Shaq: I compete with Duncan, not Kobe

Deuce King:
At the end of the day it's very debatable that Shaq could have won 3 titles with a 2nd scorer not named Kobe
Agreed.
Deuce King:
Kobe on the other hand damn sure wouldn't have won anything without Shaq playing with him.
Hmmm... not sure about that. I already mentioned before that I think that if you replace Duncan w/ Shaq and everything else remains the same, the Lakers experience just as much success. Hell, maybe more than a 3-peat.
Deuce King:
For all you Kobe lovers out there, without Shaq on the Lakers do you really see that Lakers team beating either the Spurs on the Kings back then??  Not a chance.
Swap Duncan and Shaq on the Lakers and Spurs.

Actually... I don't know. Hell, maybe the Spurs win back-2-back 1 time. D-Rob and Shaq in the post w/ Avery, Elliot, S-Jax, & Pop coaching? Yikes!

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

For 2002, the Lakers and Kings series to me was the NBA Finals since it was given that both teams could beat the Nets in the Finals. And yes, I honestly think T-Mac could have replaced Kobe and the Lakers would still have reached the Nets. As I mentioned already, Doug Christie was able to contain Kobe and T-Mac, but no one on the Kings could do anything against Shaq. LOL @ Scot Pollard getting offensive foul calls against Shaq and getting him in foul trouble. That was the only way to contain Shaq. Kobe was a major contributor during the whole playoff run, but Shaq was the main reason they were so successful. Now in regards to T-Mac, he is one of the few players in the NBA to actually have better numbers in the playoffs than his season average. A "prime" T-Mac is a reasonable replacement for Kobe.

Sidebar, no where did I say he was better than Kobe though. Don't want to offend Kobe fans or start another topic.

people still wanna look past tmac's garbage ++@ defense??? and his career of not being able to get out the first round?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Don't post if you got nothing to contribute. People already hate you like LeBron here on NT.

For 2002, the Lakers and Kings series to me was the NBA Finals since it was given that both teams could beat the Nets in the Finals. And yes, I honestly think T-Mac could have replaced Kobe and the Lakers would still have reached the Nets. As I mentioned already, Doug Christie was able to contain Kobe and T-Mac, but no one on the Kings could do anything against Shaq. LOL @ Scot Pollard getting offensive foul calls against Shaq and getting him in foul trouble. That was the only way to contain Shaq. Kobe was a major contributor during the whole playoff run, but Shaq was the main reason they were so successful. Now in regards to T-Mac, he is one of the few players in the NBA to actually have better numbers in the playoffs than his season average. A "prime" T-Mac is a reasonable replacement for Kobe.

Sidebar, no where did I say he was better than Kobe though. Don't want to offend Kobe fans or start another topic.

people still wanna look past tmac's garbage ++@ defense??? and his career of not being able to get out the first round?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Don't post if you got nothing to contribute. People already hate you like LeBron here on NT.

shaq's not competing with Kobe, Duncan, or anyone anymore besides himself.  He's 10 years past his prime.  He's just hoping he can ride the boston train to one more ring.

the guy can't keep up and he constantly takes plays off.  it's his choice if he wants to go out like that, but he's nothing compared to what he was even 6 years ago in miami.  

shaq's not competing with Kobe, Duncan, or anyone anymore besides himself.  He's 10 years past his prime.  He's just hoping he can ride the boston train to one more ring.

the guy can't keep up and he constantly takes plays off.  it's his choice if he wants to go out like that, but he's nothing compared to what he was even 6 years ago in miami.  

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Either way Kobe should STILL be thanking Shaq for his first 3 rings.
And Shaq should be thanking Kobe that he was on the team. Shaq would not have won those 3 rings by himself.
Yeah sure.........3 Championship Rings and 3 Finals MVP for Shaq during their tenure together but somehow Shaq should be thanking Kobe.  Not to mention Shaq was on the Lakers team before Kobe.  Nice try champ.
Why do people fall for these baits still? It has been almost 8 years now. If people still believe Shaq did ALL of the work and Kobe was just a little piece of the puzzle, let themselves that they believe that. No point of arguing with that man. Obviously they have a personal vendetta against Lil Kobe.
Im late, but i had to quote this.......kudos to you sir.

I was hopin nobody took the bait, deuce is like a broken record.

Ole boy was layin in the weeds like a snake durin the finals....... Hopin the Celtics won, just to try and discredit the Lakers previous chip.....Thats beyond lame!

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Either way Kobe should STILL be thanking Shaq for his first 3 rings.
And Shaq should be thanking Kobe that he was on the team. Shaq would not have won those 3 rings by himself.
Yeah sure.........3 Championship Rings and 3 Finals MVP for Shaq during their tenure together but somehow Shaq should be thanking Kobe.  Not to mention Shaq was on the Lakers team before Kobe.  Nice try champ.
Why do people fall for these baits still? It has been almost 8 years now. If people still believe Shaq did ALL of the work and Kobe was just a little piece of the puzzle, let themselves that they believe that. No point of arguing with that man. Obviously they have a personal vendetta against Lil Kobe.
Im late, but i had to quote this.......kudos to you sir.

I was hopin nobody took the bait, deuce is like a broken record.

Ole boy was layin in the weeds like a snake durin the finals....... Hopin the Celtics won, just to try and discredit the Lakers previous chip.....Thats beyond lame!

snaggykicks:
Hopefully this his last year in the league
Couple years. I heard him say in an interview the other day something like "I know I only have about 720 days left in the league so blah, blah, blah, I'm a funny guy. Laugh at me."

snaggykicks:
Hopefully this his last year in the league
Couple years. I heard him say in an interview the other day something like "I know I only have about 720 days left in the league so blah, blah, blah, I'm a funny guy. Laugh at me."

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

yea you mad...
laugh.gif
couldnt even defend tmacs crappy defense huh? or maybe you were too young to remember and are just talking out your %@@ like tmac aint the second round virgin...

by the way i love the hate so keep it up little man
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

yea you mad...
laugh.gif
couldnt even defend tmacs crappy defense huh? or maybe you were too young to remember and are just talking out your %@@ like tmac aint the second round virgin...

by the way i love the hate so keep it up little man
pimp.gif

Like he said, don't post if you got nothing to contribute.

"What? I didn't even... ... but he... ... "

Stop it before you even start typing it.

Like he said, don't post if you got nothing to contribute.

"What? I didn't even... ... but he... ... "

Stop it before you even start typing it.

Back
Top Bottom