***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Missed the game today, but looks like the Giants played really well. I see Sanchez did well in his first game. Also glad Rowand is back because it would suckto have him injured after being back only a couple of games.

Originally Posted by chr1scross

Do you guys think Garko will pick it up? Dudes canned.
sick.gif

I mean what is he now 2 for 17? So pick it up? Yes. It would be hard not to. Do well enough to warrant all the love for him on NT, the radio and the generalconsensus of Giants fans? Absolutely not. Ishikawa's defense is light years better than his, and so far, his hitting resembles Bowkers.

Great series for the Giants, no thanks to Garko. 3 wins against the Phillies far exceeded my expectations.

*waits for the give it time argument*

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Monday, August 3[/td] [td][img]http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/schedule/icon_ticket.gif[/img] Minute Maid Park | 7:05 PM CT[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]Matt Cain, RHP (12-2, 2.12)
Giants (58-47)[/td] [td] @ [/td] [td] [/td] [td]Mike Hampton, LHP (6-8, 5.36)
Astros (52-53)[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Scouting Report:
Giants: Cain is certainly setting the pace for his fellow National League Cy Young Award candidates, teammate Tim Lincecum among them. Wednesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, Cain allowed just three hits and whiffed four over nine innings of work but received a no-decision in the Giants' extra-inning victory. The right-hander has received 5.15 runs of support per game, the most among San Francisco's starters. He finished July with a 3-0 record and 1.23 ERA. In his lone start against the Houston Astros in 2008, Cain pitched eight innings and won.
Astros: Four of Hampton's six wins this year have come against the Pirates. He was rocked for eight hits and a season-high nine runs in his previous start Wednesday in Chicago, losing to the Cubs for the first time since 2000. He's 15-4 with a 3.59 ERA in 26 career appearances (23 starts) against the Giants.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] Tuesday, August 4[/td] [td][img]http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/schedule/icon_ticket.gif[/img] Minute Maid Park | 7:05 PM CT[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]Jonathan Sanchez, LHP (4-9, 4.81)
Giants (58-47)[/td] [td] @ [/td] [td] [/td] [td]To be announced
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Scouting Report:
Giants: Staked to a seven-run lead Thursday against the Philadelphia Phillies, Jonathan Sanchez yielded two runs on three hits over 5 2/3 frames. He lacked control at times, walking three. The lefty has issued at least three free passes in 13 of 17 starts this season. Sanchez finished the month with a 2-1 record and 3.25 ERA; that included his July 10 no-hitter. In his last appearance against the Houston Astros on July 3, Sanchez pitched two scoreless innings of relief.

[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] Wednesday, August 5[/td] [td][img]http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/schedule/icon_ticket.gif[/img] Minute Maid Park | 1:05 PM CT[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]To be announced
Giants (58-47)[/td] [td] @ [/td] [td] [/td] [td]Brian Moehler, RHP (7-6, 4.99)
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Scouting Report:
Giants: This was Ryan Sadowski's slot in the rotation until the Giants optioned the rookie right-hander to Triple-A Fresno on Saturday. Sadowski allowed one run on three hits Friday against the Philadelphia Phillies but left the game after four innings with tightness in his throwing shoulder. He was 0-4 in his previous four outings prior to the demotion. Manager Bruce Bochy was not yet prepared to announce who would make this start against the Houston Astros but confirmed that Joe Martinez and Kevin Pucetas, both pitching well at Triple-A Fresno, were among the candidates.
Astros: Moehler pitched well in his previous start Friday in St. Louis, a game the Astros lost when the bullpen allowed two runs in the eighth. Moehler went 6 2/3 innings and gave up seven hits and two runs, including a homer to Mark DeRosa. That was his seventh quality starts in his past nine outings, lowering his ERA to 4.99. He's 1-1 with an 8.88 ERA in six career games against the Giants.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
I dont see the astros winning with these guys pitching
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

sick.gif

I mean what is he now 2 for 17? So pick it up? Yes. It would be hard not to. Do well enough to warrant all the love for him on NT, the radio and the general consensus of Giants fans? Absolutely not. Ishikawa's defense is light years better than his, and so far, his hitting resembles Bowkers.

Great series for the Giants, no thanks to Garko. 3 wins against the Phillies far exceeded my expectations.

I'll give him time
laugh.gif
. He's switching leagues with new pitchers he has to get accustomed to. In Garko's defense, his most favorablematchup was against Blanton (a long time AL guy who he hits .357 off of) and Bochy sits him
eyes.gif
. I think if Garko was in the lineup against Blanton, andif he were to get a couple of hits off him, it would have settled him down a bit. The pressure's on him to hit. He knows it because that's what theGiants acquired him for. The longer he goes without a good game with the bat, the more pressure will be on his shoulders.

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt right now, but if Garko doesn't pick it up relatively soon, I'll lose hope, too.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Monday, August 3[/td] [td][img]http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/schedule/icon_ticket.gif[/img] Minute Maid Park | 7:05 PM CT[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]Matt Cain, RHP (12-2, 2.12)
Giants (58-47)[/td] [td]@[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Mike Hampton, LHP (6-8, 5.36)
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Scouting Report:
Giants: Cain is certainly setting the pace for his fellow National League Cy Young Award candidates, teammate Tim Lincecum among them. Wednesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, Cain allowed just three hits and whiffed four over nine innings of work but received a no-decision in the Giants' extra-inning victory. The right-hander has received 5.15 runs of support per game, the most among San Francisco's starters. He finished July with a 3-0 record and 1.23 ERA. In his lone start against the Houston Astros in 2008, Cain pitched eight innings and won.
Astros: Four of Hampton's six wins this year have come against the Pirates. He was rocked for eight hits and a season-high nine runs in his previous start Wednesday in Chicago, losing to the Cubs for the first time since 2000. He's 15-4 with a 3.59 ERA in 26 career appearances (23 starts) against the Giants.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Tuesday, August 4[/td] [td][img]http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/schedule/icon_ticket.gif[/img] Minute Maid Park | 7:05 PM CT[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]Jonathan Sanchez, LHP (4-9, 4.81)
Giants (58-47)[/td] [td]@[/td] [td] [/td] [td]To be announced
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Scouting Report:
Giants: Staked to a seven-run lead Thursday against the Philadelphia Phillies, Jonathan Sanchez yielded two runs on three hits over 5 2/3 frames. He lacked control at times, walking three. The lefty has issued at least three free passes in 13 of 17 starts this season. Sanchez finished the month with a 2-1 record and 3.25 ERA; that included his July 10 no-hitter. In his last appearance against the Houston Astros on July 3, Sanchez pitched two scoreless innings of relief.

[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
trans.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Wednesday, August 5[/td] [td][img]http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/schedule/icon_ticket.gif[/img] Minute Maid Park | 1:05 PM CT[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]To be announced
Giants (58-47)[/td] [td]@[/td] [td] [/td] [td]Brian Moehler, RHP (7-6, 4.99)
probables_divider.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Scouting Report:
Giants: This was Ryan Sadowski's slot in the rotation until the Giants optioned the rookie right-hander to Triple-A Fresno on Saturday. Sadowski allowed one run on three hits Friday against the Philadelphia Phillies but left the game after four innings with tightness in his throwing shoulder. He was 0-4 in his previous four outings prior to the demotion. Manager Bruce Bochy was not yet prepared to announce who would make this start against the Houston Astros but confirmed that Joe Martinez and Kevin Pucetas, both pitching well at Triple-A Fresno, were among the candidates.
Astros: Moehler pitched well in his previous start Friday in St. Louis, a game the Astros lost when the bullpen allowed two runs in the eighth. Moehler went 6 2/3 innings and gave up seven hits and two runs, including a homer to Mark DeRosa. That was his seventh quality starts in his past nine outings, lowering his ERA to 4.99. He's 1-1 with an 8.88 ERA in six career games against the Giants.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
I dont see the astros winning with these guys pitching
laugh.gif

Eh, Giants haven't proven they can win on the road no matter who we have pitching. Astros can hit and in that park it's going to be tough to win.Should be a good series.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

sick.gif

I mean what is he now 2 for 17? So pick it up? Yes. It would be hard not to. Do well enough to warrant all the love for him on NT, the radio and the general consensus of Giants fans? Absolutely not. Ishikawa's defense is light years better than his, and so far, his hitting resembles Bowkers.

I'll give him time
laugh.gif
. He's switching leagues with new pitchers he has to get accustomed to. In Garko's defense, his most favorable matchup was against Blanton (a long time AL guy who he hits .357 off of) and Bochy sits him
eyes.gif
. I think if Garko was in the lineup against Blanton, and if he were to get a couple of hits off him, it would have settled him down a bit. The pressure's on him to hit. He knows it because that's what the Giants acquired him for. The longer he goes without a good game with the bat, the more pressure will be on his shoulders.

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt right now, but if Garko doesn't pick it up relatively soon, I'll lose hope, too.
ohwell.gif
Garko's just lucky that the Giants also traded for Sanchez. Otherwise all the attention would be on him and the heat would really be on.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

sick.gif

I'll give him time
laugh.gif
. He's switching leagues with new pitchers he has to get accustomed to. In Garko's defense, his most favorable matchup was against Blanton (a long time AL guy who he hits .357 off of) and Bochy sits him
eyes.gif
. I think if Garko was in the lineup against Blanton, and if he were to get a couple of hits off him, it would have settled him down a bit. The pressure's on him to hit. He knows it because that's what the Giants acquired him for. The longer he goes without a good game with the bat, the more pressure will be on his shoulders.

ohwell.gif
Garko's just lucky that the Giants also traded for Sanchez. Otherwise all the attention would be on him and the heat would really be on.
It also doesn't hurt that the Giants are coming off a 6-1 homestand.
laugh.gif

But like I said, if Garko doesn't start picking it up, then the crowd will become restless.

Back
Top Bottom