See, this is why I hate eBay...

Tis' all good, sir.  I think everyone initially has that type of reaction to getting played like that.  **** is infuriating.  But the important thing is making rational decisions instead of emotional ones.  

I know you saw the video of buddy trying to flex at the gas station who ended up on the concrete yoga mat.  Don't be that guy.  :lol:
:lol: I peeped that, but after my realization. Regardless, even the toughest of tough can end up gettin his *** whooped and being on world star if he ***** with the wrong person.

yea ebay gets on my nerves with how they shaft sellers.

as far as op going to dudes house, i dont see much wrong with it... i mean before 2000 whatever, before the internet and ebay..  thats how business was handled. face to face meet ups and things of that nature.. If more people went to someone's house that would kill a good amount of the scamming. People gotta get from behind the computer so much and come back to reality.. i do think its a waste of time going thru all the work of going to someones house and it is a threat.. but if you built like that do you, and ill see you on worldstar. lol
laugh.gif

Bros....make sure to cover yourself by doing the following on EBAY:

- Take pictures from every angle! Ebay allows like 12pics for free....USE THEM!

- Add in your description:  

"SOLD AS IS.  IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, CONCERNS , OR NEED MORE PICTURES OF THE ITEM, PLEASE MESSAGE.  ONCE YOU BID, YOU ARE IN AGREEMENT OF THIS AUCTION AND AGREE TO NO REFUNDS"   
Thanks for the advice, definitely going to add that to all my future auctions! I was able to settle the deal with the buyer with a $50 partial refund, which isn't bad considering he still spent 325 for a 225 dollar shoe =P

It looks like all's well that ends well. Let this be a learning experience

It seems to me he did not want or intend to send them back and just wanted the partial refund in the first place

PayPal has minimal say in chargebacks, the credit card company is the judge, jury, and executioner in chargeback cases. The messed up part is that if you lose the chargeback, PayPal hits you with a $25 chargeback fee or so. Kinda like rubbing salt in the wound.
Once again this is not true. This is coming from a ebay seller since 2004 usin gpaypal and I also have my own merchant account

1st

Only credit card company that can 100% win a chargeback is AMEX. As a merchant the business have to accept that in order to use AMEX

Any other cards they can do a chargeback but it can always be reversed if seller provides more info

As far as paypal and credit card disputes/ Paypal will still cover you 99% of time as long as you follow the rules below

They will still take your money out or hold/but they will put it back in

I beat credit card chargebacks a few times with my merchant account

2nd

Paypal will still cover you regardless if paypal or credit card dispute as long as you ship via paypal shipping/ship to authorize paypal address/have tracking

You follow this steps 99% of time you are covered

[h2]Seller Protection[/h2]
If you are sent an unauthorized payment (for example, from a hacked account) or a buyer claims they never received their item, our Seller Protection covers you for the full amount of the payment on eligible sales.

For more information, see user agreement
[h3]Protected Sales[/h3]
Tangible items that are sold and shipped with proof of delivery from within the United States to buyers worldwide. To ensure you’re protected, ship within 7 days to the address that the buyer specifies during checkout. Be upfront about all the details of the item, specifically defects, use, and abnormalities. Also disclose an accurate delivery estimate.
[h3]Proof of Delivery[/h3]
Required for protection eligibility. A digital or physical proof of delivery from the shipping company that should include: ship date, buyer's address, and delivered date.
[h3]Items Not Covered[/h3]
Items that don't match your description, intangible items like services or digital goods, items that violate our or eBay's policies, and items you sell or deliver in person. All are not covered.
[h3]Reassuring Buyers[/h3]
Become a Verified seller to give buyers additional peace-of-mind and attract more customers.
[h3]Resolution Support[/h3]
We provide full support to help resolve any buyer disputes or fraudulent payments.
[h3]Tips[/h3]
For payments over $250 USD (or local currency equivalent, including shipping and tax) or more, be sure that you have signature confirmation of delivery in addition to proof of shipment (See above). If a buyer files a claim, you must respond to our requests for information as outlined in our communications to you.

You ship the item to the shipping address listed on the PayPal Transaction Details page. If you’re not selling on eBay, make sure you ship to a Confirmed Address. This means that you’re shipping to an address that PayPal has validated to help reduce chances of fraud.
^If you followed all of paypals policies it doesn't matter what the outcome of the chargeback is, they will cover you even if they have to pay you themselves.

On another note, I thought I would tell you all about a new scam I had run on me not too long ago.

Buyer in Russia buys a $385 jacket and leaves it at the post office over there, they hold on to it until he comes to pay the customs charges. Buyer files a item not received, it is escalated and closed in the buyers favor while the tracking number still reads "in transit". They refund the buyer out of my account, the very next day I get an email, outside of ebay of course, stating that he just got a note form the post office telling him to come pick the package up.
eyes.gif
He offers me about half what he paid, $180. I don't know why cause he could have kept it at that point, he was already refunded and case closed. I take his $180 and appeal the paypal case since the tacking number now says delivered. I win the appeal only to find out that winning the appeal does not mean I get my money back. They tell me they don't have the authority to take money back from the buyer after they close the case, regardless of the outcome of the appeal. All they were willing to do was email the buyer and tell him to pay me. No acct suspension, no negative balance or nothing for him. Luckily they agreed to give me a $200 courtesy credit so i pretty much broke even.

But watch out for those international buyers, stay updated on the tracking status of your international mailings. If one is taking longer than usual file a complaint with USPS immediately. If you're quick, USPS will force the hand of the international destinations post office before the paypal case closes.
That is a old scam.. Nothing new Like 7 years old. Never ship over seas. If they want you to double charge them, since they are scamming they wont care and you can still cover your chargeback and still profit. Some will bite some will not

Once again this is not true. This is coming from a ebay seller since 2004 usin gpaypal and I also have my own merchant account

1st
Only credit card company that can 100% win a chargeback is AMEX. As a merchant the business have to accept that in order to use AMEX

Any other cards they can do a chargeback but it can always be reversed if seller provides more info

As far as paypal and credit card disputes/ Paypal will still cover you 99% of time as long as you follow the rules below
They will still take your money out or hold/but they will put it back in

I beat credit card chargebacks a few times with my merchant account

2nd
Paypal will still cover you regardless if paypal or credit card dispute as long as you ship via paypal shipping/ship to authorize paypal address/have tracking

You follow this steps 99% of time you are covered

[h2]Seller Protection[/h2]

If you are sent an unauthorized payment (for example, from a hacked account) or a buyer claims they never received their item, our Seller Protection covers you for the full amount of the payment on eligible sales.
For more information, see user agreement
[h3]Protected Sales[/h3]

Tangible items that are sold and shipped with proof of delivery from within the United States to buyers worldwide. To ensure you’re protected, ship within 7 days to the address that the buyer specifies during checkout. Be upfront about all the details of the item, specifically defects, use, and abnormalities. Also disclose an accurate delivery estimate.
[h3]Proof of Delivery[/h3]

Required for protection eligibility. A digital or physical proof of delivery from the shipping company that should include: ship date, buyer's address, and delivered date.
[h3]Items Not Covered[/h3]

Items that don't match your description, intangible items like services or digital goods, items that violate our or eBay's policies, and items you sell or deliver in person. All are not covered.
[h3]Reassuring Buyers[/h3]

Become a Verified seller to give buyers additional peace-of-mind and attract more customers.
[h3]Resolution Support[/h3]

We provide full support to help resolve any buyer disputes or fraudulent payments.
[h3]Tips[/h3]

For payments over $250 USD (or local currency equivalent, including shipping and tax) or more, be sure that you have signature confirmation of delivery in addition to proof of shipment (See above). If a buyer files a claim, you must respond to our requests for information as outlined in our communications to you.
You ship the item to the shipping address listed on the PayPal Transaction Details page. If you’re not selling on eBay, make sure you ship to a Confirmed Address. This means that you’re shipping to an address that PayPal has validated to help reduce chances of fraud.

That is a old scam.. Nothing new Like 7 years old. Never ship over seas. If they want you to double charge them, since they are scamming they wont care and you can still cover your chargeback and still profit. Some will bite some will not

I've been selling on ebay since 2006 and never had encountered that one before. About 30% of my sales are overseas too. 9 times out of 10 everything goes smoothly so to say never ship overseas is really not realistic. Those European cats pay big money for stuff too.

I've been selling on ebay since 2006 and never had encountered that one before. About 30% of my sales are overseas too. 9 times out of 10 everything goes smoothly so to say never ship overseas is really not realistic. Those European cats pay big money for stuff too.

Not thread related but did you get all that polo stuff on your ebay shop with the 65% off code? :nerd:

Not thread related but did you get all that polo stuff on your ebay shop with the 65% off code? :nerd:

I haven't even got that shipment in yet. I get new polo for sale almost daily tho so check my site if interested. My IG had exclusive first looks at upcoming RL collections, follow me if ur in to that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom