*SHOCK POST* IMO, MJ "Bad" > "Thriller"....no really....

Yes Thriller is the single greatest selling album in music history and generally accepted as his best solo album, but in the past weeks, listening to MJ'swork, I think Bad slightly edges it out. It has a better ratio of incredible tracks/average tracks.

Bad - Mike on his G %!#!
pimp.gif

The Way You Make Me Feel - Mike on his smooth playa %!#!
pimp.gif

Speed Demon - I just love the bridge on this joint
Liberian Girl - Mike on his sensitive mack game
pimp.gif

Just Good Friends - the only real "average" track on this album
Another Part of Me - just a dope track overall
Man In The Mirror - introspective look at the world. shows his commitment to making a change
I Just Can't Stop Loving You - without a doubt one of his best solo ballads
Dirty Diana - the guitar!
eek.gif
man eff these groupies man...
Smooth Criminal - "Annie are you ok?"
Leave Me Alone - one of his most personal tracks. I like the video even more

I'm still debating with myself internally on this one but in my heart I know it's true. Discuss

Bad>Off The Wall=Thriller>Dangerous

I listening to Bad as I type this and just had to change my post

Bad 10/10
Off The Wall 9.5/10
Thriller 9.5/10
Dangerous 8/10

Thats all. Continue with your day.

Originally Posted by gunnascott

Off The Wall>Thriller

Honestly had Human Nature been a track on Off The Wall I would be hands down in agreement with you... but as of right now I'm on the fence.

First of all, Dangerous over Bad?
laugh.gif
please explain

As far as Off The Wall, after Working Day & Night, Rock With You, Don't Stop Til You Get Enough, the title track (I love that song) and I Can'tHelp It....I can't see it. The second half of the album is slightly above average IMO.

bad > thriller.

AGREED.
ppl act like

the way you make me feel
bad
smooth criminal
liberian girl
man in the mirror

aren't on bad. please. and lol @ dangerous being better than bad. PLEASE. you ppl slay me.

I feel like most people who say that bad was better than thriller either grew up on that record, or heard it first,or wanna say that bad is better because mostpeople say otherwise. Thriller was a much more organic album, bad sounds computerized. Speed demon and just good friends are average. Thriller has no averagetracks... even baby be mine (which is one of my favorite songs). The writing on thriller > bad. Hell Dangerous> Bad.
Off the wall sounds dated as well...disco
Thriller>Off the Wall>Dangerous>Bad>Invincible

BTW the string of songs from thriller-pyt anything on bad....

I've never heard something so preposterous.

Off The Wall/Thriller is a toss up to me. But BAD? Nope.

smh.gif

Baby Be Mine, PYT, Lady In My Life > Bad

I used to roll with off the wall, but I gotta roll with thiller now

on no planet is Dangerous better than Bad. that's crazy talk

the second half of Off The Wall is why I couldnt put it before Thriller or Bad. The drop off is ridiculous. After "Off The Wall" (the song) which isthe halfway point, the rest of the songs are pretty average minus "I Can't Help It" (Pharrell "borrowed" that little bass riff at thebeginning on Frontin
laugh.gif
)

None of the chick/love songs on Thriller are seeing "I Just Can't Stop Loving You"

Baby Be Mine is an easy skip. Just Good Friends off Bad is an easy skip despite having Stevie on there.

If "Dirty Diana" had a better video it would be recognized as one of his better songs

Back
Top Bottom