***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Originally Posted by UsedToBeCool

Originally Posted by dland24

I love how everyone is against Garko now.
laugh.gif
I tried to hold out hope that he was just in a slump, but yeah - time to throw in the towel on that one.

This was the best game I've been to all year. I don't remember the last game I went to with as much on the line as this one had. I was just glad thatwe came back from behind to steal it away from Colorado and get revenge from last weekend.
10e09zr.jpg

How is it possible that me and my brother went to both games where Renteria has hit a grand slam?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

You guys need to go to more games then. You know, for the good of the team.
With school being back and all, I thought this might have been my last game of the year, but after today, that idea has been thrown out thewindow.
laugh.gif

I also got me a ticket voucher from my friend where I get a free ticket to any Giants game, so I'll use it. All I need to do now is figure out which gameto go to now.

There was a move in the 6th where we had the runners on base (I can't remember there were 2 on or if the bases were loaded), but anyway, the Rockies putFranklin Morales in the game, a lefty. We had Nate Schierholtz coming up to bat. It's well documented that Nate is hitting .410 against left handedpitching. Bochy elected to pull Nate back and go with Bengie Molina. I'm sorry, but I did not like that move. Not only did we lose Nate in a situationwhich would favor him, but we lose a really good defensive outfielder and replace him with Fred effing Lewis.

Looking at the stats a little bit more, I see that Bengie's hitting .167 off Morales. What the hell is that Bochy?! Yes we won the game and maybe I'mnitpicking a bit, but at that time at the stadium, I was furious.

Ok, enough of what drove me crazy during the game... this game was freakin' awesome! I don't think I've been to any game that was as exciting andwith more on the line than this one today. What timely hitting from Renteria, Rohlinger, and crew. I got my Randy Johnson bobble head. I'm good!
10e09zr.gif

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

This was the best game I've been to all year. I don't remember the last game I went to with as much on the line as this one had. I was just glad that we came back from behind to steal it away from Colorado and get revenge from last weekend.
10e09zr.jpg

How is it possible that me and my brother went to both games where Renteria has hit a grand slam?
eek.gif
Hell yeah! Best game of the year that I've been to, hands down.

I can't believe we've seen 2 Renteria grand slams -- one versus San Diego and the one today versus Colorado. Funny stuff right there.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

You guys need to go to more games then. You know, for the good of the team.
Pay for my ticket and I'll be there. I'll take care of parking.
laugh.gif

At the game, behind our row, there were about five idiots behind us. One of them was a chick that would tap me on the shoulder asking me, "Who's thatlittle guy with the big hair?" and "Who's the Panda?" I know it doesn't sound that bad, but she would say a few other things that were,well, kind of dumb.

So anyway, one of the guys in the row in front of me was ragging on a Rockies fan who happens to be a Standford fan also. He didn't go over the line oranything. It wasn't even that bad. And the one chick behind me had the nerve to throw sunflower seeds at the dude ahead of me and me? What the hell wasthat?! She was saying something about free speech and some BS. I don't even know what the hell she was talking about. She didn't even make sense. Shewas drunk and her words were slurry. I wanted to slap her in the face. Stupid, ignorant, drunk dumb
15nahys.gif
behind me.

Another thing about that chick was that she was complaining about how she had to leave the stadium to smoke. Get real dumb
15nahys.gif
, like they'll let you smoke in a sporting venue. I swear, I hate people that think smoking doesn'taffect the people around them.
smh.gif

After the 8th, there were hella people leaving. That
15nahys.gif
pissed me off, too. Would it kill you to staythe whole game? Especially against the Rockies 2-3-4 hitters. Anything can happen. The game isn't over yet people.

Stupid people suck!

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

At the game, behind our row, there were about five idiots behind us. One of them was a chick that would tap me on the shoulder asking me, "Who's that little guy with the big hair?" and "Who's the Panda?" I know it doesn't sound that bad, but she would say a few other things that were, well, kind of dumb.

So anyway, one of the guys in the row in front of me was ragging on a Rockies fan who happens to be a Standford fan also. He didn't go over the line or anything. It wasn't even that bad. And the one chick behind me had the nerve to throw sunflower seeds at the dude ahead of me and me? What the hell was that?! She was saying something about free speech and some BS. I don't even know what the hell she was talking about. She didn't even make sense. She was drunk and her words were slurry. I wanted to slap her in the face. Stupid, ignorant, drunk dumb
15nahys.gif
behind me.

Another thing about that chick was that she was complaining about how she had to leave the stadium to smoke. Get real dumb
15nahys.gif
, like they'll let you smoke in a sporting venue. I swear, I hate people that think smoking doesn't affect the people around them.
smh.gif

15nahys.gif
pissed me off, too. Would it kill you to stay the whole game? Especially against the Rockies 2-3-4 hitters. Anything can happen. The game isn't over yet people.

Stupid people suck!
damn you seem mad that we won
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

At the game, behind our row, there were about five idiots behind us. One of them was a chick that would tap me on the shoulder asking me, "Who's that little guy with the big hair?" and "Who's the Panda?" I know it doesn't sound that bad, but she would say a few other things that were, well, kind of dumb.

So anyway, one of the guys in the row in front of me was ragging on a Rockies fan who happens to be a Standford fan also. He didn't go over the line or anything. It wasn't even that bad. And the one chick behind me had the nerve to throw sunflower seeds at the dude ahead of me and me? What the hell was that?! She was saying something about free speech and some BS. I don't even know what the hell she was talking about. She didn't even make sense. She was drunk and her words were slurry. I wanted to slap her in the face. Stupid, ignorant, drunk dumb
15nahys.gif
behind me.

15nahys.gif
, like they'll let you smoke in a sporting venue. I swear, I hate people that think smoking doesn't affect the people around them.
smh.gif

15nahys.gif
pissed me off, too. Would it kill you to stay the whole game? Especially against the Rockies 2-3-4 hitters. Anything can happen. The game isn't over yet people.

Stupid people suck!
damn you seem mad that we won
laugh.gif
I'm not mad that we won, This rant had nothing to do with the actual game that was being played on the field. I'm mad at stupid people.

There was a move in the 6th where we had the runners on base (I can't remember there were 2 on or if the bases were loaded), but anyway, the Rockies put Franklin Morales in the game, a lefty. We had Nate Schierholtz coming up to bat. It's well documented that Nate is hitting .410 against left handed pitching. Bochy elected to pull Nate back and go with Bengie Molina. I'm sorry, but I did not like that move. Not only did we lose Nate in a situation which would favor him, but we lose a really good defensive outfielder and replace him with Fred effing Lewis.

Looking at the stats a little bit more, I see that Bengie's hitting .167 off Morales. What the hell is that Bochy?! Yes we won the game and maybe I'm nitpicking a bit, but at that time at the stadium, I was furious.

I was pissed inside the stadium too. The move made zero sense to me. It seems like game after game after game Bochy makes a stupid decision that the averagefan questions. I just dont get it. Im glad we won, but with Boch pinch hitting Molina and striking out, and then Pablo striking out, I was convinced wewouldnt.

15nahys.gif
behind me.

15nahys.gif
smh.gif

15nahys.gif

Stupid people suck!
That lady was a complete
15nahys.gif
to us. I heard her say "Leave them alone. They're notdoing anything. Let them be." but what does she do later? She throws seeds at you guys. I'm like
15nahys.gif
?!? Being an ignorant
15nahys.gif
and leaving before the ninth just wanting to have a smoke.

15nahys.gif
behind me.

15nahys.gif
smh.gif

15nahys.gif

Stupid people suck!

I feel your pain, every time i'm at the ballpark

Apparently the Giants are the favorites to sign Brad Penny.

Also, Krukow said on KNBR that Lincecum will be given another day of rest so somebody is going to need to take the start for the last game in Philly.

Yup, I was listening to Murph and Mac in the morning and Krukow said that because Lincecum threw 127 pitches last game, he's going to be given an extra dayof rest.

15nahys.gif
behind me.

15nahys.gif
smh.gif

15nahys.gif

Stupid people suck!

I think this happens at every ball park.

Sad to say, but Dodger "Fans" are amongst the worse
laugh.gif

It's official. Penny to the Giants.

[h1]Giants To Sign Brad Penny[/h1]
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [August 31 at 2:17pm CST]

The Giants will sign Brad Penny, according to Jon Heyman of SI.com.They'll pay him only the pro-rated portion of the MLB minimum salary, which is only about $75k at this point.

The Giants now have a formindable rotation. Penny, Barry Zito and Jonathan Sanchez join Tim Lincecum andMatt Cain to form arguably the best rotation in baseball. The Giants, who are tied for the NL Wild Card lead, expect RandyJohnson to return as a reliever sometime in September.

Yeah, drunk people who want to leave early are at every ballgame, but I needed to vent.
laugh.gif
You know what, they are taking the loss because they are spending $35-40 each, to get drunk at a ball park, with only 3 beers
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom