Secrets About Your Job...

TSA:

You can actually travel with Weed if you have a Club Card, don't know the exact amount but it's a reasonable amount for personal use. Say if you travel outta California where it's

ok to possess....soon as you land in a different state with strict rules, you are at risk but to my knowledge its rare to see a K9 roaming the airport at every single hour of the day.

The actually "tests" and "trials" with the new body scanner is not as official as you think. In our training your actually trained to read a paragraph to hesitant passengers but

upon actual research the actual tests done were by credible Colleges but they tested it BASED off paperwork constructed by TSA. What that means is they gave Universities' numbers

and they compile it off software, they never even had the actual scanner to test themselves.

If you decide to "Opt-Out" the body scanner, make sure your early as hell for your flight cause workers are lazy enough to walk to the bathroom to avoid a pat down.

Quickest way to make it through Security, FOLLOW THE RULES. The minute you ACT UP or start talkin bout "Rights"....you just delayed your WHOLE entire process for EXTRA screening.

Be courteous and you're good. Be a problem and find yourself being interviewed by Police for being a hazard via Supervisor's Request...which is another reason why Police hate us too.

Seriously, if you're gonna OPT OUT let someone know up front and have your bags at your side if your THAT concerned with having things stolen.  Don't put your @%*$ in the X-Ray and opt-out....OPT-OUT WITH YOUR PROPERTY NEXT TO YOU and the next available screener will oblige and process YOU and YOUR PROPERTY at the same time.

You can mouth off to us all you want about how you are "better" than us....but more than 80% of the time you fly economy and I am SOOOOOO sorry your Private Jet wasn't available at this time.

If you are actually first class, it doesn't really matter anymore, "killing the line" is the mentality.

Are you former TSA or current?

My two cents, there is major inconsistency.. I had a bottle of water in my carryon flying out of Boston but returning from Vegas, they confiscated a bottle of ghost chili hot sauce I purchased. Explained to the supervisor on duty that I flew out with a 20oz bottle of water in my carryon from Boston, but now they decide to confiscate my hot sauce. She explained that I may voice my concerns on the TSA website, told her I'm not going to start a crusade or campaign, just wanted them to fix inconsistencies since they are a federal agency.

And why would you be so desperate to bring weed back or to wherever you are going? lol if you are that desperate then it must be worth the risk of getting frisked and slammed on your face. Not worth it to whoever considers it.

I work in education.

If the students I work with are any indication of the future of this country, then we are in some trouble.

These kids are lazy, rude, ignorant, tuned-out, etc. It's all really rather unfortunate to see...

Of course, there are the few gems, but they are always few and far between.

But really though, the kind of stratified dystopia made evident in Brave New World-- I can honestly see that taking shape in the present; and unfortunately, many of the students I work with are actively, but unknowingly, stratifying themselves into gammas, deltas, and epsilons.

Probably can't fault them entirely though. The system itself is screwed up.

I just really hope that I can make some difference in their lives.

When I was in college I ran an after school program. At that point I was undeclared and seriously looking at teaching as a profession. It burned me out, much credit to all the good teachers out there.

It's tough to "lay blame", is reform needed? Definitely. Are there bad educators? Most definitely. Teachers should be held to higher standards, and traditional teaching methods should be scrapped for newer more progressive forms of teaching.

That being said, it's a two way street, and from a personal standpoint, parenting is at an all time low. The foundation starts at home, and a lot of kids aren't getting educated at home. From proper manners to getting assistance with their homework/projects.

You work in education and can't even address the single greatest problem with education in America. That's scarier than whatever you have to say about the kids you work with.

Simplifying something that is extremely complicated. What is the single greatest problem with education in America? Do you think it's a "one size fits all" problem? Do you think the education is the solely to blame for poor performance in inner city schools?

not my story but enjoy

Its easy to shoplift in Walgreens. I don't condone stealing.

1. Don't look ghetto, thuggish or suspicious.
2. Grab whatever you want, go to a remote aisle(mainly aisle 6 or 7) and just stuff it in your pocket.
3. Walk out or buy something before you leave.

The reason why its so easy is because most of the time nobody is watching the cameras. The manager watches rarely watches the cameras because most of the time the manager is helping in the store or downstairs with the stock. The employees are the ones that do the investigating. If you look suspicious and spend way more time than you should buying something as simple as candy then we have no choice but to follow you. If a walgreens employee find you suspicious. The employee will use the telephone speaker to alert other walgreens employees by saying the number "9" followed by the aisle you're in. If you hear that then thats your cue to put the **** back and dip.

Last edited:
Comics... If you think there is 500 copies of something released.. That doesnt include comps.. and i probably ordered 30 copies for myself

To anyone that has debts with a collection agency (old job)

-the legal letters that were supposedly sent from a lawyer were actually sent by the collection agency
-the threats of getting sued is 99.99% of the time bs
-if the collectors tell you your debt is still on your credit report, there is a good chance that the debt has already fallen off, meaning the statute of limitations has already ran out on your debt
-if they tell you to just put down any amount of money (even a $1), and they will leave you alone for 6 months while you try to get back on your feet, DO NOT FALL FOR THIS as this reactivates the statute of limitations on the debt, and it now becomes fresh debt which the collection agency can now place on your credit report (and harass you and your family for the next however many years)
-DO NOT put down your place of employment on any social networking sites because they will trace you out, call, send letters, speak to your hr manager, co-workers and embarrass you into paying
-if they find your wife, gf or family member's place of employment you can bet they will call there as well
-do google searches on yourself regularly and monitor what information is out there (they will use any info they can find, even pictures give clues as to where you are)

-here in Canada (and I believe in the US), the only thing you can do to stop collection calls (other than paying) is to send a cease and desist letter through registered mail (it has to be registered mail though)
-if you do have active debt, and you plan on clearing it up, make sure that you have all the terms IN WRITING before you pay anything (DO NOT TRUST WHAT THESE GUYS TELL YOU CAUSE THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL LIARS)

-to help out my old company, I created a thread on a popular message board for Canadians to scare debtors into paying (whenever they googled the company's name, the thread pops up)

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/help-getting-sued-mac-financial-recovery-1052268/

Ish was mad grimy and I felt I lost my soul in the short time I was there that's why I left that bs alone. If anyone has any questions in the future, hit me with a PM

It's tough to "lay blame", is reform needed? Definitely. Are there bad educators? Most definitely. Teachers should be held to higher standards, and traditional teaching methods should be scrapped for newer more progressive forms of teaching.

Curious: What exactly are these higher standards that teachers should be held to?

I work in education, and yes there are some really good and of course there are some really bad ones...but overall I think the majority of the ones that I've come across are probably just average. 

As far as secrets about my job, I can only speak upon experience (and these aren't necessarily secrets btw)
  • The amount of testing that students have to endure is ridiculous. From the state level all the way down to individual teacher exams I'd say students probably spend more time being evaluated than they do learning.
  • Schools waste a ton of money...much needed funds that can be used elsewhere, like in the classroom.
  • Class size in most high schools where I teach (in CA) is about 40 students.
  • Public schools are losing enrollment as such an alarming rate that they're pretty desperate to keep the students that they do have. My site offers all types of credit recovery programs, all to keep students enrolled no matter how poorly they have performed in the past. High school students in their 3rd year with freshman credits can now get caught up by taking a two week course on line. Of course that seems fair. 
  • Unless it involves a fight, drugs or a weapon it's pretty impossible to suspend students anymore. My district seems to be very aware and cautious not to be involved in any lawsuits, so usually if there is a dispute from a parent about disciplinary actions taken against their child someone from the board of education will normally overturn that suspension. A phone call home is pretty much the best defense that you have against poor behavior, and that method probably has like a 25% rate of effectiveness.
  • I do believe that most students want to learn, but by the time they reach high school many of them are so far behind their actual grade level that they just can't do the work. It's then where you get the disciplinary issues. So I think what happens is to avoid of that, some teachers just assign students "book work", things that anyone can do because it's just copying down information from the text...no actually learning takes place. A common survival technique. 
That's all I can think of right now, it's Friday and my brain is pretty tired from the week. I'm not complaining about the job, I still enjoy what I do but a lot has changed from since I first started.

Going into education... spill the beans fam I wanna know everything.

Nothing really to spill. Sorry if I led you on. :lol:

All I was saying was that my work can be awfully frustrating, sometimes, given the mentality of the students that I work with.

But that's just my particular circumstance. Don't let my experience, or that of any one else's, deter you from a very admirable profession.

Personally, I think good teachers should be paid just as much as other professionals (pharms, drs, etc), but that's another controversial discussion altogether...:lol:

Last edited:

:frown: Thanks for the info man. I'm in my last year of undergrad wondering why the hell I chose education because I hear things like this so often, it's looking pretty bleak out there.

Don't get discouraged fam, teaching is still an honest profession. Great schedule, hours and for the most part good kids...you do have an impact on their lives, most of em are listening to you even when it appears that they are not.

As frustrated as I get at times, overall I still enjoy what I do. 

Teaching, is good only if you work for the wizard of oz district. Some kids r just lazy and it is the parents fault for raising them. Teachers get blammed for kids not doing their work when the Teacher has nothing to do with it. So many interventions its ridiculous, testing kids every week makes school boring. It is not the same as the 90s late 90s early 2000s. If you want to teach , teach at a private school because kids do not care, and the school thinks it is the teachers fault. You just get tired of it.

Teaching, is good only if you work for the wizard of oz district. Some kids r just lazy and it is the parents fault for raising them. Teachers get blammed for kids not doing their work when the Teacher has nothing to do with it. So many interventions its ridiculous, testing kids every week makes school boring. It is not the same as the 90s late 90s early 2000s. If you want to teach , teach at a private school because kids do not care, and the school thinks it is the teachers fault. You just get tired of it.
No offense man but u sound like a teacher that has given up. Not to get on u or nothing but shouldn't u have a more better mindset

I work at hh gregg, an electronics & appliance store.

Most of the prices can be adjusted with a managers approval.

The only thing managers care about is customers buying the service plan, because it's essentially free money for the store. They push it without limit.

If your warranty per purchase ratio continues to be low you'll potentially get fired because they feel you're not selling the warranty well enough.

This is no secret, but being in sales is all about running game.

Back
Top Bottom