurance is where the money is at
devil.gif

Nightclub- I make you pay $400 for a $40 bottle YOU LOSE, Police always have to be payed off, firefights also, as well as inspectors...or they will crush your business....big nightclubs in NYC like Pacha and Webster Hall have their own "house drug dealers". average cocktail costs about $1.25 to make and i sell it to you for $14. (partnered in nightclub)

Marketing Company- its not like Mad Men but sorta, we drink and smoke all day, and try to smash all the females....but basically companies are paying hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars for almost nothing. We outsource tons of work to India or Ukraine because designers and programmers are paid about 10% of what we would pay anyone in NYC. huge Clients are pretty much billed constantly even if we dont do anything. We billed P&G $15,000/week for about a year for "upkeep of ad's" (which basically means we did nothing) (worked in NYC AD Agency for a year)

Cars- Working through brokers will always get you a better price, dealers are lying to you 90% of the time. I can do wonders with boosting your credit rating, but i will still tell you your a lower tear to make more $$$. Million other secrets I cant say. (partner in a car dealership)

My uncle has crazy hookups in the governement and has the abilty to get you a new passport in less than a day for a good fee, not the 2+ weeks it takes usually.

Can we do business? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

GREAT THREAD

devil.gif

Can we do business? 
nerd.gif

fareal .... this guy seems like a guy you have to be friends with.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

My Finish Line has cameras. %@!@, my DM can actually watch it from his computer and checks on it periodically. Just the other day, he yelled at my manager for something he did that he saw on camera.

Yeah, our FNL doesn't. 
I assume some Finishline's do 'cause they might have more money than us at a almost run down Mall. 

I don't care though, not like I be stealing anyways. 

Originally Posted by FlyerThanDelta

Heard fed ex employees take stuff out the packages and rock em and don't even get caught
nerd.gif
That's because a lot of FedEx drivers aren't FedEx employees. They're contracted out. UPS is a thousand times better because they are actually employed by UPS and held to much stricter standards.

I work as an intern at a temp agency in NYC. Basically if you don't interview with the boss, you're never getting hired and we won't call you ever. If the boss likes the resume, she and the applicant interview and do their thing. If she doesn't like the resume, how you dress, present yourself, etc., you get a courtesy interview and then we hope you get the hint.

i am a camp counseled at hofstra university and NO bs what so ever goes down. If you ain't doin your job you not getting a job next year. Pay is
pimp.gif
tho

Originally Posted by Yeah

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by Yeah

RA at my University. The biggest secret? We have access to everything. Literally EVERYTHING. I'm talking about room access whenever we want, your permanent home address, your SSN, email, allergies, etc. And my university documented everything, so if you had an alcohol/weed/etc violation we could look it up and also read about the details and everyone who was involved. Normally it was just routine stuff but I was reading one and found out that another RA tried to hide under the sink when the campus security came to her room for a noise violation. We clowned her for a while for that.
roll.gif
I didn't really ever abuse my power except to leave notes in my girl's room every once in a while and to get card access to the other dorms (RAs have 24/7 access to every dorm hall,) but a guy a couple of years back got caught sneaking into girls' rooms and smelling their panties in their drawers.

The power structure changes from university to university, but we were pretty much allowed to do anything with very little/no consequence. I would order food on the school's account (they only documented charges, not who made them,) leave when I was on duty to go to parties (walkies would work up to 2 + miles away,) kick it with females past curfew, and essentially do nothing that was asked of me aside from the mandatory meetings/bulletin board changes, etc. It's a job that is really hard to be good at, and extremely easy to relax and not to anything for. One chick on staff threw a total of 3 events all year, and it was a "requirement" that we throw at least 1 educational event a month, and highly encouraged that we do 2 socials. (I just did one educational event that would double as my social, because I would usually just skip the educational part.)
RAs tend to be the biggest losers.
Typically it's the people who are stupid enough to get caught that have bitter feelings towards RAs. Type of dudes to show out in front of their friends because they feel entitled.
grin.gif
If you get on a RA's good side they can be your best friend in the world. I couldn't tell you how many apartments I laced with multiple free pizzas just 'cause they would say "what's up" from time to time and not act like an immature idiot because of the stigma associated with the RA job. But the dudes who tried to scowl at me and throw me snide remarks? I was the biggest A-Hole in the world. And it wasn't because I had written them up or anything. They just generally didn't like me because they shared your same stagnant mindset.

During training they essentially tell you to snitch on your friends, go out of your way to find underage drinking, and stop at any room that you thought might be doing something against the rules. Very few actually take that to heart, but the ones who do make the rest of us out to be lame because they snitch like their life depended on it. I had a total of 3 write ups last year, one was because I got called to a room by the campus security, one because a dude was literally drowning because he had passed out in his tub (water was leaking from the 7th floor of the building to the basement,) and the other one was because a dude wanted to be a douche when I was just asking him to turn down the music. I would regularly take shots with the residents that I liked knowing they were underage, would show up stoned to my own events, and partied with a few girls/guys from other floors.

tl;dr most RAs are just average students, and your perception of them will heavily depend on how stupid you are and how much of their training they take to heart.
ive had mixed experiences with RA's.  The first RA I had freshman year in the dorms was a friggin stickler and always busting everyone for trivial stuff.
RA I had the next year was cool as hell.  I was in a single that year and thought that I should try to be neighborly to my suitemates.  After everyone was moved in, I walked around, introduced myself, and then invited everyone over to my room to burn.  Seeing as how I was a local kid (lived 20 min from campus but lived on campus cause of my scholarship), I assumed that most kids from out of town wouldnt be bringing their weed with them when they are moving in with mom and dad.  We had 6 guys jammed into my small single room when the RA knocked on the door.  I didnt really care about getting written up, and felt that honesty was the best policy so I opened the door for him.  He just told us to take it outside, no write up, no nothing.  As the semester went on, he knew that I was smoking cigs but in the room too but he never bothered me.  He actually went out of his way to call me or knock on my door to let me know when campus police was making their rounds so that I could shut my window and not get caught.  Dude was cool in my book.  Unfortunately, he got kicked out of his RA position after 1st semester because he was a raging alcoholic.  The chick they replaced him with was cute, but she was always trying to get up in my business, so I just ignored her (never returned messages or answered the door) whenever possible. 

GREAT THREAD

devil.gif

just curious as to what agency you worked for.
my wifes been in advertising for 10+ years now and as far as i know, NO ONE just bills their clients arbitrarily for doing nothing.  Maybe packaged goods accounts are different, but with every client that my wife has worked on, there is a budget for EVERYTHING, every large expense has to be approved by the client,  they see everything.  On top of that, large accounts like P&G would be highly sought after by other agencies, and if their current agency was in fact billing millions of dollars for doing absolutely nothing, they would probably get wind of it sooner than later and put the account up for review and go with another agency.  I'm guessing that as an entry level employee who was there for 1 year you didnt really see or understand what was going on and just filled in the blanks to make for a good internet story.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

GREAT THREAD

devil.gif

my wifes been in advertising for 10+ years now and as far as i know, NO ONE just bills their clients arbitrarily for doing nothing.  Maybe packaged goods accounts are different, but with every client that my wife has worked on, there is a budget for EVERYTHING, every large expense has to be approved by the client,  they see everything.  On top of that, large accounts like P&G would be highly sought after by other agencies, and if their current agency was in fact billing millions of dollars for doing absolutely nothing, they would probably get wind of it sooner than later and put the account up for review and go with another agency.  I'm guessing that as an entry level employee who was there for 1 year you didnt really see or understand what was going on and just filled in the blanks to make for a good internet story.
Welp that's all folks

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

GREAT THREAD

devil.gif

Welp that's all folks

laugh.gif
DAMN

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

Originally Posted by Oxygen

We just throw your mail around like no one care! if you receive something broken in the mail you can blame USPS.

My boy is a driver for UPS and sometimes he gets packages with the word "fragile" written big on them. He tells me he tries to rough those up more than the usual boxes.
Your boys a jerkoff
mad.gif
why do so many of yall lack pride in your own jobs and lives? This country is going to hell man, and yall sitting here laughing about it- "ya, i do crappy work and im a loser, who cares"  Get The Eff Outta here
cosign.
If you ever are buying sports/concert tickets best time to get them is the day of the event - Usually the venue/players/promoter/artist holds a lot of tickets for VIPs/Fan Club/Etc. that will go unused and will open to the public and are generally the best seats. 
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom