Should I get a 2007 Volkswagen GTI?

Honestly, only if you want.
For that asking price you're probably better off getting something else.
Personally, in your situation, I'd get a WRX instead.

P.S. I own an MKVI GTI and love it. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I3

^I have no source, except from a friends mouth - but.. I've heard the MKV r32 was quicker around the ring than the equivalent MY STi? Any truth into that?
I have always admired the MKV GTi -
NOOO lol, you have him by like 50 HP, if anything the EVO might be faster on a straight line than your STI, but the rabbit will lose 5/5 times to your STI (even around the ring).

Originally Posted by I3

^I have no source, except from a friends mouth - but.. I've heard the MKV r32 was quicker around the ring than the equivalent MY STi? Any truth into that?
NOOO lol, you have him by like 50 HP, if anything the EVO might be faster on a straight line than your STI, but the rabbit will lose 5/5 times to your STI (even around the ring).

18k is a lot for an 07, whats the mileage? also depends on the options it has. you can find a 07/08 for less than 18 pretty well equipped.

i have an 06 GLI with the DSG trans and its been bulletproof the 4 years ive owned, zero problems at all. its also very good on gas

18k is a lot for an 07, whats the mileage? also depends on the options it has. you can find a 07/08 for less than 18 pretty well equipped.

i have an 06 GLI with the DSG trans and its been bulletproof the 4 years ive owned, zero problems at all. its also very good on gas

Originally Posted by Vinod869

Originally Posted by I3

Edit: I just did some searching - the Subaru was just a WRX - not an STi.

Damn those STi's and EVO's are no joke..

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

WRX all day... much better than any VW Golf, including the Golf R

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

WRX all day... much better than any VW Golf, including the Golf R

Originally Posted by airkeung88

As long it's not used. Lot of my friends drive em and no problems so far.

How can you buy a brand new 2007 GTI if we're coming up on 2012 now...
alien.gif

OP, just make sure they have all of the service records, etc.  You will definitely want the car to have had regular oil changes since it has a turbo engine.  How many miles does the car have?

Originally Posted by airkeung88

As long it's not used. Lot of my friends drive em and no problems so far.

How can you buy a brand new 2007 GTI if we're coming up on 2012 now...
alien.gif

OP, just make sure they have all of the service records, etc.  You will definitely want the car to have had regular oil changes since it has a turbo engine.  How many miles does the car have?

Back
Top Bottom