Should I buy a Wii U ?

Okay so I'll start off by being completely honest. I'm a bit underwhelmed by this gen of consoles. I own both the PS4 and Xbox One and on some real **** I'm not really happy with either but I do like what the Xbox One offers a little more but all in all I kind of feel like neither console is "fun". I don't want to just chalk this up to maybe I'm getting older or I'm "growing out of games" which I know is not the case maybe its that I just own the wrong consoles. The N64 , GC , and Dreamcast are my favorite consoles of all time just last weekend I spent 3 hours playing WWF No Mercy on my PC I'm talking creating a wrestler and playing through championship mode and all that and boy I had a blast. It made me feel like the way I used to feel when I played a game back in the days and I totally missed that. So I began to wonder would I be able to recapture this feeling every time I powered on a Wii U ? The Super Mario Bros 3D world , Mario Kart 8 , and dare I say Smash would it bring back those feels for me ? Kind of think my girl would probably put a bullet in my *** if I walk in the house with another $350+ game console but if it can make me feel the way I want to be felt than maybe its worth it. Is it worth it guys ?

Nintendo first party games are the **** but is it really worth copping another system for ? Also do they have n64/GameCube games on the store ?

Yea I play more games off my Wii U and 3ds than any of the other systems. I going to purchase a PS4 just for uncharted 4 and maybe some rpg if any catch my eye.

No lie. I'm not a big gamer, but I copped my daughters the Xbox 360 with a bunch of Disney Infinity 2.0 characters and paraphernalia and it's liver than a mug.

Between the missions with the Marvel squad and Marvel vs Capcom 3, which I also copped, when it's game time, oh it's on!

I honestly only have a PS4 for Mortal Kombat X and The Show. The OS is asscheeks and I could care less about its exclusives. I have the XB1 because I enjoy the OS and a couple of MS exclusives. Basically both collect dust to say the least I don't even remember the last time I played a game on either for longer than 5 minutes :x

I also have a 3 y/o daughter who is already a techie and I know she would absolutely love the Wii U.

Fighting , Racing, and Sports. Don't even know if i can still consider sports a favorite genre of mine when the only game i actually play after a few weeks is The Show. 2K and Madden get copped every year but stop getting play after the first month 
mean.gif
 I enjoy adventure games but honestly stopped playing after the Gamecube died. I think I lost interest because the only adventure games i actually liked were Mario, and Zelda 
tired.gif

The wii u is worth a cop. Try to find a used wii u that's in good condition. You'll save about $100. Nintendo's exclusives really focus on gameplay. I really like pikmin 3, wind waker hd, super mario 3d world, and smash bros.

If the wii you doesn't give you the enjoyment that you seek, I'd recommend getting into retro gaming.

Wii u goes hard. My and my daughter stay hacking :lol: you'll like it if you like those games. I'm copping the next gen wii for sure.

I have a PS4 and never even considered getting a Wii U until I played Mario Kart at a friends house. We only have Mario 3D World and Kart but those two games alone are worth getting a Wii U. I would recommend getting the bundle that comes with 3D World and Nintendo Land. I guarantee your daughter will love it!

Wii u is a highly underrated console. Nintendos game always are adventure platformers but mario kart & smash bros are tough too. They also got the old stuff on their online store as well. Did I mention the online was free and you dont even need the tv on to play the system lol

100% . Wii u gets 10x the burn my ps4 does now, so many good games

**** is crazy man. It's like the Wii U is the best console right now out of this generation and its by far the weakest with 0 3rd party support 

It also came out a year before the other 2.

This year and moving forward the other 2 consoles should begin to outpace the wii u in terms of great games output.

Last edited:
I feel it doesn't need it. What 3rd party games are really wowing thus year?

Last edited:
I assumed Wii u and the og Wii was the same [emoji]128514[/emoji]. I got a Xbox one and GTA is boring now, 2k sucks this year and I'm not into the cod type games so I should consider this. More info please

Back
Top Bottom