Should I make a purchase? 2011 BMW 328i xDrive Sedan

Man **** it, get the BMW. You aren't gonna listen to us anyway.

One last time. You said you have a cosigner. Go pull a 10k line of credit from a bank. That means you have 10k for anything sitting in your pocket! Go shop for used Hondas. Stay in your lane. Stop trying to angle your way into a luxury car. I know you aren't going to listen but whatever.

Short term lease. I can get something for 179-225 a month. Do that for 9 months. And save up. I'm not taking a loan out for a 3 year+ lease. No way.

There's a huge difference between a short term lease and a actual lease. C'mon y'all.

No, I'm not getting a BMW. I'm not taking a loan out and having to owe $500+ a month.

Again, my 4Runner has 210K. Joint needs to go. I've spent thousands of dollars on repair. I coulda' used that money towards another car >: . I've had it with that vehicle. I'm just looking for a real cheap quote on a short term lease and use that "rental" whip until I can buy a used car in full.
Taking a car loan out with high interest rates and all that isn't feasible in the long term. Hertz & Avis has some pretty ugly cars but they may suffice for the time being. Any other well known car rental company I should check out for short term leases?

I think they may even call it "long-term car rental" or "mini-lease".

Last edited:
Again you said you had a co signer. That means low interest as long as they have good credit. Your short term lease plan is stupid AF. I have never seen someone have such a hard time figuring out how to buy a car. Why in the world would you want to lease? You could get a loan tomorrow and get a car. Stop making it harder than it is.

You aren't paying for nothing in cash making 1k a month. So I don't know how you intended on that or even figured that was a possibility. Get a loan with your co signer and get a Honda. You have to pay interest. That's life.

Again you said you had a co signer. That means low interest as long as they have good credit. Your short term lease plan is stupid AF. I have never seen someone have such a hard time figuring out how to buy a car. Why in the world would you want to lease? You could get a loan tomorrow and get a car. Stop making it harder than it is.

You aren't paying for nothing in cash making 1k a month. So I don't know how you intended on that or even figured that was a possibility. Get a loan with your co signer and get a Honda. You have to pay interest. That's life.

Dude, the monthly payments on a lease are cheaper than outright buying. I really doubt that I'll go over any mileage even if the place has a mileage limit. Either way, I'm gonna have monthly payments. Why not go the cheaper route?

What do you mean I can't buy a used car in cash with me making $1300 a month? I only have $2000 to spend on a car, at the moment. In a few more months that'll double/triple and then I'll buy a used car.

Last edited:
Get a Honda accord man. Just start doing a little research on what to look for. They all are pretty solid. Honda's had a few flops but overall they are good and reliable as hell. You could get one for under 10k all day with a decent amount of miles and still have it forever.

I've only read the first and let page and i've seen Honda mentioned like 4 times, no telling how many more times it has been repeated on page 2-7 but you're still asking for a good car to buy.

I was asking for someone to post a website link to a dealer selling a specific Honda. Not for any ol' Accord. Calm yaself.

You can get a used Accord 2008-2010, decent miles for less than $16K.

2008-2009 for $14K

Last edited:
Short term lease. I can get something for 179-225 a month. Do that for 9 months. And save up. I'm not taking a loan out for a 3 year+ lease. No way.

There's a huge difference between a short term lease and a actual lease. C'mon y'all.

No, I'm not getting a BMW. I'm not taking a loan out and having to owe $500+ a month.

if you going that route then go to swapalease or leasetrader,

I'm not sure how you can pay a lease payment and save to buy a car at the same time though

Look this is how the whole car thing works.

Option A

If you have little money, and decent credit then get a reliable, certified used honda/toyota corolla/civic (less than 50k miles). You'll get all the warranties etc. because it's certified and you won't have to worry about a maintenance bill. That means if you're income you can keep the monthly bill as low as you can with a decent interest rate (hope your credit is good.) Get a honda/toyota specifically because they hold their value really well compared to most other brands, which is important because...

After about 2 years, once you've save your money, if you've taken good care of the car (no extra stains in the seats, broken handles, etc) then you can trade in that car as collateral + a slight cash downpayment towards a nicer car and then you can walk out with a nicer car with relatively same low monthly payment that you had with your previous honda/toyota.

Option B

Spend $8-$10 on a used honda/toyota - their still reliable, but because you won't have those dealer warranties the reliability of the car is important. Save your money and drive this car until you have more money and have more disposable income to put towards a monthly bill. 

Notes

Priorities. Which is the better option for you in the long run? Don't think of a car as something to hurt feelings yet, that'll come in time. You should be worried about having an apartment and getting a better job, rather than a nice car. I've seen so many dudes stunin with a BMW/Mercedes still living at the moms crib 
roll.gif
 or worse yet, buying one with over 120 k miles on them 
roll.gif
 thinking they doing it. 

Last edited:
@Stillinn729 I work brah. I can accumulate more n' more gradually.

@ heLiumcLinton THANK YOU FOR SWAP-A-LEASE! THIS SITE HAS GREAT DEALS!

I would save for a used vehicle by finding a cheap lease for a cheap car with little to no down payment & monthly payment. = profit :pimp:

@ heLiumcLinton THANK YOU FOR SWAP-A-LEASE! THIS SITE HAS GREAT DEALS!

I would save for a used vehicle by finding a cheap lease for a cheap car with little to no down payment & monthly payment. = profit
pimp.gif
Just remember that until you get to a certain financial status, leasing has a very fine line of being a good idea. 

You aren't going to save anything buying that Beamer; you will end up racking up credit card debt and not paying your student loans

Having a car payment on $1300 is a bad idea in general; you are going to end up spending over 50% of your monthly income on a car just to fake floss

I can tell this thread has not done anything to steer you the right way

Last edited:
Who said I was going to get that 328i? It's clear I can't afford it. That's been addressed on like page 2 brah :lol: Forget about the 328i

I'm getting a used Honda, Nissan or Toyota.

Back
Top Bottom