Sesame Street spoiler - Bert and Ernie

Z5kOL46.gif

It's terrifying to think that children could be taught to accept different people at such a young age

If we are being honest, I think people are wondering why ANY form of sexuality is being discussed/introduced on/in/about SS.

Hence solewoman solewoman screaming for innocence

Hetero or Homo

Last edited:
If we are being honest, I think people are wondering why ANY form of sexuality is being discussed/introduced on SS

Hetero or Homo

I believe the reactions would be entirely different if a male cartoon puppet thing was revealed as the partner of a female cartoon puppet thing

I believe the reactions would be entirely different if a male cartoon puppet thing was revealed as the partner of a female cartoon puppet thing
You are correct but I still feel a small(er) population would still question the need for romancing on a kid's show

If we are being honest, I think people are wondering why ANY form of sexuality is being discussed/introduced on/in/about SS.

Hence solewoman solewoman screaming for innocence

Hetero or Homo

Would it be shocking or inappropriate for the show to have a hetero couple on the show?

We all know the creators of kids show have all sorts of Easter eggs and things on sly included in the show. I’m surprised how many people are surprised that they might be gay.

There’s even a show on Nickalodeon (the Loud House) my kids watched that had a gay couple that also had a kid. It took me a few episodes to figure it out, mostly because it wasn’t made to be something strange or weird. To me, that’s the point.

Not a big deal...think about the not-so-subtle undertones in the cartoons and other things we used to watch. Still found enjoyment in the program. At the end of the day, who cares?

They probably WEREN'T but it is beneficial to cater to minority groups so they could easily say they have always been.

Either way, cool/whatever
exactly. adults trying to push their agendas to create a situation that makes them feel comfortable onto a CHILDRENS show.

Despite however a grown *** man feels about 2 puppets sexual orientations, a CHILD isn't making any assuptions or translations. To a 4 year old, bert and earnie are just 2 friends, brothers, cousins, beings, whatever that live together and do silly things.

For a topic of them being gay or straight to even come up is disgusting because we shouldn't be discussing whether they are gay or straight. Its childrens entertainment. There should be no sexual anything in discussion. Straight, gay, bi, whatever. Its a show for toddlers.
I agree with both of these.

I never knew any of these characters were sexually/romantically active to begin with. Kind of weird when half the cast aint even human or an animal

What's guilty about being gay?

Nothing guilty about it. Why are we discussing sexual orientation so young? Why can’t kids just focus on colors, letters and numbers? Everything is all about sex these days. It’s being forced down people’s throats. Leave kids out of it

whats wrong with just being homies these days? why do these puppets have to appeal to a specific sexual orientation at all? why is that a thing?

exactly. adults trying to push their agendas to create a situation that makes them feel comfortable onto a CHILDRENS show.

Despite however a grown *** man feels about 2 puppets sexual orientations, a CHILD isn't making any assuptions or translations. To a 4 year old, bert and earnie are just 2 friends, brothers, cousins, beings, whatever that live together and do silly things.

For a topic of them being gay or straight to even come up is disgusting because we shouldn't be discussing whether they are gay or straight. Its childrens entertainment. There should be no sexual anything in discussion. Straight, gay, bi, whatever. Its a show for toddlers.

Why is it that when people bring up gay representation on TV they immediately think about sex? Just because the characters are gay doesn’t mean sex is being pushed on kids. It’s not like they have the two giving each other blowskis in front of Oscar’s trash can. Kermit and Miss Piggy are more sexualized than Bert and Ernie.

Nothing guilty about it. Why are we discussing sexual orientation so young? Why can’t kids just focus on colors, letters and numbers? Everything is all about sex these days. It’s being forced down people’s throats. Leave kids out of it

Back
Top Bottom