September Wrestling Thread 2021

Kenny and MJF are great characters, but neither are must-see in-ring performers.
Ehh I actually don’t agree. Kenny isn’t a great character at all. He’s boring tbh, whereas MJF is electric. Kenny can wrestle his *** off though. Could probably have a solid match with anyone. Kinda like Seth Freakin or AJ.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican
I'm thinking of copping.
Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 10.30.26 PM.png

I agree - his character is definitely not 'elite',- likely wont draw in new viewers.
As a wrestling fan I enjoy him as champ

No suspense in this because there are approximately zero people who believe Christian can actually win

Ehh I actually don’t agree. Kenny isn’t a great character at all. He’s boring tbh, whereas MJF is electric. Kenny can wrestle his *** off though. Could probably have a solid match with anyone. Kinda like Seth Freakin or AJ.

I like Kenny’s character(s). I think he gets IT from the Kenny The Cleaner gimmick to this one. He can build himself up to make you think he’s important. I’m not saying he can’t wrestle or he sucks, like John Cena, he’s just boring to me.

IT might just be me, but I feel like they just screwed up with him. Should’ve rode the wave when he was the “best wrestler in the world” coming off the Okada matches, and was the most hyped non-WWE guy.

Instead he was in a tag team and lost all of that momentum. Had him eventually beat Ambrose (who was also stale) for the championship, and then gave him a goofy look and had him win meaningless other championships to try to make him important and IT didn’t work FOR ME.

I agree - his character is definitely not 'elite',- likely wont draw in new viewers.
As a wrestling fan I enjoy him as champ

Agreed. He’s a great champion. He’s just not an AEW Ambassador. He’d rather hang out with his friends and play videogames than make tv appearances or see sick kids in hospitals or even do the morning show rounds.

Back
Top Bottom