Selling about 2-4 Grand worth of my kicks and investing in Nike or Apple stock, Good idea?

idk my homegirl was telling me i should do this instead of buying kicks every week
laugh.gif

what yall think?

Sell your shoes, but for the love of God don't get into the stock market until you know what you're doing
laugh.gif

Not really. You're about 1.5-2 years late on investing and seeing any major monetary gain from a power stock.

Stock market is too long term, and your shoes will probly go up in value some still. Also, 2k in apple or nike is... nothing.

Just gotta keep your eye out for the next Ford Motor Co type stock. $1.50 a share a couple years ago and now up to $15. I wish I had been as old as I am now back when the market first crashed. So many easy money stocks to choose.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

carbon fiber and aluminum, thank me later

Can anyone else vouch for this?
nerd.gif

I'd seriously dump all my kicks if I could find a nice and safe investment.

hm, didnt even think about how much the stocks would cost, thats true, my dad was always telling me to start putting money into stocks since i dont have any responsibilities(wife or kids to support) right now

Originally Posted by MrWavez

hm, didnt even think about how much the stocks would cost, thats true, my dad was always telling me to start putting money into stocks since i dont have any responsibilities(wife or kids to support) right now

I'll tell you one thing, the stock market is designed to take money from people who arbitrarily throw money at it because you're supposed to and because anyone with a career has their retirement relying on it in one form or another. 

You either need to save up more money and hire an advisor or really learn financial markets (academic books, not google) for yourself.  Otherwise do something else with your money because you will more than likely loose a good chunk.

Buy 40 shares of Bidu if it gets down to 123 and sell anywhere between 140-150. It's a volatile stock so be wary and ready to cash out. It moves quick, great company to day trade.

Cheaper alternative, if Morgan Stanley comes down to 13, buy as much as you can and sell between 15 and 16.

If you get your hand on 6 grand, look into Tiffany, getting in around 64-66. Sell between 80-84.

Start doing your research on the stocks affiliated with the housing market. It's only a matter of time before the market explodes again.

Look into FSLR if you're in the mood for a spec. At 57 right now, very good company that's just hit hard by the market. Once things right it should be very profitable, especially considering the impending cold solar war we're gonna have with China.

BP btw, isn't a bad place to look if you can afford to sit on the money for some time. 80 dollars is an inevitability.

AAPL is a great buy, at least in the 3-5 year period.  Like anything else, buy with confidence, but reevaluate periodically.
Upside: Explosive growth in mobile communications due to iPhone.  Still no proven competitors for the iPad.  Continues to gain market share from PC manufacturers.

Downside: As fantastic as the company is...they are still primarily a consumer brand.  While their market capitalization is greater than Microsoft or IBM, they have not reached the level of indispensability that either of those two companies have.  MSFT could lose enormous PC share, fail at Windows mobile, and at the end of the day they would still be a multibillion dollar company because they are crucial to business and enterprise.  Same with IBM.  Apple is scorching, but they are riding a heretofore unseen wave of consumer enthusiasm.  If the customer sours on the companies products...it could get ugly.  They wouldn't go belly-up or anything, but you could be looking at up to a third or more of your investment diminishing.

Stock is most likely headed to upwards $480 in the next 12-16 months.  Thats an $80(20%) increase.  Who wouldn't want to grow their money 20%.

One last note....Apple doesn't operate in a vacuum.  They are subject to the whims of the market like any other company.  They could sell 40 million iphones in the 4th quarter...if the gang of 6 doesn't come up with a good plan for the deficit, or Greece defaults...the market could tumble, and Apple along with it.  You have to ask yourself...how much market volatility can you stomach in the short term.  

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

AAPL is a great buy, at least in the 3-5 year period.  Like anything else, buy with confidence, but reevaluate periodically.
Upside: Explosive growth in mobile communications due to iPhone.  Still no proven competitors for the iPad.  Continues to gain market share from PC manufacturers.

Downside: As fantastic as the company is...they are still primarily a consumer brand.  While their market capitalization is greater than Microsoft or IBM, they have not reached the level of indispensability that either of those two companies have.  MSFT could lose enormous PC share, fail at Windows mobile, and at the end of the day they would still be a multibillion dollar company because they are crucial to business and enterprise.  Same with IBM.  Apple is scorching, but they are riding a heretofore unseen wave of consumer enthusiasm.  If the customer sours on the companies products...it could get ugly.  They wouldn't go belly-up or anything, but you could be looking at up to a third or more of your investment diminishing.

Stock is most likely headed to upwards $480 in the next 12-16 months.  Thats an $80(20%) increase.  Who wouldn't want to grow their money 20%.

One last note....Apple doesn't operate in a vacuum.  They are subject to the whims of the market like any other company.  They could sell 40 million iphones in the 4th quarter...if the gang of 6 doesn't come up with a good plan for the deficit, or Greece defaults...the market could tumble, and Apple along with it.  You have to ask yourself...how much market volatility can you stomach in the short term.  
listen to this guy... i agree but i think within the next 1.5 years im speculating aapl hits $500.. if you want to buy id almost say you were safe now because their earnings report is due next week but id also wait for a pull back, anything under $375 is a buy.

also, for all those saying only 2-4k is just a couple shares etc... its all relative because whatever you put into the market you'll receive back in %

keep in mind appl has been exceeding estimates for the past few quarters

yall need to do your hmwk before gambling with ur money, thats essentially what your doing if you dont do your research.

Back
Top Bottom