***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

What is your fascination with Matt Cain's record against the Dodgers?

Which one of our starters excells against Los Angeles?

How much run support have the Giants given Cain in his starters against the Dodgers?

Maybe I'm missing your point because your post is one giant run-on sentence.

Originally Posted by BDavis5

Originally Posted by LB510

Originally Posted by Andrew630

brad penny *sigh*

eyes.gif
Really he can't have a bad game?
he can't in september during this playoff push. we need every game.
exactly.

Originally Posted by What up

What is your fascination with Matt Cain's record against the Dodgers?
Nothing. it seen like people expect the same things form Timmy, Cain and Zito as they do Sanchez and Penny. Was he shelled today yes but if youlook at is stats from 5 or so starts he has had I think we have found not only a picther whos wants to be here this season but someone that we can look to tobring back next year.
laugh.gif
it seems like people want greatness everytime wethrow a stater out there. Going for the sweep tomorrow would have been great but I think is fare to say weren't going to keep up the offensive outburst.

I understand the "what have you done for me lately attitude" but just looking at his numbers I can't help but think about a possilbe full seasonnext year witch it more than I can say for a whole bunch of picthers and position players on this team
tired.gif

[table][tr][td]DATE[/td] [td]OPP[/td] [td]RESULT[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]ER[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]SO[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]FB[/td] [td]TBF[/td] [td]#Pit[/td] [td]Dec.[/td] [td]Rel.[/td] [td]ERA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09/19[/td] [td]@LAD[/td] [td]L 1-12[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]L(3-1)[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]4.01[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09/13[/td] [td]LAD[/td] [td]W 7-2[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]92[/td] [td]W(3-0)[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]1.64[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09/07[/td] [td]SD[/td] [td]W 9-4[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]103[/td] [td]W(2-0)[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]1.20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09/02[/td] [td]@PHI[/td] [td]W 4-0[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]102[/td] [td]W(1-0)[/td] [td]--[/td] [td]0.00[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Giants' next victory will be their 81st, ensuring them at least a .500 finish. That's something they haven't done since 2004. Their four consecutive losing seasons was their darkest period since they had four losing campaigns from 1974-77.

Considering that Bill Neukom's stated goal was to reach .500, does that mean GM Brian Sabean and Manager Bruce Bochy have done enough to earn extensions?

Well, Neukom has pledged for almost a year that he'll make his evaluations after the season. He admires both men, but he hasn't thrown them any hints. And he reiterated his timeline on KNBR the other day.

"We will continue to collect information, and frankly, how we finish this season, finishing strong, is significant," Neukom told the station. "It's not controlling, but it's a pretty important data point, don't you think? We want these last 16 games to be part of the data in assessing where we can go."

Neukom said he'd evaluate Sabean on the basis of "where we think he can take is. It's going to be a somewhat complicated formula. It will have qualitative and quantitative aspects to it."

While we can't be sure, all signs seemingly point to an extension for Sabean, and considering he has enjoyed a very good working relationship with Bochy, the assumption is that the GM would have the power to re-up his field boss.

At least it won't be a drawn-out decision, Neukom said.

"We'll turn to that just as soon as we stop playing baseball," he said. "I hope that's not for weeks and weeks, but as soon as the season is over, that will be at the top of the to-do list."

Bob Brenly and Tony Larussa are the two names I keep hearing it seems like Brenly's name come has up ever since Dusty left
laugh.gif

I think Bochy deserves it. Great gob with them bullpen. Lineup
grin.gif
we havehad a lot of different ones some have worked better than others.

However I dont know Larusssa's contract/situation to well but how could the Giants say no if both sides were interested.

Argument several posts above didn't make sense to me. How was Matt Cain's name thrown in there?
laugh.gif

Brad Penny giving up 7 runs in 2.2 innings.
sick.gif

Steps to a successful 2010 season.......
1. Replace Bochy.

2. Replace Lansford.

3. Replace Sabean.

4. Get a real offense in here.

Its been a fun/frustrating season guys. Try to enjoy the rest of the way with your minds at ease.

I'd replace Bochy with dland, himself.
laugh.gif

At least he has an idea of who to start and who not to. He also has experience with the high school team he coaches. His track record is unmatched.
pimp.gif

did you guys see this?

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic(AP)-A Dominican baseball prospect for the San Francisco Giants is the main suspect in the killing of a 25-year-old man, police said Sunday.

Angel Villalona turned himself in 12 hours after the man was shot at a bar in the southern coastal city of La Romana, Coronel Adrian Urbaez told The Associated Press.

uh oh.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

did you guys see this?

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic(AP)-A Dominican baseball prospect for the San Francisco Giants is the main suspect in the killing of a 25-year-old man, police said Sunday.

Angel Villalona turned himself in 12 hours after the man was shot at a bar in the southern coastal city of La Romana, Coronel Adrian Urbaez told The Associated Press.

uh oh.
Damn, not good at all.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

did you guys see this?

uh oh.
wow, dude will never play in the league at all, bum

laugh.gif

Everytime I tune in, a Giants player is making the 3rd out of a 1-2-3 inning.

Pathetic. I'm done with the 2009 season.

Back
Top Bottom