GGGGG MENNNN
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sheeeesh, you guys act like im hella serious. i know the giants are gonna suck, even if they resign him, well at least att park won't be as empty, i tellyou that. (shoulda put a
laugh.gif
on my last post to show that i was messin around)

Ortmeier!!!!!!!!!!!! Walk off hit. Giants win 2 in a row!!! Sanchez pitched great.
pimp.gif

great win!!! Kids came thru tonite....Sanchez pitched great tonite....at least one of our lefties isnt
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by sinser13

Theres always next year
wink.gif
Spoken like a true Dodger fan.

epic lulz.
laugh.gif

Nice trophy case:

Cant have a little fun here with a victory without a Dodger fan coming in here to spoil everything.
smh.gif
tongue.gif
By the way, how was Arizona
laugh.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
j/p all in good fun.
Arizona is really good
smh.gif

The Giants might, and probably will, suck this season.
laugh.gif

But let's get one thing straight here...there's nothing like going to a night game at the ballpark with that perfect SF summer weather
pimp.gif
. You know what i'm talking bout. Being at the ballpark + good food + goodcompany = win win situation.

SAN FRANCISCO -- Giants left fielder Dave Roberts, who admitted that he might need surgery to repair his injured left knee, went on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday.
"I don't think we're 100 percent committed to it, but it's a viable option at this point," Roberts said.

The Giants officially said before their 3-2, 11-inning victory over San Diego that Roberts had inflammation in his left knee. But Roberts said after the game that he had a torn meniscus in his knee and "stuff under my kneecap" that was causing frequent swelling.

Roberts, 35, had endured soreness in the knee since Spring Training. But he was the Giants' Opening Day left fielder and started five of the first seven games, hitting .118 (2-for-17) with one RBI.

There had been no overt hints that Roberts would go on the disabled list, although manager Bruce Bochy recently referred to the need to rest him periodically to relieve stress on his knee.

Roberts revealed that he had received "multiple cortisone shots" and anti-inflammatory treatments, besides periodic rests, in efforts to improve his knee. He indicated that he might seek a second medical opinion before resorting to surgery.

"We want this thing to clear up," Bochy said. "It's early [in the season] and he was getting some swelling on that knee after every game. His game is his legs and he wasn't able to use them like he normally does."

Roberts became the fifth Giant to go on the disabled list, joining shortstop Omar Vizquel, left-hander Noah Lowry, right-hander Vinnie Chulk and infielder Kevin Frandsen.

To replace Roberts on the active roster, the Giants recalled outfielder Clay Timpner from Triple-A Fresno. He made his Major League debut Tuesday against the Padres, playing the final two innings in left field and striking out in his lone at-bat.

Timpner, 24, is beginning his fifth professional season with the Giants, who selected him in the fourth round of the 2004 First-Year Player Draft. He hit .083 in Spring Training (1-for-12) but was batting .250 (5-for-20) with six RBIs in four games for Fresno while playing center field. Last year with Fresno, Timpner hit a career-high .301 with six homers and 39 RBIs in 109 games.

No disrespect to Roberts, he seems to be a stand up guy, but there wasn't really much reason for him to be playing anyways. Plus, he could beout even longer giving more playing time to Raj Davis and Fred Lewis.

No one caught last night's game? I was trying to listen on the radio while watching the Sharks, but it seems like we had a solid outing against a streakingCards team. I really thought Wainwright was gonna shut us down (not saying much, I know) and they were gonna light up Correia, but it was pretty much the exactopposite. Anyways, the win streak has been nice as I doubt we'll see too many of them as the season goes on. I just hope Sanchez and Correia continue topitch well and Lewis continues to take advantage of the extra playing time. Oh yeah Zito tonight, so not expecting much...

The pitching has been good the past couple of games. Hopefully Zito doesn't mess up

Well, Zito pitched alright despite giving up the homer to Pujols. Rowand and Molina didn't play so our mediocre lineup was even more cripled than usual.Although, we could have put a few more runs up if not for getting thrown out at home twice in the 4th. On top of that there was the Durham error (why is heeven playing?) that extended the inning for the Pujols blast. Oh well, hopefully Cain can get on track tommorrow.

^ Is there bad blood between Zito and Milano? Pretty much an added incentive for Zito to sign with the Giants
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
. I mean, besides the $126 mil
laugh.gif

How did your team go from having a no-hitter (with Matt Cain homering!) to losing the game against STL?
smh.gif

Originally Posted by briannnnn

How did your team go from having a no-hitter (with Matt Cain homering!) to losing the game against STL?
smh.gif

Simple... Our bullpen sucks. Our offense sucks. Our only strength is our starting pitching. I thought it'd be common sense by now.

Back
Top Bottom