Shaq: I compete with Duncan, not Kobe

^ Scorer? That argument can fly.

Defender? Prove it.

And I dare you to say that the reason I'm asking you is because I'm another Kobe rider.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Doe Or Die 22

LMAO. Kobe fans are THEE worst. T-Mac was a better player than Kobe in the early-2000's. Period.

you again???werent you suspended for saying nasty %+++ about laker fans? will you ever learn?

kobe musta took a dump on ur team huh

LMAO. Kobe fans are THEE worst. T-Mac was a better player than Kobe in the early-2000's. Period.

you again???werent you suspended for saying nasty %+++ about laker fans? will you ever learn?

kobe musta took a dump on ur team huh

Based on previous comments in similar topics, dude is disgusting and basketball knowledge is lack luster.

Based on previous comments in similar topics, dude is disgusting and basketball knowledge is lack luster.

I think its funny when a Finals MVP gets held against a Kobe or Pippen as if they didnt do their parts when Shaq & MJ won theirs. I mean of Kareem's 6 rings, he only was Finals MVP for 2 of those. Does that take away from his legacy? When Worthy won Finals MVP on a clearly Magic led squad, does tarnish all Magic did for that team?
NOW...Im not saying Shaq didnt earn them 3 Finals MVP's. But if not for the play of Kobe and others, then he wouldnt of made it to the Finals. The most dominating wasnt called upon during crunch time. When the game was close, the triangle was abandoned and Shaq was setting a screen for Kobe.

Also while Shaq led them to 3 titles, I would also say his weight and work ethic hurt the Lakers chances of winning more then 3 with him. If he played every season like his monster 1999-2000 season he truly would be up there with Wilt, Kareem & Russell.

I think its funny when a Finals MVP gets held against a Kobe or Pippen as if they didnt do their parts when Shaq & MJ won theirs. I mean of Kareem's 6 rings, he only was Finals MVP for 2 of those. Does that take away from his legacy? When Worthy won Finals MVP on a clearly Magic led squad, does tarnish all Magic did for that team?
NOW...Im not saying Shaq didnt earn them 3 Finals MVP's. But if not for the play of Kobe and others, then he wouldnt of made it to the Finals. The most dominating wasnt called upon during crunch time. When the game was close, the triangle was abandoned and Shaq was setting a screen for Kobe.

Also while Shaq led them to 3 titles, I would also say his weight and work ethic hurt the Lakers chances of winning more then 3 with him. If he played every season like his monster 1999-2000 season he truly would be up there with Wilt, Kareem & Russell.

All i know is that Laker fans try their hardest to defend kobe when it comes to debating against TMAC. lol prolly because he was the threat. deep inside, fans know tmac was better...come on now, if you don't see, you are an idiot...or not smart...low iq or whatever either one
These fans hate TMAC more than anyone in the nba prolly maybe over Lebron lolol

TMAC was natrually more gifted. dude looked like he was born to be a basketball player where kobe was just a hard worker and practiced to be a good player.

did people forget how idiotic Kobe was during his young age? dude was prolly the most immature player, and how selfish was he? LOL.

When it comes to selfish, first thing comes out = kobe

oh yeah his passing was worse than he is right now.. just imagine how bad it was...

All i know is that Laker fans try their hardest to defend kobe when it comes to debating against TMAC. lol prolly because he was the threat. deep inside, fans know tmac was better...come on now, if you don't see, you are an idiot...or not smart...low iq or whatever either one
These fans hate TMAC more than anyone in the nba prolly maybe over Lebron lolol

TMAC was natrually more gifted. dude looked like he was born to be a basketball player where kobe was just a hard worker and practiced to be a good player.

did people forget how idiotic Kobe was during his young age? dude was prolly the most immature player, and how selfish was he? LOL.

When it comes to selfish, first thing comes out = kobe

oh yeah his passing was worse than he is right now.. just imagine how bad it was...

I love how this a Shaq vs. Kobe argument pops up every month.

We all know Shaq was a beast and the main focal point for the lakers offense back in the 2000s. Just appreciate what Kobe has done in his career.

shhh.jpg

I love how this a Shaq vs. Kobe argument pops up every month.

We all know Shaq was a beast and the main focal point for the lakers offense back in the 2000s. Just appreciate what Kobe has done in his career.

shhh.jpg

Uhm people really rewriting history so Kobe was some lock down defender? Seriously.
laugh.gif

His defensive reputation hasn't been deserved since recently, and it still is overrated, he does it less now but back in those days Kobe used to chill on the defensive end,and while being a good on the ball defender when he put his mind to it, he was never very good of the ball. Sure he is a better defender than like Ray Allen but let's not act like he was some premium defensive stopper.

Uhm people really rewriting history so Kobe was some lock down defender? Seriously.
laugh.gif

His defensive reputation hasn't been deserved since recently, and it still is overrated, he does it less now but back in those days Kobe used to chill on the defensive end,and while being a good on the ball defender when he put his mind to it, he was never very good of the ball. Sure he is a better defender than like Ray Allen but let's not act like he was some premium defensive stopper.

saying that the Lakers wouldve still won with another scorer in kobes place is the same thing as saying the bulls wouldve won with another swingman in pippens place. shaq needed kobe like the way mike needed pip.

saying that the Lakers wouldve still won with another scorer in kobes place is the same thing as saying the bulls wouldve won with another swingman in pippens place. shaq needed kobe like the way mike needed pip.

Current Kobe is clouding the vision of some of you who are trying hard to make it seem like #24 is the same as #8.

Take Frobe out of the Lakers organization and put him in a position where he has to produce at the guard position IMMEDIATELY for a franchise that is less than spectacular (like Ray Allen and Allen Iverson had to do in Milwaukee/Philadelphia), and his team would continue to struggle, year after year.

If you can't see the good fortune that has befallen Kobe and the lessons he's learned along the way, I don't know what to tell you. Every guard desperately wants to play with a big; Kobe came into the league with one of the best bigs ever. Every player wants a top tier coach to run the team; Kobe has played nearly his entire career with the GOAT on the sideline. Every player wants to play with a franchise committed to winning; Kobe has played with the best GM/owner franchise in NBA history.

There's nothing wrong with hypothetically asking 'What if...' about comparable players, but if you think there was no player comparable to Frobe, you are out of your mother-lovin' mind.
laugh.gif

And even though y'all are QUICK to list Snaq's faults, I'm not even going to drudge up tired arguments and painful scars for y'all by listing Frobe's faults.

Yet.

Current Kobe is clouding the vision of some of you who are trying hard to make it seem like #24 is the same as #8.

Take Frobe out of the Lakers organization and put him in a position where he has to produce at the guard position IMMEDIATELY for a franchise that is less than spectacular (like Ray Allen and Allen Iverson had to do in Milwaukee/Philadelphia), and his team would continue to struggle, year after year.

If you can't see the good fortune that has befallen Kobe and the lessons he's learned along the way, I don't know what to tell you. Every guard desperately wants to play with a big; Kobe came into the league with one of the best bigs ever. Every player wants a top tier coach to run the team; Kobe has played nearly his entire career with the GOAT on the sideline. Every player wants to play with a franchise committed to winning; Kobe has played with the best GM/owner franchise in NBA history.

There's nothing wrong with hypothetically asking 'What if...' about comparable players, but if you think there was no player comparable to Frobe, you are out of your mother-lovin' mind.
laugh.gif

And even though y'all are QUICK to list Snaq's faults, I'm not even going to drudge up tired arguments and painful scars for y'all by listing Frobe's faults.

Yet.

Kobe averaged 29, 7, and 6 with almost 2 steals during the 00-01 playoffs. That should be enough to show that Shaq wasn't by himself. The only championship where he didn't contribute that greatly, numbers wise, was the first one, and he was still able to get us a game in the Finals and he took over against Portland in game 7 that year.

Kobe averaged 29, 7, and 6 with almost 2 steals during the 00-01 playoffs. That should be enough to show that Shaq wasn't by himself. The only championship where he didn't contribute that greatly, numbers wise, was the first one, and he was still able to get us a game in the Finals and he took over against Portland in game 7 that year.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif

Yet.
I agree with you he came into a great situation and was lucky for that...but some people are in here talking like he was a glorified role player just riding Shaqs tailcoat to a title

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif

Yet.
I agree with you he came into a great situation and was lucky for that...but some people are in here talking like he was a glorified role player just riding Shaqs tailcoat to a title

That should be enough to show that Shaq wasn't by himself?

But... no one said Shaq was by himself. No one said 'That team was just Shaq, no one else. All Shaq.'

"It might have worked with another top guard" doesn't mean "Shaq did it by himself."

"It might have worked with another top guard" doesn't mean "Kobe sucks balls. He was a scrub who was lucky Shaq was there."

laugh.gif
People still so sensitive and defensive until they get everyone to say "Kobe is the only reason the Lakers have done anything since '96."

That should be enough to show that Shaq wasn't by himself?

But... no one said Shaq was by himself. No one said 'That team was just Shaq, no one else. All Shaq.'

"It might have worked with another top guard" doesn't mean "Shaq did it by himself."

"It might have worked with another top guard" doesn't mean "Kobe sucks balls. He was a scrub who was lucky Shaq was there."

laugh.gif
People still so sensitive and defensive until they get everyone to say "Kobe is the only reason the Lakers have done anything since '96."

Back
Top Bottom