SHOTS FIRED! Police fatally shoot Guy with a crowbar outside of Carl's Jr. vol. 10 shots though?!?

The officers use of force does not equal the force the suspect was using so the cop was in the wrong IMO. LEO's have a variety of non-lethal weapons at their disposal but i guess the cop that shot this guy in the chest 6-7 times was too lazy to reach for his OC spray or taser.

Originally Posted by npa07

The officers use of force does not equal the force the suspect was using so the cop was in the wrong IMO. LEO's have a variety of non-lethal weapons at their disposal but i guess the cop that shot this guy in the chest 6-7 times was too lazy to reach for his OC spray or taser.

indifferent.gif
  Dude didn't even read the thread lol

Originally Posted by npa07

please re-watch the video/ read thread before replying again......
-and lol at trying to say his family is gonna miss and he was only 22......does that dissmiss him trying to kill a cop?

-and to the people saying he should have been shot in the leg or shoulder, u dont seem to understand that thats not garunreed to stop him and if it didnt that cop is dead....u have to protect ur partner

- The guy was walking in the direction of that car across from the Carl's Jr.
- The bystanders were running to the left and right of the restaurant behind the cops.
- The cops were already in between the bystanders and the criminal.
- They had guns. He had a sledgehammer AND the one cop decided to move like 3 feet in front of him.
- You could see there were other cops there because they ended up walking in the shot after he dropped.

The one cop put himself in danger getting that close and almost tripped on himself trying to reload his taser. I agree that his partner had to protect him after his bumbling partner started doing the electric slide and had to react that moment. If he hadn't shot the guy, his partner could of seen the wrong end of the sledgehammer, but you can clearly see the guy turning, about to keel over after the 3rd or 4th shot. By the fifth, I don't think he was going to be hurting anyone.

The cop let off a second burst of shots until the guy stopped moving. He could of easily yelled at his partner to back up and let go of the leash of this german shepherd who was foaming at the mouth.

I'm not supporting the idiot who decided he was going to smash a Carl's Jr with a sledgehammer or anyone who decides to come at a cop or anyone with a weapon. To me it just looks like the situation that the one cop was in was elevated by his decision making and that the fatal result was the harsh ending to his and his partners choices. I honestly don't condone or defend anything the guy with the sledgehammer did. He was in the wrong, they warned him, told him to put his hands up and everything and he kept walking to that car or wherever he was going like an idiot. But equally, the cops decided to get that close to a maniac with a sledgehammer.

FTR, I don't hate law enforcement. They protect us, but they're also human and are capable of not always making the best decisions. Just because they have the badge and uniform, doesn't always mean that when they decide to fatally shoot someone, that it was the best decision.

You dudes live in a bizzare world. This whole attempted to kill my partner bit, you dudes must be from the suburbs. I'm far from thug, and have been attacked with a crowbar and no plenty of people who have. I'm not trained for combat, and guess what I'm still alive. I was bare handed at that, if I would've went to the cops on "attempted murder" dudes would've probably laughed it off as a couple of dudes fighting nothing more. Secondly I have no training, and I can tell you that if you get that close to someone who seems to be out of their mind their going to try to attack. I also know that when someone is out of their mind they're not thinking properly so rather than use force you use your mind and best judgement. You don't get that close if you don't think you can take a hit, or dodge one. You guys repeatedly are saying "he rushed his partner" his partner was with in 3 steps of this man, dude WALKED towards him. Didn't attack anyone prior, most of you feel he deserved to die, but it's not your place to judge at least not with this justice system. There's plenty of people who snap and do things like this, car windows don't equate to a life. You simply don't get that close to someone who you know is not in the right state of mind, cause anyone with common sense knows the outcome. Especially someone who hasn't hurt anyone prior to you arriving, never mind how many shots were fired, the fact that the situation ending in a gun going off is simply poor police work. If their are officers on here who work in major cities, are you gonna tell me a hostile suspect has never tried to attack you with something? People do resist arrest, people do attempt to fight the police, and the police are trained to handle the situation. This situation was mishandled, the fact that you guys are using "heat of the moment" "no time to react" "panicked" as reasoning shows that this was sloppy police work. As a police officer you shouldn't have only two seconds to react, especially when whats placing you in danger is a object which you need to be directly in front of to be injured. 

nobodys saying they shouldnt've stopped dude but 10 **$%!++ shots? c'mon B there is middle ground in there
but I guess this is the same thought process that applied to Sean Bell right? his friend LOOKED like he MIGHT have been reaching for a gun so #+!* it empty the clip right? **$%!++ idiots if he was your brother you wouldnt be sayin this silly !##*

Originally Posted by 4U2C

Originally Posted by Fresh Prince of Nowhere

People are expecting the cops to aim at limbs like this is resident evil 5. You have 2-3 seconds to react and he did what he had to do. 10 shots seems excessive from one person but if the update above is correct then the officer will get off because both fired 5.
The shots was not from 1 person. It was 2 cops. First cop fired 5 rounds, then the suspect turned around with his back to them falling down then the other cop about 2 seconds later fired 5 more rounds into his back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd cop should be charged. Thats murder!
oh

-No the shots were from 2 cops

-and i hate when people try to use that "well if it was ur brother/mother/sister argument" of course u wouldnt agree ud be extremly biased at that point. As some of you are right now, have the people u can tell didnt even read or watch the video there just looking for a reason to bash the police.

-stop trying to compare this to other cases that arent nearly the same to try and make a point

I'll make a few points on this...

If any of you have ever fired a handgun, you know how difficult it is to place shots period. Especially with one hand. Center of mass, headshots, leg shots...doesn't matter. It's not the movies and every shot fired isn't a guaranteed direct hit. Also, alot of the time bullets don't incapacitate after one shot. Matter of fact most of the time it takes multiple shots to render someone or something no longer a threat. Contrary to popular belief, there's a very slim chance of a one shot kill or one shot stop. Stop watching movies.

Secondly, the officers were there to diffuse the situation and place the suspect into custody. You guys are saying their proximity to the perp was too close and they escalated the situation but how are they supposed to arrest the guy from across the parking lot? He did not comply with verbal commands so non-lethal force was used. It was ineffective and the perp then posed an immediate, lethal threat to one of the officers at close proximity...WHAT WAS HIS PARTNER SUPPOSED TO DO??? Fire an accurate arm shot and release the dog then put him in the cuffs? All while maintaining his cool and not getting stressed or nervous one bit because he is a trained super human officer of the law and above human emotion and normal physical response? C'mon now y'all sound like the same people that say they woulda saved the 911 planes had they been a passenger. "They couldn't have taken over my plane with JUST BOXCUTTERS!!!"
indifferent.gif

The amount of lethal force is a moot point. Whether it was one shot or 10, it's still all lethal. How do we know the first shot didn't kill him...or the 4th? Police are trained to STOP a threat. They shot him until he was no longer a threat. Seems to me like they did the job. You cannot aim a weapon or act threateningly towards an officer and not expect to be shot, point blank period. If you feel differently then maybe you should lobby for police in your area to not be allowed to carry guns. If they are wrong to use deadly force in this situation then when are they right? Only when being shot at right?

btw - I strongly believe MANY cops abuse their power and racially profile and do things under the badge that they would never consider as a civilian. Most are good guys but alot are not. But with that said, I know better than to raise a finger to one of em.

- Preciate it.

...out of everyone i see thats in defense of the cops, none of them have an answer for the 10 shots.
nerd.gif

i think what all these cops and their stans r forgetting is we arnt defending that knuckleheads actions! one should NEVER behave as he was... we just arnt excusing the officers actions and

chalking it up as "he deserved to be shot to death for not listening/acting aggressively"

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

...out of everyone i see thats in defense of the cops, none of them have an answer for the 10 shots.
nerd.gif

They did answer, shoot to kill once you attack the officer they have the right to do whatever they need to feel safe.
Also adrenaline, and not "noticing" you are shooting so much. 

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

nerd.gif

They did answer, shoot to kill once you attack the officer they have the right to do whatever they need to feel safe.

laugh.gif

....okay, i guess. at least they have an answer.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

i think what all these cops and their stans r forgetting is we arnt defending that knuckleheads actions! one should NEVER behave as he was... we just arnt excusing the officers actions and

chalking it up as "he deserved to be shot to death for not listening/acting aggressively"
That's just it though. The argument is he DOES deserve what happened because he threatened the life of another police officer, after being given multiple chances to concede his position.

...out of everyone i see thats in defense of the cops, none of them have an answer for the 10 shots
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

You ask a question and when it's answered... an obnoxious smiley is your response? 

ok

Step to a cop with a gun drawn, they will empty their clip. the hell you think is going to happen?

/thread

I fail to believe that a mature adult can looked at this video and actually criticize the cop. It's actually insane to me.

Is anyone thats saying "shoot him in the leg!" actually ever shot a firearm? And under those conditions?

In a vacuum yeah 10 shots was probably to many but with the officers adrenaline pumping with a life on the line do you actually believe he counted how man shots he fired and tried to empty his clip into this guy.

Originally Posted by ualreadyknow23

Secondly, the officers were there to diffuse the situation and place the suspect into custody. You guys are saying their proximity to the perp was too close and they escalated the situation but how are they supposed to arrest the guy from across the parking lot? He did not comply with verbal commands so non-lethal force was used. It was ineffective and the perp then posed an immediate, lethal threat to one of the officers at close proximity...WHAT WAS HIS PARTNER SUPPOSED TO DO??? Fire an accurate arm shot and release the dog then put him in the cuffs? All while maintaining his cool and not getting stressed or nervous one bit because he is a trained super human officer of the law and above human emotion and normal physical response? C'mon now y'all sound like the same people that say they woulda saved the 911 planes had they been a passenger. "They couldn't have taken over my plane with JUST BOXCUTTERS!!!"
indifferent.gif

This.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

That's just it though. The argument is he DOES deserve what happened because he threatened the life of another police officer, after being given multiple chances to concede his position.

laugh.gif

You ask a question and when it's answered... an obnoxious smiley is your response? 

ok

...to THAT answer? Yes.
laugh.gif

"Shoot To Kill"

.....and cats are dead serious too.
roll.gif

...i always thought Cops were taught to "shoot to stop", to neutralize the situation, not shoot to kill.

...but hey, what do i know. good thing we have the in-house NT Lawyers to set us straight on Police Officer policy.

roll.gif
 @ once you attack the officer anything under the sun is fair game......

...i always thought Cops were taught to "shoot to stop", to neutralize the situation, not shoot to kill.

...but hey, what do i know. good thing we have the in-house NT Lawyers to set us straight on Police Officer policy.

roll.gif

Is this sarcasm or what? You're either heavily misinformed or just lacking common sense.

Do you not realize how close this dude was to axing that other cops neck? I mean, the cop shot dude 4 or 5 times and he was still on his feet.

"shoot to neutralize."
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bruh, this ain't call of duty.

roll.gif

I too once thought that, but its not true. 
Yes they try to avoid it, but in situations like this, the department is going to stand behind them.

To them this guy is nothing, to lose ONE  officer is unexceptionable. 

OD.

This is just like the kid that stabbed the bully to death.

All of ya'll don't understand what's appropriate force.  You don't take a life like this.  Criminal or not. 

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

roll.gif

Is this sarcasm or what? You're either heavily misinformed or just lacking common sense.

Do you not realize how close this dude was to axing that other cops neck? I mean, the cop shot dude 4 or 5 times and he was still on his feet.

"shoot to neutralize."
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

.....so in regards to the 10 shots, after the first 2 shots he was neutralized. was he not?

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

roll.gif

"shoot to neutralize."
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

.....so in regards to the 10 shots, after the first 2 shots he was neutralized. was he not?

No, he wasn't.

At the end of the day, you charge a cop with a deadly weapon, you end up dead.... there's really no need for discussion.

Back
Top Bottom