Shots fire by Kobe Bryant at Matt Barnes "It amuses me... I know he wasn't going to do ____"

barnes is a goon
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

Barnes Fires Back at Kobe, Odom

ORLANDO -- The Lakers are long gone, but Matt Barnes and the Orlando Magic gave them one more parting shot Monday, just in case they happen to meet again in an NBA Finals rematch.

"They aren't going to come in here and punk us,'' Barnes said after practice Monday, still steaming over some of the perceived arrogance the Lakers showed in defeat Sunday.

Barnes said Monday that Kobe Bryant and the Lakers -- defending NBA champs -- are getting an unfair advantage from the officials, based on their reputation.

Bryant and Barnes mixed it up several times, both verbally and physically, in the second half of the Magic's victory Sunday. They received double technical fouls at the start of the third period when they first clashed.

"If (Bryant's) going to throw elbows, I'm not just going to let him do it.''
-- Matt Barnes "I have no problem playing physical, but throughout the game, he (Bryant) elbowed me three times. If I did that, I would have been kicked out,'' Barnes said. "(Pau) Gasol takes a swing at Dwight (Howard). If we do that kind of stuff, we get kicked out, suspended. He (Bryant) is the best player. He gets to do whatever he wants. It is what it is.''

Barnes made it clear Monday that he considers Bryant the "best player in the world.'' Yet he also said he never would concede anything to him on the court.

"If he's going to throw elbows, I'm not just going to let him do it,'' Barnes said. "Kobe is a killer. He has that killer instinct. If you let him mentally get to you, you don't have a chance.''

Bryant Sunday had 34 points, yet he missed the potential game-tying jump shot from 20 feet just before time expired. It was Lamar Odom, though, with eight points and six rebounds who was poking fun at Barnes after the game. He compared Barnes and his physical style of play to former professional wrestler Ric Flair.

"I'm not going to sit here and get into a name-calling battle with someone. The Lakers are where we want to go,'' Barnes said. "If that's what you do when you get to top, that's what you do, talk crap. It doesn't matter to me. We're going to be there at the end."
just being a man 
pimp.gif
 respect

I don't mind what Barnes said, you gotta hold your own and defend yourself. It wasn't like he clotheslined Kobe or anything. I don't think Kobe elbowed him hard either, it was just fighting for position. They officiate the game as if it's 10 year olds at the Y playing. Let them bang!

Alotta dudes in the league who you'd think hate Kobe actually call him the best player in the world. They even wear his shoes. I wont say any names of course.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Alotta dudes in the league who you'd think hate Kobe actually call him the best player in the world. They even wear his shoes. I wont say any names of course.

This is true
laugh.gif

However, on the court you could say Barnes won the whole thing. His team won, he hit the dagger shot, defended Kobe into a miss on the game winner (as much credit as you can give the defender anyways, subjective obviously).

Exactly. Barnes defended Kobe well, as good as you can defend Kobe. The Magic won, Kobe is clearly pissed in the video. And I am pretty sure in an actual fight Kobe would have gotten wrecked. Chris Childs will tell you Kobe is soft.

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

However, on the court you could say Barnes won the whole thing. His team won, he hit the dagger shot, defended Kobe into a miss on the game winner (as much credit as you can give the defender anyways, subjective obviously).
Exactly. Barnes defended Kobe well, as good as you can defend Kobe. The Magic won, Kobe is clearly pissed in the video. And I am pretty sure in an actual fight Kobe would have gotten wrecked. Chris Childs will tell you Kobe is soft.
QFT.

I hope theirs a rematch against these two teams, I love to watch two teams who have some hate towards each other go at it

Get off Chris Child's +@%!. Look at this ###!, that's not even a punch. That's an open palmed push. Tell me if you need to go ride on some fools from the other side of the tracks, Chris Childs is really one of the first names that pops in your mind to call. And I'll tell you yall bout to get yall $#% beat

knockout_kobe__childs.jpg

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

15ckd9f.jpg

datznasty what the hell are you talking about?

kobe's damn face is rippling after the punch you can clearly see he got his hit in.

I have no problem with what Barnes did. He can be a pest, but he's not a dirty player. Even him trying to fake the ball to Kobe's head was funny to me (though he should've been thrown a technical for that imo)

It's really a non issue though. I'm surprised this is almost 8 pages

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

You seen the video? $%%+ caught him in the manubrium, second one barely landed if at all. Given how bony Kobe was at the time, probably hurt himself more than Kobe. Just cause everyone loves to hate Kobe, +#%*!% want to give Childs a medal and $%%+ though
laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/9dkE_hmDrZA&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/9dkE_hmDrZA&hl=en_US&fs=1&
i've seen the video mad times i'm a knicks fan. he didn't beat his #!%, but he got his lil hit in on the first one. childs landed more punches than most players in the NBA do when the fight
laugh.gif
The thing i never noticed is that kobe is the one to throw an elbow and instigate the fight.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

How could anybody stand Kobe Bryant's face? I hate that mother %%%#%# with a passion.

His facial expressions just scream "BAD ACTOR."
lol tell em why you mad son
laugh.gif

don't understand how people hate on another person who they only see over a TV  
KenJi714 wrote:
Originally Posted by clkru

Plus, rest easy at night knowing that the KD2 is endorsed by a hardworking, all-around good guy on the upswing and not a broken down, arrogant d-bag on the downswing like any Kobe, hahahahahHHAHahahAa.
It's funny how someone could hate on person who he/she doesn't even know in real life

KenJi714 wrote:
I hate dudes that dress or has style(which is wack)
sick.gif
like Trace Cyrus. The shorty he's with is bad though
devil.gif

KenJi714 wrote:
I hate people taking pic holding a cup in the club, etc. too . Ya we know you're in a club 
KenJi714 wrote:
Originally Posted by iBlink

2ezmlp2.jpg
I hate this guy with a passion . Dude always appear randomly out of nowhere in music videos, movie etc. And he look gei
KenJi714 wrote:
roll.gif
wow . I hate Kenyon Martin though. Someone punch that fool in the face 
KenJi714 wrote:
roll.gif
. Gosh i hate tom boyish women . They're
sick.gif

KenJi714 wrote:
This remind me why i hate gay dudes .
KenJi714 wrote:
LoL Jeremy Shockey a punk. I hate him since his Giant day 
KenJi714 wrote:
Im starting to hate the Cavs more and more.

So basically, you should've just said this:

KenJi714 wrote:
It's funny how someone could hate on person who he/she doesn't even know in real life I hate when anyone says anything negative about my BFF Kobe Bryant. You guys don't even know him! Leave Kobe alone! *sniffles*

roll.gif

Barnes is a tough dude though, he wont back down from anybody. Hes got alot of anger since his mom passed away it seems. Its good to have a few dudes in the league that will step up to the best players I dont think they all need to be suck ups

Back
Top Bottom