***SF Giants 2009 Season Thread (88-74)***

Originally Posted by dland24

We are the only lineup in the Major Leagues that doesnt have one exceptional hitter.
Thats a bit of a reach but yea we need a bat

Jonathan Sanchez- Need to be traded before he has negitive trade value
mad.gif

Originally Posted by LB510

We are the only lineup in the Major Leagues that doesnt have one exceptional hitter.

Jonathan Sanchez- Need to be traded before he has negitive trade value
mad.gif

Too late...

Is it a reach? Go through every line up in your head real quick. I think the Royals and the Giants are the only ones who have zero exceptional hitters on theirroster. I dont think its much of a reach at all.

You're right, but the good thing is we're over .500 with no consistant bat in our line-up, so once we get a few hitters, I see good thingshappening.
grin.gif

That's not a reach at all. I agree with dland24 on his statement. Yes we need a bat, but truth is, we need more than one batter to be addedonto this roster.

^Which is exactly why I cringe when I hear rumors like we are going to get Nick Johnson.....really? Nick Johnson? Really?

Yeah I feel you on that. The best part about Johnson is that dude is super cheap.

On another note, Barry Zito is officially this years Matt Cain, receiving the lowest run support of any pitcher in the league at 2.15 runs per game

lowest runs scored, but also the lowest runs allowed in the NL West

^Which is exactly why I cringe when I hear rumors like we are going to get Nick Johnson.....really? Nick Johnson? Really?
BN checking in.

IMO, Pablo and Bengie seem like solid hitters. Although, Ishikawa is a above average defensive first basemen, he really gives you guys nothing with the bat.

Nick Johnson is an underrated hitter, the thing with him is he always gets injured.

IMO, Pablo and Bengie seem like solid hitters. Although, Ishikawa is a above average defensive first basemen, he really gives you guys nothing with the bat.
I usually think so too, but I see these guys more as OK hitters on a below average hitting team. I swear i've never seen to many runs scoredon fielder choice and infield hits

Off the top of my head.

Braves,
Pirates,
Indians,
Reds,
Arizona, Upton will be great but hes not yet. You could probally add the A's to I dont the Holiday will be there to much longer.

Ok yea Upton is a beast. Chipper great? Hmmmm no. Yea the Red have some good yong players but great atleast no yet

Originally Posted by vctry20

I usually think so too, but I see these guys more as OK hitters on a below average hitting team. I swear i've never seen to many runs scored on fielder choice and infield hits

Cosign. Pablo and Bengie are pretty good hitters yes. But they are not standout hitters IMO. They look great by comparison.

And Bright.....I think its time for a return to a Niner sig and avy.
laugh.gif

Add the White Sox and the Blue Jays althought Rio's is good hes not great. Jim thome and Scott Rollen aren't great.

No you can not add the White Sox (Konerko, Dye & Quentin >>> Our hitters)

No you can not add the Blue Jays (Wells, Rios, Lind, Overbay & Hill >>> Our hitters)

You dont think there are standout hitters in that group? I do.

Ok yea Upton is a beast. Chipper great? Hmmmm no. Yea the Red have some good yong players but great atleast no yet
the question at hand are exceptional hitters. So yes, chipper is one.

I guess it all depends on "exceptional" since it's subjective, but all those players I named > any hitter on the Giants

Off the top of my head.

Braves,
Pirates,
Indians,
Reds,
Arizona, Upton will be great but hes not yet. You could probally add the A's to I dont the Holiday will be there to much longer.

Yeah bro, Im sorry. I guess it depends on your definition of exceptional, but I would disagree with every single team you listed other than the Pirates. Andtwo days ago, I would have said you were wrong. Come on bro....really? These hitters arent exceptional?
Brian McCann
Nate McLouth
Chipper Jones
Victor Martinez
Grady Sizemore
Jay Bruce
Joey Votto
Brandon Phillips
Mark Reynolds
Justin Upton

Disagree with some if you want, but the bottom line is any one of these players would make a bigger impact in a lineup than ANYONE currently in the Giantslineup. They are all standout hitters IMO.

Off the top of my head.

Braves,
Pirates,
Indians,
Reds,

Yeah bro, Im sorry. I guess it depends on your definition of exceptional, but I would disagree with every single team you listed other than the Pirates. And two days ago, I would have said you were wrong. Come on bro....really? These hitters arent exceptional?
Brian McCann
Nate McLouth
Chipper Jones
Victor Martinez
Grady Sizemore
Jay Bruce
Joey Votto
Brandon Phillips
Mark Reynolds
Justin Upton

Disagree with some if you want, but the bottom line is any one of these players would make a bigger impact in a lineup than ANYONE currently in the Giants lineup. They are all standout hitters IMO.
Co-sign. I'd love to have any of these players on the Giants. It would be such an upgrade over the players we have now.

Leadoff double wasted. What ever happened to this whole notion of us playing small ball this year?? Wouldnt a bunt from Renteria have made sense? In fact, howmany sac bunts have you seen this year from non pitchers?

Good win. One bad pitch by Timmy. Our offense still sucks so bad. So many squandered opportunities. And for some reason, Renteria seems to be right in themiddle of all of them.

I guess for the Phillies to win, they just had to get a big enough lead so Lidge wouldn't be put in to blow it.

No you can not add the White Sox (Konerko, Dye & Quentin >>> Our hitters)

No you can not add the Blue Jays (Wells, Rios, Lind, Overbay & Hill >>> Our hitters)

You dont think there are standout hitters in that group? I do.

Yes there are. Its pointlees to say "that team"> our hitters I would love to have some of the combos but the NONE of those players are"exceptional"
Now if you want to say our team batting average sucks and our everyday lineup doesnt compare with ours yes your right but don't just throw out the word"exceptional"

Back
Top Bottom