Seeking relationship advice- Vol:Balllin' on a budget 2gether!

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Just take him on a walk for some frozen yogurt.

alien.gif
 I see what you did there... lol

Me n my girl are the same age. When we go out we take turns paying for each other so its even. If not she cooks something hella good.

Me n my girl are the same age. When we go out we take turns paying for each other so its even. If not she cooks something hella good.

Originally Posted by generaiya

Guy pretending to be a girl alert! You don't fool Generaiya, you 
alien.gif

08f353fae39739495b9324ddaaeabda963386bc.jpg

Nooo no no! Being on NT all day at work has really got me involved in the way you guys communicate with one another- that and the way my bf talks to me sometimes..I was the queen of stone faces for awhile
laugh.gif

ANYWAYS! Nawth21 we do not live together but if we do decide to in the future, to take the next step, we want to already have knowledge on anything that can easily hurt us which is lack of knowledge of budgeting together.

Originally Posted by generaiya

Guy pretending to be a girl alert! You don't fool Generaiya, you 
alien.gif

08f353fae39739495b9324ddaaeabda963386bc.jpg

Nooo no no! Being on NT all day at work has really got me involved in the way you guys communicate with one another- that and the way my bf talks to me sometimes..I was the queen of stone faces for awhile
laugh.gif

ANYWAYS! Nawth21 we do not live together but if we do decide to in the future, to take the next step, we want to already have knowledge on anything that can easily hurt us which is lack of knowledge of budgeting together.

laugh.gif
 budgeting? you're talking about leisure activities like shopping and going out to eat though..
if you dont do those as often as you guys currently do, then you (he) will save money. 

laugh.gif
 budgeting? you're talking about leisure activities like shopping and going out to eat though..
if you dont do those as often as you guys currently do, then you (he) will save money. 

Communication is always the key to budgeting...Luckily for you, spring/summer is around the corner so that'll give you more options for activities to do together..Saying "we're not gonna shop/go out to eat/go to the movies as much" might be cool for a little, but then eventually watching DVDs at home will get boring...So once the weather improves just take advantage of the weather and go to parks/beaches/play sports together/etc.. It's cheap and it allows u guys to spend time together outdoors which is always a plus..Then when the weather gets colder, just make sure to plan out a designate "date night."..It might sound corny, but it gives u more control over how often u go out...When u just go out on dates when u feel like it, you lose track of how often you go out and that's when you end up spending more than you should..Shopping is actually the most important one to focus on because that's where the most unnecessary money is spent..Avoiding going to stores where you know you often buy things will help you in the long run.

Communication is always the key to budgeting...Luckily for you, spring/summer is around the corner so that'll give you more options for activities to do together..Saying "we're not gonna shop/go out to eat/go to the movies as much" might be cool for a little, but then eventually watching DVDs at home will get boring...So once the weather improves just take advantage of the weather and go to parks/beaches/play sports together/etc.. It's cheap and it allows u guys to spend time together outdoors which is always a plus..Then when the weather gets colder, just make sure to plan out a designate "date night."..It might sound corny, but it gives u more control over how often u go out...When u just go out on dates when u feel like it, you lose track of how often you go out and that's when you end up spending more than you should..Shopping is actually the most important one to focus on because that's where the most unnecessary money is spent..Avoiding going to stores where you know you often buy things will help you in the long run.

Originally Posted by proper english

laugh.gif

I know the concept/advice seeking sounds childish when you want to compare it to fully grown adults in a relationships, but if we can't make the best now and understand limits to our spending than later when we take on bigger responsibilty as "fully grown adults", then we're just going to set ourselves up to fail.

Originally Posted by proper english

laugh.gif

I know the concept/advice seeking sounds childish when you want to compare it to fully grown adults in a relationships, but if we can't make the best now and understand limits to our spending than later when we take on bigger responsibilty as "fully grown adults", then we're just going to set ourselves up to fail.

dont over do going out all the time it tends to get old fast, do it enuff to where it stays fresh, if that makes any sense. ALSO listen to some of these guy bcuz the time u guys spend togther aside from movies, mall, paries etc..is great time spent, it does tend to bring u alot closer

dont over do going out all the time it tends to get old fast, do it enuff to where it stays fresh, if that makes any sense. ALSO listen to some of these guy bcuz the time u guys spend togther aside from movies, mall, paries etc..is great time spent, it does tend to bring u alot closer

In that case you budget the same way as if you were single. Break down all of your expenses + $ for savings then designate a set amount a month for fun stuff - shopping, dates,etc. You'll be more choosy in your activities and it'll help to plan events instead of randomly deciding to go out or whatever. He can do the same for his budget and then for more expensive activities you can pool your fun funds together. Might as well just pay for your own way though if he's tired of footing the bill.

In that case you budget the same way as if you were single. Break down all of your expenses + $ for savings then designate a set amount a month for fun stuff - shopping, dates,etc. You'll be more choosy in your activities and it'll help to plan events instead of randomly deciding to go out or whatever. He can do the same for his budget and then for more expensive activities you can pool your fun funds together. Might as well just pay for your own way though if he's tired of footing the bill.

I hear making sandwiches is a good way to save money. Everyone appreciates them.

Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom