Seized and confiscated. Bamboozled with COUNTERFEIT MONEY. PICS

Yep, it had the line. That's usually the first thing I check. They didn't even bother doing the marker test. Teller said it was the feel/texture of the bill that gave it away. I figured it was just crispy fresh bills. It never crossed my mind that I'd get hit with a counterfeit bill, so may just buy one of those markers.
theres still counterfeits that can pass that marker test too..

yea, basically the $5 bill gets erased and the $100 is printed on it. What I usually do is take the counterfeit marker with me, check for the face, on the little bar it has on the left side it states what amount of bill the currency it is.

Sucks OP. I was wondering if this ever happened.

Can't deal w shoes. These crack addict like sneaker fiends need to have them shoes by any means. Effed up

I wonder what would have happened if you tried to deposit the cash into an ATM?

Would it take them add the money to your account then later say "oh they were fake" and deduct it? Or would it just spit them back out because they aren't real money therefore you know they are fake and don't have to take the $200 L by the bank saying "we need to keep these". Just spread them back into the system

"quickest way to get rid of counterfeit money, put it in the collection plate at church" carlin :smokin

how did you not know they were fake? it's very simple to tell a bill is fake just by feeling or looking at it; you dont need a machine to tell that it's fake. :smh: at yall talking about markers and doing meetups inside bank lobbys. i used to work at a bank, it's standard procedure to take your info down, because really, literally everyone can tell a bill is fake, so it's a bit suspicious to not know they were fake, other than defrauding the bank.

Obviously you can tell easily when a bill is fake, you worked at a bank!

Not everyone handles cash nowadays with debit and credit and paypal taking over for every day transactions.

Would it take them add the money to your account then later say "oh they were fake" and deduct it? Or would it just spit them back out because they aren't real money therefore you know they are fake and don't have to take the $200 L by the bank saying "we need to keep these". Just spread them back into the system
im pretty sure they will call you in to tell you they want to talk to you and when you show up, there will be either cops or some other type of official..

the machine is going to take it since its usually a lower denomination bill with the ink rubbed off...its quite easy to pull, just using household chemicals.

at 2:58 they show the process some people use to make blank bills.

Last edited:
amateurs. only use 20s or 10s. if u have a good connect u can get bills that pass the pen test. 

hundreds get caught the easiest. 

There is a pen that can detect fakes on bills. I wonder where you can buy them but that would be really useful at cash meet ups.

Happened to me. Sold my 02 cg 9s for 180 about 3 months ago. Dude came thru with all 20s. Deposited them in the ATM and 1 bill came out. It was fake

I think I used it to get a haircut or something

Also, with people usin fake bills and taking the payment back on PayPal, how are you guys gonna sell your kicks anymore? Sucks pelotas OP

Minus whale start bartering. I can see it now - September blue 6s! DS with box!

Highest offer - 12 chickens, 2 pigs and a kit kat

Last edited:

im pretty sure they will call you in to tell you they want to talk to you and when you show up, there will be either cops or some other type of official..

the machine is going to take it since its usually a lower denomination bill with the ink rubbed off...its quite easy to pull, just using household chemicals.

at 2:58 they show the process some people use to make blank bills.

Dude probably hit the undercover cops with a fake name..

I work as a supervisor to cashiers at a high volume grocery store. Some counterfeits are pretty damn good, but I'm a pro at determining authenticity now. Mostly get 20's but sometimes 100's. Typically if it's a single bill, I tell the customer I can't give the bill back, but if they want to wait for the police to show up they will be reimbursed after they answer some questions. The PD usually comes out in like 5 minutes and refunds them on the spot then takes the fake. Mostly the person is like OP and has no idea they have fake money or where they got it from.

Other times though, the person has an excess of counterfeit money and tries to pass it all at once. This is when I have to use some trickery. I tell em "Oh I'm 99% sure your bills are real, I just have to deposit it into our safe, BRB..." meanwhile I'm on the line with the cops tryna get them arrested. Happens at least once a month. That's what I get for living in the meth hot spot of the U.S.

i remember i had to make the daily deposit at the store i was working at awhile back and there were a couple of 20s and 10s that were counterfeit. teller ran the cash in the machine and it stopped a couple times and he pulled the fake bills out. had to fill out the form just like you did. apparently, there was a rash of counterfeit currency being passed around and the bank manager and teller told me to be more careful.

most of the pros only do 10/20s

USA bills :smh:

easy to reproduce.

Canadian bills though, impossible to reproduce them ****

If he didn't go into the situation expecting to receive fake bills, how would he have known to check? Lesson learned

Exactly why I hate taking large bills... at work especially.

Because people can be shady trying to pass a fake bill on to you, so you can get screwed over instead. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom