Seeing the Yankees "struggle" Appreciation....

grin.gif
we'll put it together eventually

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

WTH happened ta da marlins?....
nerd.gif

Last time i checked dey was 11-1....A couple weeks later dey 15-14...
smh.gif
Were dey do datt @...
nerd.gif

And i was just about ta go 2 my first baseball game eva, ta show support fa da home team, I guess datt money going 2 da dolphins

I swear I feel like I am going in slow motion everytime I read this guy's responses.
roll.gif

I had to put my glasses on and focus
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I DETEST that #%%%. Living in the past...
tired.gif

There's one of us who does this no matter what team or "side" he's on...I'm surprised he hasn't posted yet in here...
We all know who you're talking about. I was hoping he'd post by now... Probably purposely avoiding this thread
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Proshares, lower your cot damn sig
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

I DETEST that #%%%. Living in the past...
tired.gif

There's one of us who does this no matter what team or "side" he's on...I'm surprised he hasn't posted yet in here...
We all know who you're talking about. I was hoping he'd post by now... Probably purposely avoiding this thread
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
Hop off my jock, both of you.... if you want to call me out just say my name.... its the Internet... what am I going to do, punchyou through the computer if you same my name.... cuz talking about me in a round-about way is so much better
roll.gif
roll.gif

"Side".... please...... Obama ain't winning jack in 2012
I said before anyone had even jumped on the Obama bandwagon that he was going to win in 2008 & I'm conservative
But in 2012 he's not winning again, period.

And if you consider being a conservative living in the past because we're never going to win again any time soon or some non-sense, you're stupid.

And if you don't expect excellence from your teams or yourself in life.... you're equally as stupid.
I don't care if I was rooting for the damn Nationals.... I'd want/expect to win.
I hate losing more then anything.... I hate anything less then the best.... I'm one of the most competitive people you'd ever meet.

Sorry that I expect the best from things in life..... maybe yall should try it sometime.

No wonder you're a Laker,Yankee, Giants fan
grin.gif

And why the #+%# are you bringing Obama into this? Drifting off the subject FTL

And nobody is scared to mention you by name, you're reaching hard for something that just isn't there. Take a seat.

I don't care if I was rooting for the damn Nationals.... I'd want/expect to win.
Yep, that's excellent logic. Not even the Nationals expect to win. It's called being realistic, and that's something you're not.

Who was talking about Obama and the next election and all that other bull %#*+? Calm the %#%@ down...
laugh.gif
@ you pouring your heart out.

Its posts like these
Originally Posted by TBONE95860

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@ these types of threads

This just makes me love being a Yankees fan that much more

pimp.gif

that reaffirms what everyone knows about you.

So hush with all that nonsense...you think you catch all that flak because of your political beliefs? No...it's because you come off as a douche in almostevery post.

%#%@ outta here.
Originally Posted by TBONE95860

And if you don't expect excellence from your teams or yourself in life.... you're equally as stupid.
I hate losing more then anything.... I hate anything less then the best.... I'm one of the most competitive people you'd ever meet.
What Yankee fan DOESN'T expect great things every year from this team? It's called being realistic...something your fanboy #$% selfcan't comprehend. Are they struggling? Yes. Are they playing below expectations? Yes. So if you hate losing that much, you'd get where all the levelheaded people are coming from. You're not a "better" fan than anyone else because of all that %#*+ up there.

Try looking at things objectively some time.

Tell me about it.

I wish Sabathias Career didnt end just like that.

If he was with the brewers still theyd be so damn good. SMH

The Yankees are known to lure in the biggest and best of the free agents from all around the league creating a jam-packed and star-studded lineup and rotation. Year after year baseball experts agonize over the unbelievably lack of overall performance from a team that on paper, could challenge any of the great teams in years past.

It seems to have become an epidemic of late for the Bronx Bombers. As the Yankees head into the 2009 season with an even better looking roster than the years before, it is becoming a cliché that each spring training starts with baseball experts astonishing at how the Yankees have the best lineup they've ever had.

In all of these years with a power-laden roster, it was only last year that they failed to reach the playoffs, disguising what most believe as to be a successful run. I'm going to have to disagree. Let's face it; the stigma of a loser is only excluded to the winner of the Championship when it comes to the Yankees storied organization. They expect to win the Series every year, and with the talent that
they field along with their mighty expectations, they have in fact, been a failure of late.

That's a jaw dropping proclamation to Yankees fans that will argue that those years when they were World Champions, circa 1996 - 2000, they had the star power similar to what they had today. I will not disagree or argue with that assertion. What I would like to point out is that their Championship teams were built from players that ascended through their farm system and progressed their skills under the contemporary style of the Yankees brand of baseball, ultimately ending with their final destination in New York.

Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Mariano Rivera, Bernie Williams, and Andy Pettite, among others, all have one thing in common: They all came up through the ranks of the Yankees' minor league system to join the big club, and served as what would be the core of the World Series Championship teams. Do you see where I'm going with this? Sure they had guys like a Paul O'neil who were acquired from another big league
team, but an underlying factor in this blueprint is taking on players who fill a void and fit the specific chemistry created by the organization. At the time he was acquired via trade, O'neil was not a superstar player.

They built this team from the ground up, but unfortunately for the Yankees, the double edged sword of this situation was that all of these players blossomed into superstars and in essence, Yankees management forgot the means to which they built their team and began to believe the only way to win was by buying a boat load of
superstars that never received the traditional Yankee branding that say a Jeter or Rivera received when coming up through the system.

As the upcoming season approaches ever so rapidly, it is again a common theme to pronounce the Yankees as the favorite, but I will definitely take heed in history and say that this group of stars with probably no inkling of chemistry, don't have the slightest idea what it is to work your way to becoming a Yankee, in turn feeding Yankees fans with false hope.

Damn son just wrote an essay for english class about the subject.

But I cant say that I dont like seeing them struggle, as a Sox fan I thoroughly enjoy it. But at the end of the day I still want to play them in the ALCSbecause those battles have been epic. But being able to get on my friends who are Yankee fans because their team cant make the playoffs kinda makes up for it.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

But I cant say that I dont like seeing them struggle, as a Sox fan I thoroughly enjoy it. But at the end of the day I still want to play them in the ALCS because those battles have been epic. But being able to get on my friends who are Yankee fans because their team cant make the playoffs kinda makes up for it.
Nah, it's from an article. I guess I should put it in a quote box to make it look reasonable.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

But I cant say that I dont like seeing them struggle, as a Sox fan I thoroughly enjoy it. But at the end of the day I still want to play them in the ALCS because those battles have been epic. But being able to get on my friends who are Yankee fans because their team cant make the playoffs kinda makes up for it.
Nah, it's from an article. I guess I should put it in a quote box to make it look reasonable.
O aight. I honestly didnt read it, I just saw the long +!% response and was like wow.

Back
Top Bottom