shoe drive 2007: kicks for kids :: a big thank you to all who supported (pics)

Word.

If items can be actually mailed, please post address and directions to do such.

I won't be back in the District until after the holidays, unless unforeseen events.

ican, i emailed you last night. where are the drop off locations?
any more info is appreciated.

If you want to drop off used items, I will arrange for Planet Aid to be on site to receive items.

They received over 200 items last year from our shoe drive. They also have yellow bins all over the Washington DC Metropolitan area.

admin_ImageView.asp

I'll be in st. marys for the holidays then, but I hope I remember so I can put in a donation some kind of way. It's really nice that they're doingthis. There should be a donate brand new textbooks drive too, so the kids can have a proper education.

Thank you to all who attended and participated in this program.

We had a great time!

Good music.
Good energy.
Good community participation.
Good cause.

The boys and girls club representative (milly terry) was very excited to see such an initiative in the community. With the support of WKYS (93.9) and WMMJ(102.3) the word reached the masses and a lot of individuals who heard of the push came out and supported the cause. This is very empowering for our community.Our voice CAN be heard to help OTHERS! Scion/Shoe City/EverydayPPLE all provided contents for the giftbags and the discount off your entire purchase workedwell.

Overall we collected 100 new pairs of shoes (some folks went to payless and brought shoes back in, some folks brought in new shoes from their closets that werenever worn, others purchased kids shoes right in the stores, and some even donated cash; but since we did not accept cash donations, LaVan of Everyday PPLEtook the duty to purchase items for those who donated cash. We also collected 100 used items for those less fortunate around the region, specifically thehomeless and organizations who request clothing. Planet Aid supported this effort and had a truck pick up the 100+ items.

Again, we appreciate those who participated, or were even interested in participating. We did have a hefty rainfall, but we still pressed forward.

We are planning a day @ the center and I would like to extend an invitaton to ALL niketalk DMV users to come out and support. This will be a day where weprovide the items directly to the kids. Maybe we can have you guys come out more so to give a small story behind sneakers and how it can be a cool hobby tostick with throughout the years. We are looking at the first/second week of Jan.

anyone interested, please send me an email to [email protected]

Thanks.
Ian

Reppin the NikeTalk t, gotta love that.

Congrats on this year's drive! I hope it's an even greater success next year.

Back
Top Bottom