Serena Williams - Mass Attack

The coach also said all the coaches do and have BEEN doing it. Why call it now all of a sudden? ijs
Yeah...the way the coach talked, it seemed like a foul call at the end of an NBA game as in the ref just doesnt call it.

The coach also said all the coaches do and have BEEN doing it. Why call it now all of a sudden? ijs

I agree about that one.

Usually it's a warning. But dude did it while the ref was looking at him lol.
And that was just 1 point. The rest could have easily been avoided.

And that ref is notorious for being like that for men and women.

Serena is a sore loser. Her behavior robbed Osaka of a big moment in her life. Spazzing out on the ump like you McEnroe or something. You gotta try and keep it graceful at all times. You forgot you tryna break white girl records and the sport secretly doesn’t like that or....

Also Serena didn't stop, she was acting like an entitled white woman at a certain point talking about some, "You owe me an apology." She said that about 10 times, I was like AIGHT MAN, move on! Next play.

Bad calls happen, they do. Move on

Serena is a sore loser. Her behavior robbed Osaka of a big moment in her life. Spazzing out on the ump like you McEnroe or something. You gotta try and keep it graceful at all times. You forgot you tryna break white girl records and the sport secretly doesn’t like that or....
I think the accusation of cheating made it a worse moment for Serena than losing did. At least that's what she said and I'll take her at her word.

Not to excuse the behavior...you guys are right...it was ugly.

I agree about that one.

Usually it's a warning. But dude did it while the ref was looking at him lol.
And that was just 1 point. The rest could have easily been avoided.

And that ref is notorious for being like that for men and women.

Also Serena didn't stop, she was acting like an entitled white woman at a certain point talking about some, "You owe me an apology." She said that about 10 times, I was like AIGHT MAN, move on! Next play.

Bad calls happen, they do. Move on

While I agree with these, seeing someone trying to screw you over in a major moment is infuriating.

While I agree with these, seeing someone trying to screw you over in a major moment is infuriating.
I am sure it is VERY frustrating, and it IS easy for me to say what I would do while sitting on the sidelines. I acknowledge that.

Imagine if LeBron got a bad call and was like

" THAT WAS NOT A FOUL YOU ARE A THIEF AND YOU OWE ME AN APOLOGY, I AM FATHER"

he would be suspended 3 games and fined $75,000 lol

No one made her smash her raquet on the ground and get another violation that was 100% on her. Also many ignore this was the 3rd or 4th time she’s had a temper tantrum at a chair umpire or official at the us open. she has a habit of losing her cool there. her meltdowns cost her 3 us open matches, 2 of those being finals.

The majority of the media seems to be on her side saying the ref is sexist. Just because he lets male players act out more doesn’t excuse her behavior.

I'm more annoyed at the fact she tried to pull the Sexism, "as a mother" "i'm doing it for ya'll card".

Poor Osaka, if you check her latest instagram post she's getting vilified by Serena stans.

Serena needs to come out and owe Osaka a public apology. really lost a lot of respect for her

Serena's really been letting me down lately. I don't know what's going on, but her attitude's been getting more sour by the year. She's adopted this victim mentality that a ton of other people are adopting, and it's really sad. She messed up. Period. And the fact that she brought up "fighting for women's rights" and bringing up her child and what she stands for and all that jazz... it just looked like she was trying to have an excuse for getting her bEEhind kicked. It takes away from people that are REALLY being messed over when you overexaggerate what you're going through for sympathy. Even my mom texted me and said she's done with her lol. Hopefully she'll shake back and least the BS at home.

Imagine if LeBron got a bad call and was like

" THAT WAS NOT A FOUL YOU ARE A THIEF AND YOU OWE ME AN APOLOGY, I AM FATHER"

he would be suspended 3 games and fined $75,000 lol
Lies.

He has said FAR worse to refs and that hasn't happened.
Kobe
CP3

Using NBA players to support YOUR argument wouldn't be smart at all. They verbally castrate officials with little to no consequences that match what comes out of their mouthes.

Lies.

Kobe
CP3

Using NBA players to support YOUR argument wouldn't be smart at all. They verbally castrate officials with little to no consequences that match what comes out of their mouthes.

Ask for apologies tho lol

I'm not referring to the berating but the content.
That would be funny to me

Serena's really been letting me down lately. I don't know what's going on, but her attitude's been getting more sour by the year. She's adopted this victim mentality that a ton of other people are adopting, and it's really sad. She messed up. Period. And the fact that she brought up "fighting for women's rights" and bringing up her child and what she stands for and all that jazz... it just looked like she was trying to have an excuse for getting her bEEhind kicked. It takes away from people that are REALLY being messed over when you overexaggerate what you're going through for sympathy. Even my mom texted me and said she's done with her lol. Hopefully she'll shake back and least the BS at home.
I don't follow tennis but there seems to be a fair case being built against the fairness of the chair ump. Now Serena went the sexism route, which you may not agree with. But I'm not sure it is right to completely dismiss it.

This isn't to say her actions were right...it's to say that it's possible that men are not being held to the same standard Serena was held to yestsrday...Which would be unjust. It's not my battle to fight, but I won't dismiss it so easily.

No one made her smash her raquet on the ground and get another violation that was 100% on her. Also many ignore this was the 3rd or 4th time she’s had a temper tantrum at a chair umpire or official at the us open. she has a habit of losing her cool there. her meltdowns cost her 3 us open matches, 2 of those being finals.

The majority of the media seems to be on her side saying the ref is sexist. Just because he lets male players act out more doesn’t excuse her behavior.

See, I have a problem with that statement. . Either he officiates equally for both genders or he doesn't officiate at all. As an emp you can't have double standards when you're calling games like that. Especially in the finals.

imagine playing vs your idol to realise they're a jackass in the end.

That's why they say never meet your heros
I mean I don’t think any of Serena’s ire was directed at her. This is a competition. Jordan or Kobe could be a great guy off court but on court things are different and osaka should understand that. They ain’t friends in the heat of battle

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/10/serena-williams-jk-rowling-newspaper-cartoon/

J.K. ROWLINGBLASTS 'RACIST' SERENA NEWSPAPER CARTOON
9/10/2018 6:14 AM PDT
J.K. Rowling Blasts 'Racist' Serena Williams Newspaper Cartoon
BREAKING NEWS
0910-serena-williams-drawing-cartoon-twitter-3.jpg

This is not good.

A newspaper in Australia is catching A LOT of heat over a cartoon that was trying to spoof Serena Williams' incident at the U.S. Open -- because it's racist as hell.

The cartoon -- drawn by Mark Knight (editorial cartoonist for the Herald Sun newspaper) -- shows the tennis superstar stomping on her racket.

But, let's get serious, it looks like a Jim Crow-era, Sambo-style caricature of a black person -- not Serena Williams.

The cartoon has been blasted by athletes and celebs including J.K. Rowling who said, "Well done on reducing one of the greatest sportswomen alive to racist and sexist tropes and turning a second great sportswoman into a faceless prop."

ESPN's Jemele Hill noted the racism is "About as subtle as Fran Drescher’s voice."

So far, it doesn't seem like the Herald Sun is backing down -- they retweeted the image and haven't pulled it.

At least, not yet.

As we reported ... Serena was penalized several times during Saturday's U.S. Open finals match against Naomi Osaka. Serena went off on the judge claiming he was a "thief" who stole a point from her.

The judge then penalized Serena a game for the "verbal abuse." Williams continued to go off on the guy to other tournament officials claiming the judge would never treat a man that way.

Lies.

Kobe
CP3

Every sport has its unspoken breakable rules tho.
You ever seen a basketball or football coach argue with a ref the way a coach argues with an ump in baseball?
I mean those baseball umpires have literal verbal fights with coaches. So every sport has its unspoken breakable rule.

I know you already said it but Serena was way out line in this one. This whole “doing it for women” card is extremely played out.

**** like this is why I won't even discuss what she may have done wrong.
I hear you but we are grown, we can multi-task. But the fact that folks can still have the heart (in 2018) to write articles with art like that is wild as hell to me.

Has nothing to do with multitasking. She has dominated this sport for decades and still doesn't get the respect internally, as they constantly nitpick and try to dock her however they can, and gets ugly **** like this externally. **** em, just Sorry this lovely young lady had to be involved .

Back
Top Bottom