Seriously, why isn't Cam Newton getting the same, if not higher, praise as Tim Tebow?

I thought people said that the Wonderlic story didn't happen, but Florio's "anonymous source" was the only one that said it did?

Originally Posted by hugebird

I thought people said that the Wonderlic story didn't happen, but Florio's "anonymous source" was the only one that said it did?

It's funny, but it does sound like tales of the duck.

What Tebow did last week definitely earned him some praise from critics, but A LOT of people are also bashing him for even waiting until that late in the 4th to get his team going.
The fact of the matter is that Tebow always seems to have his team in a position to win dramatically, as to where someone like Cam will carry his team to a win from kickoff.

I believe Cam is getting plenty of props, and he definitely deserves it. If Cam leads his team back with two TD's extra late into the 4th Quarter, and analysts and critics are crickets afterward, THEN we have something to talk about. As for Tebow getting praise, the only person I really see in the media that completely backs him is Skip Bayless; the same guy who admits Tebow may not ever make a Pro Bowl in his career. Skip, along with most analyst, are even making a case for Cam in the Pro Bowl THIS YEAR.

While race is still definitely a factor, it is NOT a factor in this case.

Deuce King wrote:
Like I said, Tim Tebow started his first game and had a freakish, once in a lifetime comeback ... yes, it was against the Dolphins but it was a comeback of epic proportions nonetheless ...

roll.gif

roll.gif
Bless your heart.

once in a lifetime comeback against the Dolphins 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 LAWD

Originally Posted by Smyrthil

Tebow better pray he gets past the SUHnami on sunday...
SUH.gif

suh-magles-o.gif
Suh reminds me of Vontaze Burfict of ASU. They're both ballers, but really d-bags
and Cam >>> Tebow

Man we all know the REAL reason why. Of course will say that is a militant approach/way to look at it but explain to me why I should feel otherwise? Here you have one dude exceeding expectations and the other dude just now getting his chance. Part of the ESPN Hype Machine that is all. ESPN = Vince McMahon. They create a character (LeBron and Tebow) and they stay on their knees forever with a spit bucket.

Just now, Berman was slurping, and Chris Carter was giving him the 
indifferent.gif
 look. 
laugh.gif

Tebow might be good, one day, but Cam is showing out RIGHT NOW.

Cam>Tebow. There really isn't a valid argument that anyone could come up with to say otherwise. Tebow can have all the shine he wants, but anyone with any type of common sense knows what it is.

[h1]Rick’s Cafe: NFL bumps Cam Newton for Tim Tebow on debut cover of its new magazine[/h1]
Rick Chandler

Dec 1, 2011, 3:44 PM EST

2 Comments
tebowcover-copy.png

Remember earlier this year when we thought the Rapture was coming? Yeah … um, can I get my guitar back? Anyway, little did we know that instead of all of the Christian faithful going to God’s house for Thanksgiving, he’d be coming to ours. But not in person. He sent a representative: Tim Tebow.

Want proof of God’s handiwork here on Earth? His latest miracle: After initially naming Cam Newton the cover athlete for the premiere issue of its new official monthly publication, NFL Magazine, the National Football League will instead launch the mag with Tebow on the cover (pictured). Publication date: Dec. 13. NFL press release:

The collectors’ edition, in print just in time for holiday gift subscriptions, will be the first of 12 monthly issues published by the NFL and will be available by subscription and on newsstands nationwide.

So exactly why did Newton get the boot in favor of Tebow?

“It was a last minute decision made by the NFL Magazine team,

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

I want to believe because tebow is winning but I'm not dumb enough to believe that's all the reason.

Look at that mans efficiency though. 1 turnover since becoming a starter, look at the comebacks that man is cooking goddammit

LET THAT BOY COOK

Cam is a wife.
Tebow is a fling.

In terms of what their careers will probably be.

But anyone that isn't enjoying what Tebow is doing isn't a fan of life. It is a fun ride. (Paws).

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

I want to believe because tebow is winning but I'm not dumb enough to believe that's all the reason.

Look at that mans efficiency though. 1 turnover since becoming a starter, look at the comebacks that man is cooking goddammit

LET THAT BOY COOK

Again, I want to believe it's because Tebow is winning but I'm not dumb enough to believe the only reason we are seeing so much of Tebow and so little of Cam is because Tebow is winning.

and I believe in Tebow for the record.

^ We know. Trust, WE know. Some people will make it seem like we are reaching but WE know. It is obvious but again, Tebow is doing his thing.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

^ We know. Trust, WE know. Some people will make it seem like we are reaching but WE know. It is obvious but again, Tebow is doing his thing.
Because Tim Tebow is a divisive figure. Also they are trying to sell magazines. If you really think that Cam will sell more magazines than Tebow, I don't know what to tell you.

Back
Top Bottom