Seriously...Shane Battier is a Good NBA Player but...

But, I don't think more praise should be given to those who do play D....

more criticism should be given to those who don't

Shane Battier straight kill brandon Roy on defensive end.

False.

Battier made twice as much last year as Gay.
Battier shoots 4.7 3-pointers a game and is shooting 38% from behind the arc. He's averaging 8.7 points per game.

Gay shoots 4.6 3-pointers a game and is shooting 38% from behind the arc. He's averaging 19 points per game.

Gay also averages more steals per game, more rebounds per game and shoots a higher FG and FT percentage. They average the same amount of assists.

Battier isn't going to get much better and is in the prime of his career. Gay, on the other hand is 8 years younger, will probably win the Most Improved Player award this year and will only get better.

They definitely regret trading him away. Not to mention they traded away Swift, who sucks, but would have given them depth.
Rudy Gay: make 7.6 out of 16.2 attempts.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Shane Battier: make 3.2 out of 7.4 attempts.
He gets more rebound because let face it, who gonna get all rebound for Memphis. Look at Houston, rebounds is the last thing they need him to do.
He scores more point b/c of the run-n-gun style (remember Ivaroni came from Phoenix). If Rudy stays in Houston, he'll a role player nothing more. IfHouston get him back for Battier, he would still be a role player.

gay = Poor man's VC on Toronto. He won't ever lead his team to anything, he doesn't make his teamates better.

Shane Battier is a solid role player, and that's what the Rockets needed. Rudy Gay is like a poor man's T-Mac so why would they need him?

gay = Poor man's VC on Toronto. He won't ever lead his team to anything, he doesn't make his teamates better.

another common cliche/criticism that doesn't mean anything
eyes.gif

tell me what that means? tell me what Rudy should be doing to make Kwame Brown a better player, since its his responsibility to go to practice for Kwame

People hated on Gay saying he was too soft to make in the league.. you could see how wet that J was though in college.. dude jumpshot is
41tmhznpNcL._AA280_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom