Secrets About Your Job...

Originally Posted by nkwu11

Originally Posted by 23kidd

Here goes...

I work at an organization for autistic adults/children. All the money they pullin in from the gov't and the parents, good god
eek.gif
. You could either work at the school or work at the houses, i was at the school.

At the school, the main/important thing were trying to do is to get rid of their behaviors such as aggression, property damage, self injury, etc. Many of us dont care but we also try to educate them numbers, the ABC, and all that stuff.

-Half the time, when were lazy we take them to the gym, and just sit down and not a damb is given.
-We're required to fill out data on their behaviors, most of the time the data is bullcrap.
-If youre on good terms with the psychologist/supervisors/ or anybody with an upper position, you have a better chance with keeping your job.
-If the supervisors screw up, they will blame it on one of us.
-If your child is being stubborn, the staff WILL take them to the bathroom and handle it, i've seen it with my own eyes
tired.gif
. Luckily my kid was chill
pimp.gif

-At my job, theres a saying, "The less the parents know, the better"
-90% of the staff dont really give a damn about the kids, theyre just there for a paycheck.
-When parents or important people come from the county, they give you an alert to "look good"

If you have an autistic child or relative, please be careful with where you send them off to, dont just give them to anybody. Do the damn research Or better yet take care of them yourself.

Thats all i can come up with at the moment.
SMFH. I'm in Canada, so the money they get is different (you'd only be in the job if you actually care). That's foul....
tired.gif
Atleast they care and treat 'em right homie.

To my insurance peoples, i have a mild-severe hearing loss which forces me to wear hearing aids and of course they aint cheap. Is there ANY way i can get hearing aids WITHOUT paying nothing outta my pocket?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by supremewellbeing

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

Originally Posted by maddog345

Won't your credit score be affected?
By the time it goes to collections, your credit score is already uffed up so it might not matter depending on the age of the debt.  My old company used to buy million dollar portfolios of old debt that was already stat barred (statute of limitations already expired) for pennies on the dollar.  Our job was to scare people into thinking they would get sued if they didn't pay their $600 Sears debt that was now $2200.  Of course we would tell them that we would accept 50% of the $2200 if they could make a lump sum payment right away.  What is messed up is that if you make a single payment (for any amount, even $1), that old debt is now "reactivated" as a new debt and can now be placed on your credit report as such.
I keep telling people this. I love when collections call. I curse them out so bad and talk stuff. Junk debt buyers. Usually they arent legally even able to collect on the debt and vioate all  kinds of credit laws.
When they call me at work or on my cell, i send them a cease letter so they cant call me anymore. If they report me to the credit agency, I validate the debt with them, which they have to show proof they own the debt legally and allowed to collect in my state. Most of time it gets deleted and debt is gone once they realize  im smarter then average bear.

I sued a few collection agency for violations and won $1500 at a time

1st off why not just pay your bills? 2nd off all the junk your talking is just that all junk. You owe people money they can and will get it back whether they do it thru the court system or garnishment of wages. You must have been dealing with 3rd party collectors 1st parties don't play and will get theirs and drag your credit thru the mud with your bills u are refusing to pay

Originally Posted by damn its me

@erickm713..
nerd.gif
which sears you at?  im in #%#$&*( pasadena

San Antonio man, to be honest Sears is a sinking ship right now, so much is going wrong at my store since we got a new operations manager, he has good things to say about everyone else but bad mouths me, I'm the only new hire from last year that stuck around, they have hired about 10 people since I started in our department and they all quit, which is why my supervisor likes me, but I might be out of a job by the end of this month or August 
ohwell.gif

TSA:

You can actually travel with Weed if you have a Club Card, don't know the exact amount but it's a reasonable amount for personal use. Say if you travel outta California where it's
ok to possess....soon as you land in a different state with strict rules, you are at risk but to my knowledge its rare to see a K9 roaming the airport at every single hour of the day.

The actually "tests" and "trials" with the new body scanner is not as official as you think. In our training your actually trained to read a paragraph to hesitant passengers but
upon actual research the actual tests done were by credible Colleges but they tested it BASED off paperwork constructed by TSA. What that means is they gave Universities' numbers
and they compile it off software, they never even had the actual scanner to test themselves.

If you decide to "Opt-Out" the body scanner, make sure your early as hell for your flight cause workers are lazy enough to walk to the bathroom to avoid a pat down.

Quickest way to make it through Security, FOLLOW THE RULES. The minute you ACT UP or start talkin bout "Rights"....you just delayed your WHOLE entire process for EXTRA screening.

Be courteous and you're good. Be a problem and find yourself being interviewed by Police for being a hazard via Supervisor's Request...which is another reason why Police hate us too.

Seriously, if you're gonna OPT OUT let someone know up front and have your bags at your side if your THAT concerned with having things stolen.  Don't put your @%*$ in the X-Ray and opt-out....OPT-OUT WITH YOUR PROPERTY NEXT TO YOU and the next available screener will oblige and process YOU and YOUR PROPERTY at the same time.

You can mouth off to us all you want about how you are "better" than us....but more than 80% of the time you fly economy and I am SOOOOOO sorry your Private Jet wasn't available at this time.

If you are actually first class, it doesn't really matter anymore, "killing the line" is the mentality.

Originally Posted by iSole

TSA:

You can actually travel with Weed if you have a Club Card, don't know the exact amount but it's a reasonable amount for personal use. Say if you travel outta California where it's
ok to possess....soon as you land in a different state with strict rules, you are at risk but to my knowledge its rare to see a K9 roaming the airport at every single hour of the day.

The actually "tests" and "trials" with the new body scanner is not as official as you think. In our training your actually trained to read a paragraph to hesitant passengers but
upon actual research the actual tests done were by credible Colleges but they tested it BASED off paperwork constructed by TSA. What that means is they gave Universities' numbers
and they compile it off software, they never even had the actual scanner to test themselves.

If you decide to "Opt-Out" the body scanner, make sure your early as hell for your flight cause workers are lazy enough to walk to the bathroom to avoid a pat down.

Quickest way to make it through Security, FOLLOW THE RULES. The minute you ACT UP or start talkin bout "Rights"....you just delayed your WHOLE entire process for EXTRA screening.

Be courteous and you're good. Be a problem and find yourself being interviewed by Police for being a hazard via Supervisor's Request...which is another reason why Police hate us too.

Seriously, if you're gonna OPT OUT let someone know up front and have your bags at your side if your THAT concerned with having things stolen.  Don't put your $#+* in the X-Ray and opt-out....OPT-OUT WITH YOUR PROPERTY NEXT TO YOU and the next available screener will oblige and process YOU and YOUR PROPERTY at the same time.
Can the x-rays detect a bag of weed of its wrapped up and stuffed inside a sock or something? I was going to bring some weed back from amsterdam and just stick it in my draws but good thing i didnt because as soon as i was getting my bags when i landed back in houston, there was a drug dog that walked right up to me and started sniffing me

With regulations now your body will get scanned, or you can opt out and get patted down.  Either way your pockets will be detected or emptied out.  If you are a traveler that smokes for recreation, just get a card to avoid the anxiety and hassle. Card Users can get questioned but not detained as long as they have their card, if you DON'T and get caught with a minimal amount,
either a slap on the hand or a fine....the fine I don't know about.   

Oh and USA Screening is "typically" the same. As far as International Security, it's a gamble.  It's not worth the risk IMO.

Originally Posted by onewearz

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Where is onewearz?
Son peeping live sex shows at his job and apparently everyone brings binoculars/telescopes and chews gum...loud.

laugh.gif

as unbelievable as it may sound , it was poppin again last night, some other people
laugh.gif

guess it's the weather cause it's never been this crazy. .....

pics or didn't happen.

Originally Posted by 23kidd

Here goes...

I work at an organization for autistic adults/children. All the money they pullin in from the gov't and the parents, good god
eek.gif
. You could either work at the school or work at the houses, i was at the school.

At the school, the main/important thing were trying to do is to get rid of their behaviors such as aggression, property damage, self injury, etc. Many of us dont care but we also try to educate them numbers, the ABC, and all that stuff.

-Half the time, when were lazy we take them to the gym, and just sit down and not a damb is given.
-We're required to fill out data on their behaviors, most of the time the data is bullcrap.
-If youre on good terms with the psychologist/supervisors/ or anybody with an upper position, you have a better chance with keeping your job.
-If the supervisors screw up, they will blame it on one of us.
-If your child is being stubborn, the staff WILL take them to the bathroom and handle it, i've seen it with my own eyes
tired.gif
. Luckily my kid was chill
pimp.gif

-At my job, theres a saying, "The less the parents know, the better"
-90% of the staff dont really give a damn about the kids, theyre just there for a paycheck.
-When parents or important people come from the county, they give you an alert to "look good"

If you have an autistic child or relative, please be careful with where you send them off to, dont just give them to anybody. Do the damn research Or better yet take care of them yourself.

Thats all i can come up with at the moment.

smfh some of those make me sick. my sister is autistic n knowing this makes me never want her dealing with places like that again

i Opt out every time jus to be a ****, and b/c im not dumb enough to risk flying with tree anymore... i jus smile and say no thx...

the last time i flew to Cali outta pittsburgh i opted out n was done before the rest of my party n the regular line
laugh.gif

plus their so wrried about being overly evasive anymore im almost positive you could get by with jus about anything thats non metallic in your crotch.

Originally Posted by Mr Brown

i work the finances on research grants for doctors at a top university. Let me just say, between research grants and discretionary funds given from the school, these doctors don't have to spend a dime of their six figure salaries on everyday expenses. Dinners, hotels, trips, electronics, cell phone bills, etc, all charged to these research funds. Trips to hawaii with wifey and the kid? Charge it to the grant and say I attended a medical conference. Cop 2 new Ipads? Charge it to the grant, need it to conduct research on go. I be seeing these receipts for reimbursement (receipts are a whole nother story... i swear one of the younger doctors i work with wines and dines these women on his research grants bill) and they reasoning they give and i'm like *cam'ron gif*.

edit: helps you get an idea why the gap between rich and poor widens - rich only spend their own money on things that appreciate or create wealth (i.e. mortgages, investments, tuition, etc.)

^This man knows. Grants and research funds is so funny. People hear it and think one thing, then to understand how to get a grant, and see how it's used sometimes is crazy.

23kidd:   it's sad that's what goes on with the kids. Smh. I know every type of jobs has it's faction of people that don't care, but that attitude with kids with special needs? That is just despicable and there is no excuse for that at all. Smh.....

My man Potus, your responses have me cracking up here at work. The response to the wings being counted
roll.gif

Me? My full time job, no secrets. Just boring ol' work. My second gig (part time), sig check, you know the story as stated in this thread already. No need to explain.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

onewearz wrote:

Je Ne Sais Quoi wrote:

Where is onewearz?
Son peeping live sex shows at his job and apparently everyone brings binoculars/telescopes and chews gum...loud.

laugh.gif

as unbelievable as it may sound , it was poppin again last night, some other people
laugh.gif

guess it's the weather cause it's never been this crazy. .....

pics or didn't happen.

laugh.gif

posted a vid already champ , my credentials are good
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

i Opt out every time jus to be a ****, and b/c im not dumb enough to risk flying with tree anymore... i jus smile and say no thx...

the last time i flew to Cali outta pittsburgh i opted out n was done before the rest of my party n the regular line
laugh.gif

plus their so wrried about being overly evasive anymore im almost positive you could get by with jus about anything thats non metallic in your crotch.

LOL....no comment. The procedure is truly a joke with avenues of avoiding extra screening.

Work at a country club

-Most of these important people like (lawyers, politicians, doctors, etc) are drunks
- 90% of the time your food will get picked om
- I can definitely hook you up on a anything when it comes to drinks
- Hook it up with a nice tip or not be a prick and your definitely getting hooked up
- Those that are usually the "flaunters" are usually the cheapest people

laugh.gif
 @ all the holier than thou retail workers in here
"if you ask for a size, I'll just chill in the back and say we don't have it"

you really showed them huh?

Originally Posted by Jim Rustler

laugh.gif

The post to avy to name is too much
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Sneekaz

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Niketown NY.

ID shoes actually take one week to make and 2 days to get to the store. We tell you it takes 4 weeks because 9/10 they always come messed up with missing letters or wrong color. I know for fact every time you ID shoe, about 3 pairs come messed up before the right one comes.

When celebrities come, they actually go straight to the stock room and try on at least 15 pairs of the same shoe and run in them before they pick the perfect one. Wonder why yours is pre creased? Blame kobe.

We actually get a fake pair of shoes in our stock every once in a while. We usually just give it to a homeless person or donate.

Twitter RSVP is rigged. The person that runs it almost picks the same people with the exception of new ones.

When the shoe takes forever to come up and we say " I'm gonna go down myself and get them " 8/10 we just walked to another floor and talk to like a girl or something, quick bite and then say to you sorry we don't have the shoe.

That's all I can think for now.

Im not even joking.

Originally Posted by UoLyCjSoNmYfEeT

I've done everything that has to do with the nightlife in Downtown Orlando enjoy....

Security/VIP Line

Outside patting people down I've found EVERYTHING you could imagine people trying to hide trees,coke,x,hash,guns,HEROIN!! People actually try to get in the club with syringes and heroin NO LIE! Money talk's BS walks you be straight up with me and throw me a little cash your good with ANYTHING!! There's always a way into a club!!! At the end of the night we will split up YOUR drugs and sometimes re-sell your drugs to you inside the club!

Girls are THIRSTY like no other if you work in a club! I personally fornicated with chics in the bathroom like it was apart of my job title!

All the items you leave at the door is coming home with me at the end of my shift no matter how personal it is unless I know you personally.

Barback

Not really much to say then I drink whatever I feel the need of whenever i feel the need to....(Crystal,Ace Of Spades,etc.)

Bartender

Honestly it varies on the bartender cause everyone has a different attitude and goal. My personal goal when I bartend is to meet new people bang every fine girl I see and make decent money every night (I have a full-time good paying job do this for fun).

Most of the girl's that work at the club have been ran thru from management,promoters etc.

It's TRUE a good tip goes A LOOOONNNGGG way....so always treat your bartender good and the feeling will be mutual trust me!

Make sure on your CC receipts you write legible because if you meant to put a 1 we will look at it like its a 7 and ALOT of bartenders love to add numbers so write a TOTAL!

Cant really think of anything else off the head so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask!
what clubs do u work at??? I'm in Orlando and avoid them due to not knowing many people at them

laugh.gif

It sucks for the pople who wait for their retroes and don't end up gettin em... shouldn't have been a ****

Originally Posted by kevi

Originally Posted by diew its james

Originally Posted by kevi

i am a camp counseled at hofstra university and NO bs what so ever goes down. If you ain't doin your job you not getting a job next year. Pay is
pimp.gif
tho

how much you get paid? i go to hofstra. tuition is
sick.gif
sick.gif
. what you do you do there on a normal day?

I make around 1200-1500 for 3 seesions. All you have to make sure is that you get the kid where they have to be. Not hard at all

Went to this summer camp for years. Howd you get a job there? I always wanted to work there when I was a camper but not for 1200-1500 for 6 weeks

Originally Posted by superpine

laugh.gif

It sucks for the pople who wait for their retroes and don't end up gettin em... shouldn't have been a ****

lol before Niketown i worked at champs and stay doing this all the time, i hated the hook ups, i couldnt get one for nothing, i think its stupid tryna force a customer to buy a shirt or some type of clothes with the sneakers. some ppl just know what they want and get out.

Originally Posted by 951guero

Work at a country club

-Most of these important people like (lawyers, politicians, doctors, etc) are drunks
- 90% of the time your food will get picked om
- I can definitely hook you up on a anything when it comes to drinks
- Hook it up with a nice tip or not be a prick and your definitely getting hooked up
- Those that are usually the "flaunters" are usually the cheapest people
you in the 951 right?
nerd.gif

I like these threads... Brought some info on Hotels (mainly regarding front desk stuff) last time this was up.

Dont have time to get into a bunch of stuff right now but I can tell you that in a Banquet setting in a Hilton or comparable place the food on your plate that you/your company paid $29 for cost the hotel less than $6.

Also, hotels overbook regularly counting on people canceling, however that doesn't always happen and it leads to a person/people with reservations getting "walked" to other hotels... It's not unheard of for a guest at Hilton Times Square to be walked to a hotel in Connecticut on a big sell out NYC weekend.

Originally Posted by az5950

Originally Posted by potus2028

Originally Posted by az5950

If you ordered more than 14 wings please believe that I was taking a few if I delivered them
Man *!#$ you and your kind...that's SO direspectful. Gon have a #!*%* tallying wings on his doorstep from now on..."Hold on, homie...lemme do this count real fast, make sure it's all here..."
Lol, it would only be on certain deliveries....trust delivery driving is type dangerous anyway, and if I knew you weren't gonna tip, I compensated myself...lol
I'm new to delivery, and I HATE when I drive to Mordor and they don't even tip more than a dollar. We keep tabs on who's a poor tipper.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

teacher checking in...

- out of the 100% effort we give daily - 40% goes to the actual classroom, and 60% goes to prep/admin/office/meetings/parents/etc...

you have it easy. 100% goes to API in L.A.
Most married teachers/coordinators/admin are sleeping around on their wives/husbands.

Budget is spent on personal items for administration (T.V.s, ipads, etc)

Its who you know if you want to have a good school year.

Worked at a high school. P.E. teacher was smashing a senior (18 yr), married her and only got transferred.
tired.gif

I usually tip delivery guy like $3-4... Usually to the next $5 interval of what the total is unless its under $2. I don't live in Mordor either. Do the dudes got my back?

Back
Top Bottom