***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

this is very hard to watch
smh.gif

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Honestly, one bat is going to do much and the front office knows that. They're not going to give up some prospects for one hitter. So I kind of believe they won't make any major moves. I would like to get Matt Holiday, but only if we could sign him up long term. Renting him for the second half and losing prospects isn't a good idea. Especially because one player won't do much for this offense. There's a lot of holes in this line up and now that they're cold its showing big time. If when they're all hot a true Giants fan knew we still needed hitting. I bet all those people saying we needed a bat are know singing a different tune. We need another outfielder, a 1B, and a 2nd basemen IMO.
Do you see us adding 2-3 bats in the offseason? Because I don't.

Cain is a damn stud. 8 k's through 5.

And without Kung-Fu panda (and obviously Freak and Cain) , you guys would be terrible.

2-3 bats. I'm not talking about adding all stars, but anyone would be better than who we got now?

4-1 lead! They need to save some runs for Atlanta.
laugh.gif

Assuming that the Giants hold on to the win, Cain will be 11-2 with a 2.35 ERA and a 1.2 WHIP.

But as for the Giants going out and getting 2 bets, I doubt it.

And let me ask you Giant fans this question: Why does Wilson always throw up gang signs when he gets a save?

Well, I still think a legit power hitter would help this lineup a lot. However, a deal for one seems unlikely. If we could get Freddy Sanchez for some marginalprospects, I'd still do it even though he wouldn't have a significant impact this season. He has a team option for next season and it's just onemore hole we wouldn't have to address in the offseason. Although, the possibility of that deal seems slimmer and slimmer.

JoRDaN201 wrote:
And let me ask you Giant fans this question: Why does Wilson always throw up gang signs when he gets a save?
He says the sign is for his religion and to pay respects to his Dad (who passed away).

We need a true lead off man and a true clean up man. Bengie batting 5th and Rowand 6th would do wonders for this team I think.

I think it's gonna be easier for you guys to get a bat now that players see that you're a borderline playoff team that needs a bat.

You guys have the pitching, no doubt.

And religion? LOL. what religion throws up them signs?

Back
Top Bottom