Seized and confiscated. Bamboozled with COUNTERFEIT MONEY. PICS

This is why i am sketchy about doing meet ups, i rather do the paypal route. Going to have to change my listing now.

If he didn't go into the situation expecting to receive fake bills, how would he have known to check? Lesson learned

thats why i dont do meet ups, fear of getting robbed/killed over some stupid $100 item or getting fake money.

i bet it happens a lot but people dont even know the money is fake and they go and use it and it just keeps going around in circles from person to person.

:smh:

I wonder what would have happened if you tried to deposit the cash into an ATM?

Would it take them add the money to your account then later say "oh they were fake" and deduct it? Or would it just spit them back out because they aren't real money therefore you know they are fake and don't have to take the $200 L by the bank saying "we need to keep these". Just spread them back into the system
im pretty sure they will call you in to tell you they want to talk to you and when you show up, there will be either cops or some other type of official..

the machine is going to take it since its usually a lower denomination bill with the ink rubbed off...its quite easy to pull, just using household chemicals.

at 2:58 they show the process some people use to make blank bills.

Dude probably hit the undercover cops with a fake name..

WTF!!!!! There was a camera in the room, they didn't tell me dat :smh: >:

obviously its been a while since youve worked at a bank the counterfeits going around can pass the watermark,marker and are even printed on the same paper as legit bills.

oh yeah he ripped himself off.

There's really, REALLY good fakes out there. I've seen em get by people who handle money for a living. It's not THAT easy to tell.

So I go to my bank to deposit $200 to my account and the teller had to forward me and the bills to the manager. Apparently the bills were counterfeit. Lady told me that they could not deposit the amount to my account and that they had to keep the bills and send it to authorities.

Folks were treating me as if I personally made the bills. Smh. They took my information and filed a Counterfeit Note Report to Homeland Security. So I pretty much took a $200 loss and the only way I could somehow get it back is by filing it as loss when I do my taxes.

I would've never thought Id end up with counterfeit money. I did at least 10 sneaker meetups this past month or so, so I know it came from one of these dudes. Has this happened to anyone else before?!

View media item 210102

View media item 210103

Considering that you used to post fake foamposites and 1/2 cents this doesn't surprise me one bit

Considering that you used to post fake foamposites and 1/2 cents this doesn't surprise me one bit
eek.gif
OP is it true you have been Penny loafin'?

I remember the recent scam story on NT where a buyer tried to give the OP fake bills and OP chased the guy down in his car and got his kicks back. I'm pretty sure he left out the part where he pulled out the baretta and put it to the scammer's dome.

Always look at the money handed to you in any transaction. I learned that a long time ago as a kid. Try to compare it to bills you already got. I know most ppl aren't experts to tell a counterfeit from the real thing but there's things to look for even for the common man.

if it was fake you didnt take an L at least from the bank but from the guy who paid you for the shoes

1 of my homies buys kicks and iPhones on cl with fake bills. They mark and have the line. Texture and smell is on point too...100s, 50s and 20s. He hasn't been caught....yet.

Damn, wish you wouldve noticed before you took them to the bank, I wouldve tried to pass/exchange them off somewhere else like a clothing store or maybe somewhere less strict.
fast food restaurants suck them up over here
roll.gif

This is why I always use ATM's to deposit my cash. Any bill it can't recognize it will spit back out.

Sorry OP. That sucks. I am always bothered by the Tellers at banks. They always are suspicious of you with when you withdraw your own damn money and always ask you stupid inappropriate questions.

I'd be heated if they treating me like some 2nd hand citizen. :smh:

I use to work at Wells Fargo about 7 years ago. Twice I had to break the news to a customer making a business deposit that I found a counterfeit $100 bill. Of course we had to keep it and well, you can imagine their reaction.

I could smell a counterfeit from a mile away. Spend most of my early working days handling money.

Here the problem with those markers, now in days the fake bills are made from real bills. Ex. 10 dollar bill to 100 5 dollar to 50. The pen will not detect that bc technically speaking it is a real bill just the number is fake. I've had many runs with this problem the way u can check it when u put it in the air check the strip make sure it says 100 on it look for Ben Franklin shadow on the right side of the bill. I know a lot of people feel the collar of the president saying if it's smooth it is fake never did that. I always do transaction using pay pal as a buyer or seller I rather pay 10 dollars shipping then find out the money is fake.

yo man last night i had a nightmare that i had fake money **** is ****** up, i read this thread yesterday too. i was sweating mad hard b, feds caught me but i aint even did that **** intentfully they try to lock a ***** up i didnt even do ****, all i did was look around my house and found an envelope of cash that i thought i got paid from n just forgot to put in the bank. so i went to some place n was tryna cop something i dont remember what and the cops were there and they were like this **** is fake
Stay in school kid.

I doubt anyone buying sneakers is going to get fake money that can pass the marker test, anyways buy and bring the marker with you next time. 
lol, even though it happened to this guy and some other user...keep thinking that though..

ANYONE can make these notes nowadays all you need is a jetink printer lasers leave pixels.

and the paper can be bought at staples..

even met some dude who was making fake payroll checks..and saw him make it with some software and a random signature he found on the net..

this dude was apparently scamming BOA's in cali for years and and he had a crap load of stolen IDs with him..

he used this kind of paper for the paychecks..he was printing out checks from a hotel room for a bunch of people..

he ended up getting caught and it turned out he scammed banks for over a mill in less than a year..

http://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...la-_-Office_Supplies+Custom_Printing-_-778135

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom