Shaq autobiography has landed

Originally Posted by jthagreat

I hope theres more to be released. very interesting.
Yeah, I hope they release a book full of these stories.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Pmatic, If you dont think the fact that Brian isnt scared and isnt going to coddle Kobe didnt factor into that decision your losing it.
but no dad or mom, no teammates, who attended Kobe's wedding?

Actually it was Jim Buss who didnt want B.Shaw despite Kobe & Fisher lobying hard for him. Jim Buss doesnt want anything to do with Phil Jackson. the triangle or any of his assistant coaches (except Chuck Person who has ties with Mike Brown). Shaw wasnt even interviewed much less even contacted by Lakers management to tell him either yes or no regarding the job. Its all Jim Buss first then Jerry Buss making the decisions at this point.

Also Im sure Shaq will not tell about all the stuff Deadspin.com and other writers have pulled up about him:
http://deadspin.com/5842530/a-handy-timeline-guide-to-the-ongoing-hack+a+shY-ªsaga

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Originally Posted by laker4lifeman

Yeah. What chant?
During the 98 playoff series against the Jazz in which the Lakers were again getting beaten down, during a huddle in practice instead of chanting something like "1-2-3 team" to break the huddle, Van Exel said "Cancun" meaning he was ready for vacation. So Shaq goes and tells Jerry West and Nick is traded that summer. His next target was Eddie Jones by telling the press he wanted a 3pt shooter instead of someone taking Rex Chapman fallaways. 
eek.gif
 strong ratio.

Shaq also had some influence on bringing people to the Lakers, not just getting rid of them.  I think it was in the 98-99 season when he was running around talking about, "I need a thug in my life," and shortly after that the Lakers signed Rodman.  I think was also pretty involved in recruting Malone and Payton to sign in LA before the 03-04 season. 

Originally Posted by Nermindee

ego messed up one of the greatest tandems ever... both of them were childish...

damn what if they actually worked it out and put all the nonsense aside? 6 or 7 championships IMO

i been a laker fan since the early 90's and to be honest with you i don't know about all that.

in the 2002 offseason, the spurs, and even the kings made moves with the sole intent of dethroning the lakers.    the lakers countered this by signing tracy murray and drafting kareem rush.  even if shaq didn't miss those games early in the season i don't think they win in 02-03.  the spurs were a legit legit opponent and a great champion in their own right. perhaps they meet in the conference finals instead of the 2nd round but i think san antonio takes it that year regardless.  aside from the fact they made some very solid moves, the fatiuge factor for the lakers would've set in too.  playing til mid june every year and going through all those grueling series.

03-04, if both shaq and kobe put the stupid b.s aside and didn't let egos get in the way, i would like to believe they beat the pistons but like the case of the 03 spurs, the 04 pistons weren't a bunch of slouches either and they proved that by being a dumb rasheed wallace mistake away from possibly going back to back. i think a focused laker team wins the title that year, but lets no forget they were a derek fisher 0.4 miracle shot away from having to play a game 7 in the 2nd round in san antonio instead of winning that series in 6.

04-05,  this is where a motivated shaq played a big role in the heat going to game 7 of the conference finals and having a great season.  had they won the title in 04 and shaq came back and both him and kobe put egos aside who knows what happens. being realistic though, there was good competition in the form of the pistons in the east, the spurs in the west, and to a lesser extent the resurgent suns and mavs this season so there's no guarantee the lakers win this season with shaq and kobe 100% focused and no egos in the way.

also guys like rick fox retired, horry went to the spurs, the question of what role players take their place and how they step in and fulfill that role comes into question as well.

05-06 is when shaq started to gradually decline to me even though the heat on the title that year and from then on out the rest of the way it was downhill for him.  which is understandable considering 05-06 was his 14th season and he was 33 years old by then with alot of wear and tear on him.

had shaq stayed i think the lakers window of oppurtunity with a kobe shaq core would've been up until the 05-06 season had both of them put egos and everything else aside.

that said everything worked out best the way it did though.  shaq showed how valuable he was and went to another team and played a huge role in them winning a title within 2 years of him arriving there,  the lakers got to rebuild and while 05-07 seemed like dark ages by laker fan standards, they were playing in june within 4 years of the trade and winning titles within 5, where had they kept the two of them together they probably wouldn't start rebuilding until around 07 or so.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

laugh.gif
roll.gif

yea ya got me..

i meant like i hope they saving more of the good stuff for when the book releases...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

damn what if they actually worked it out and put all the nonsense aside? 6 or 7 championships IMO

i been a laker fan since the early 90's and to be honest with you i don't know about all that.

in the 2002 offseason, the spurs, and even the kings made moves with the sole intent of dethroning the lakers.    the lakers countered this by signing tracy murray and drafting kareem rush.  even if shaq didn't miss those games early in the season i don't think they win in 02-03.  the spurs were a legit legit opponent and a great champion in their own right. perhaps they meet in the conference finals instead of the 2nd round but i think san antonio takes it that year regardless.  aside from the fact they made some very solid moves, the fatiuge factor for the lakers would've set in too.  playing til mid june every year and going through all those grueling series.

03-04, if both shaq and kobe put the stupid b.s aside and didn't let egos get in the way, i would like to believe they beat the pistons but like the case of the 03 spurs, the 04 pistons weren't a bunch of slouches either and they proved that by being a dumb rasheed wallace mistake away from possibly going back to back. i think a focused laker team wins the title that year, but lets no forget they were a derek fisher 0.4 miracle shot away from having to play a game 7 in the 2nd round in san antonio instead of winning that series in 6.

04-05,  this is where a motivated shaq played a big role in the heat going to game 7 of the conference finals and having a great season.  had they won the title in 04 and shaq came back and both him and kobe put egos aside who knows what happens. being realistic though, there was good competition in the form of the pistons in the east, the spurs in the west, and to a lesser extent the resurgent suns and mavs this season so there's no guarantee the lakers win this season with shaq and kobe 100% focused and no egos in the way.

also guys like rick fox retired, horry went to the spurs, the question of what role players take their place and how they step in and fulfill that role comes into question as well.

05-06 is when shaq started to gradually decline to me even though the heat on the title that year and from then on out the rest of the way it was downhill for him.  which is understandable considering 05-06 was his 14th season and he was 33 years old by then with alot of wear and tear on him.

had shaq stayed i think the lakers window of oppurtunity with a kobe shaq core would've been up until the 05-06 season had both of them put egos and everything else aside.

that said everything worked out best the way it did though.  shaq showed how valuable he was and went to another team and played a huge role in them winning a title within 2 years of him arriving there,  the lakers got to rebuild and while 05-07 seemed like dark ages by laker fan standards, they were playing in june within 4 years of the trade and winning titles within 5, where had they kept the two of them together they probably wouldn't start rebuilding until around 07 or so.
did not read, but 
laugh.gif
 at a 15-1 playoff run being considered grueling

For such a happy go lucky guy on camera he sure is a douche. Its like he's hating on the treatment Lebron got, but THAT's THE EXACT SAME THING HE DID WITH THE MAGIC till LA signed him. I see why this guy beefs with his teamates, what an ego! Oh and Dwight Howard? How many HOFers has he played with? And how many has Shaq played with? Penny, Kobe, Nash, Amare, LBJ, KG, Pierce and Ray Ray.....this guy is a clown forreal.

Read comment after the article

...and why is everybody interpreting Kobe wanting to be like Will Smith like its some philosophical analogy smh

when shaqs book in 02 came out he was trying to !$!% on my dude the admiral, sean elliott was calling it a pop-up book
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

did not read, but 
laugh.gif

so you consider going the distance against sacramento in 00 a cakewalk?  7 against portland in 2000 easy and 6 against indy easy,  as well as that sacramento series in 02 where they were pushed to the limit easy?  this is why fellow laker fans sometimes get a bad name on the board. there's a reason why no team has won more then 3 in a row since the 60's celtics and it isn't because of shaqs toe or mike playing baseball in 94

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

did not read, but 
laugh.gif

so you consider going the distance against sacramento in 00 a cakewalk?  7 against portland in 2000 easy and 6 against indy easy,  as well as that sacramento series in 02 where they were pushed to the limit easy?  this is why fellow laker fans sometimes get a bad name on the board. there's a reason why no team has won more then 3 in a row since the 60's celtics and it isn't because of shaqs toe or mike playing baseball in 94

yukud on phone

Originally Posted by Big J 33

roll.gif
at the Will Smith comment
^ Word. That's the same thing I said. Imagine Kobe all wide eyed saying "yeeeeah, I wanna be the Will Smith of Basketball". Technically he failed at it. Remember his wack *@% album when he rapped in Italian? Smh. On a side note, it would be dope if Shaq worked as a bouncer at one of his clubs 
laugh.gif

And to the comment about 15-1 in the playoff not being greuling? You get every playoff team's best from the get go, it's not easy, they were just THAT good that year. I'm not even a Laker fan and I recognize that. Also Rex, that Laker persepective in the playoffs last decade was nicely talked about with perspective. Don't see too many rational Laker fans lol.

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by Big J 33

roll.gif
at the Will Smith comment
^ Word. That's the same thing I said. Imagine Kobe all wide eyed saying "yeeeeah, I wanna be the Will Smith of Basketball". Technically he failed at it. Remember his wack *@% album when he rapped in Italian? Smh. On a side note, it would be dope if Shaq worked as a bouncer at one of his clubs 
laugh.gif

And to the comment about 15-1 in the playoff not being greuling? You get every playoff team's best from the get go, it's not easy, they were just THAT good that year. I'm not even a Laker fan and I recognize that. Also Rex, that Laker persepective in the playoffs last decade was nicely talked about with perspective. Don't see too many rational Laker fans lol.

it's as rational as i could be.   what really ruined things for me is the lack of moves the lakers made in the summer of 2002.  other teams in the west were building their teams with the sole intent of dethroning the lakers while the lakers big offseason acquisition was tracy murray. still 2000-02 was a helluva run.   i still to this day wonder what would've happened had horrys 3 went in at the end of game 5 but the way the spurs played in game 6 of that series kinda quiets those thoughts.

I'm interested in a lot of what went on during the Magic years.

Will pick this up.

Originally Posted by JD617

Welp... the video doesn't support what Shaq was saying about he and Baby.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

The Fresh Sole wrote:
when shaqs book in 02 came out he was trying to !$!% on my dude the admiral, sean elliott was calling it a pop-up book 
laugh.gif

Was that Shaq Talks Back? I think I read that 
laugh.gif
. I remember a story about how he wanted David Robinson to sign an autograph when he was young, but the Admiral rejected him. So he dunked all over him in the 96 All-Star Game (in San Antonio, no less) as payback.
Regardless of how true these stories are, I'll be picking this up.

Back
Top Bottom