September Wrestling Thread 2021

Jim Cornette: "If anybody with access to Tony Khan can get to him, tell him I heard everything that he said about Bobby & how respectful it was & how nice it was & I thank you Tony. Tony Khan is not a horrible human being. We may see way far apart on wrestling...but that was a cool thing to do Tony"

This was a good podcast...closer to the old Cornette shows

danger style danger style
Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
Bad Moon Rison Bad Moon Rison
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
Peep Game Peep Game
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

Great American Bash:06/16/1996:
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=1620&page=2

Tag Team Match
The Steiner Brothers (Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner) vs. Fire And Ice (Ice-Train & Scott Norton)
Ice Train showed flashes of potential but also signs of being green. There were a few moments where his timing was off. I’m thinking about the hot tag Rick Steiner got when he tried to Irish Whip Ice and there were some miscommunications. Scott NOrton was too big to take some of those bumps, most notably the FrankenSteiner. Not even sure WHAT that was. Solid opening match either way.

WCW United States Heavyweight Title Match
Konnan (c) vs. El Gato
This was a solid match. The fans weren’t much into it but moves were clean, executed well, and there was a nice back and forth throughout. El Gato = PAt Tanaka. Tanaka is known as a jobber by anyone that started following in the mid-90s but he has always been solid in my book. Commentary was hilarious during this match. “Leg-Drag Takedown.” (Dragon Screw)

Lord Of The Ring Match
Diamond Dallas Page vs. Marcus Alexander Bagwell
It’s crazy to think that DDP got started in his mid 30s. Watching him, you wouldn’t even believe someone if they told you that. This was when they started featuring Bagwell more in a singles role and he held his own here. He was still young at this point but you could see he had IT.

WCW World Cruiserweight Title Match
Dean Malenko (c) vs. Rey Misterio Jr.
I got chills watching this. I wish we had the syndicated shows leading up to this event because I remember them hyping the HELL out of Rey Mysterio Jr. on Worldwide, Pro, and Main Event. Before this, I had only seen/heard about him through the Apter Mags (PWI, The Wrestler) so I was looking forward to this match in 96. Looking at it NOW (and again) and just seeing what Rey turned into made this even more special. MAlenko worked the arm of a high flyer for some odd reason, I wish we could talk to Dean about that approach. The fans were WAITING for Rey to breakthrough but he was stopped so many times by Dean. Once he saw that one opening though, it was over. Dude was 21 at the time and his stuff was SO damn clean. He made no sense at all. Standing ovation. Also, shoutout to Mike Tenay for bringing a level of professionalism to the telecast. He will ALWAYS be appreciated.

Singles Match
John Tenta vs. Big Bubba (w/Jimmy Hart)
I wonder what these dudes thought about having to follow Malenko/Mysterio. Not much fan participation here as they were probably tired from the previous match. But I have to say (again) that I hate seeing spots where BIG BIG men are getting slammed and there is no type of payoff. Slamming Big Quake just in a throw away match is a waste of a slam. Such a flat finish to end this match.

Falls Count Anywhere Match
Chris Benoit vs. Kevin Sullivan (w/Jimmy Hart)
Yea, this was a battle man. Yall know I don’t even give a damn about these types of matches but FOR this type of match, I could see the appeal. It’s Funny that a superPlex ended the match simply because it was done from a table. Now, THAT was funny. Great intensity all around.

Singles Match
Sting vs. Lord Steven Regal (w/Jeeves)
So much love and respects for The Sting. Regal controlled most of the match here showing his aggressive technical style. After Regal blocked the Stinger Splash, I wasn’t expecting Sting to quickly turn around and backdrop him though. Interesting move placement there. Either way, Sting fought from underneath most of the match and got the win in pure babyface fashion.

Tag Team Match
Arn Anderson & Ric Flair (w/Bobby Heenan, Miss Elizabeth & Woman) vs. Kevin Greene & Steve McMichael (w/Debra McMichael, Randy Savage & Tara Greene)
I remember reading/hearing that KEvin Greene really enjoyed this program and was a long time wrestling fan. I respect celebrities that take this thing seriously. He wrestled a decent match when he was in there. I wonder had KEvin Greene stuck with Pro Wrestling if he would have ended up decent. I know he would have ended up better than damn MOngo. Woman Woman Woman. I wonder how much money was in that “halliburton.” Looked like a bunch of onces from where I was sitting.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Lex Luger
The previous match and the previous segment was a lot. That combined with the styles just not clashing here made for a match that the fans just weren’t into. The teasing of the Rack from the corner was nice but other than that, this wasn’t much. WCW has really booked The Giant strong since his debut. I commend them for that.

Solid PPV. A lot went on here and we are moving toward THE moment that changed wrestling history. The Cruiserweight division is about to crank up as well. Good times for WCW.

LargeTileMobile_Karrion_1200x2100_crop_center.jpg

Looks like Pillman Jr got exposed a while back, never heard of this

I remember this happening. Doesn't seem like a huge deal to me. IMO Brian Jr legit looked like he was trying to wrap his brain around a friend doing something like that, and get all the info he could to make it make sense. I've been in a similar situation where my brain had to process someone I considered a good friend doing some really awful sht. It's hard to deal with.

I remember this happening. Doesn't seem like a huge deal to me. IMO Brian Jr legit looked like he was trying to wrap his brain around a friend doing something like that, and get all the info he could to make it make sense. I've been in a similar situation where my brain had to process someone I considered a good friend doing some really awful sht. It's hard to deal with.

I think the problem he made was giving a damn about whether or not the "Kid" was going to have his career ruined over her feeling like she needed to get that trauma off her chest.

He was flat out wrong here.

I think the problem he made was giving a damn about whether or not the "Kid" was going to have his career ruined over her feeling like she needed to get that trauma off her chest.

He was flat out wrong here.

Yeah, good point about him throwing that out there. That was definitely a head scratcher.

layziegunts layziegunts
cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9
datboi81 datboi81
KHUFU KHUFU

This month, “The Godfather” Nate Milton & “The Professor” Kris Ealy are joined by Sid “SP3” Pullar (Tru Heel Heat, Sportskeeda Wrestling) & Righteous Reg (Pro Wrestling Illustrated, composer of The N.W.A. Podcast theme) for a round-table discussion on the latest WWE releases, Big E winning at Money In The Bank, ‘The Trial of Faye Jackson”, and more.

Then, Andrew Thompson returns for another informative installment of “Nubian News”!

The guys also respond to the latest listener question, and Nate reiterates the “5 categories of characters that Black performers are allowed to portray in the WWE”.

The N.W.A. Podcast: “Tribal Chief Heat” - POST Wrestling | WWE NXT AEW NJPW UFC Podcasts, News, Reviews

Who is Wai Ting?

A question that is often asked is now finally answered.

On this significant weekend of the man’s life, we go back and tell the entire story of Wai Tseung Ting.

With appearances from many figures from his past and present – it’s the definitive biography of everyone’s favorite POST personality.

POST PROFILE: Who is Wai Ting? [Audio documentary]

Looks like Pillman Jr got exposed a while back, never heard of this

I'm confused..what's the context of this?..BPJr had/has a friend that did something wrong and he was trying to find out what went down?..The "ruined career" thing was a little cringeworthy, but what about this convo are we supposed to hold Pilman's face to the fire for?..

I'm confused..what's the context of this?..BPJr had/has a friend that did something wrong and he was trying to find out what went down?..The "ruined career" thing was a little cringeworthy, but what about this convo are we supposed to hold Pilman's face to the fire for?..
I think The "ruined career" part.

Back
Top Bottom