Shyne to be released any day now! Countdown to Release is On!

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

You guys hype up any average rapper that's struggling
laugh.gif
Nice to see him out though, he didn't deserve to be in there like that.
But if dude hasn't improved, I could give a damn about his music.
staright up...... dude was an average rapper.

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS199

hes muslim now..hes done for he wont rap anymore and i think hes gonna be a preacher ala Loon/Mase

What is Puffy doing to these dudes, got em running to the church.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

What did Diddy do to him?
shame one me for not knowing
smh.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by BHPbadboi

Well basically Sparknotes,

*Diddy, J Lo, Shyne are in a club. Diddy gets into an agrument with a guy, and it gets heated!
*Guy is very upset and appears to rich for a gun(though it was never confirmed)!
*Shyne pulls out a gun and starts shooting and hit a random bystander! Both Diddy & Shyne are arrested!
*They have different attorney's, and Diddy has a witness who says that Diddy did not have a weapon but inf act it was all Shyne's doing and he overreacted to the whole situation!
*Shyne is then sentenced to 8-10 for trying to defend a friend and someone he looked up to!
*Shyne says though he is not mad at Puff bout the situation, he has nothing to say to him ever again! Which is understandable!
*Puff should def cut dude a big check when he gets out though!

****Granted it looks very bad on, Diddy's part but...every dude from the hood has that one gully friend who does overract to everything and is quick to pull a gun! Diddy has kids that he is responsible for! Its hard to tell your kids Daddy is gonna go away b/c my dude overreacted, but i'm keeping it real!
Everything you said was pretty much on point except whats bold....

I remember the details of the case like it was yesterday and Diddy wasnt lookin at any time...He could have copped a plea and took probation. Had he done that, Shyne gets no where near 10 years for the charges he was facing.

Puff probably thought that would ruin his image by pleading guilty so he took it to trial and his lawyers/witnesses did Shyne dirty.

Result of that=
Diddy gets cleared of all charges
Shyne gets 10 years for assault and reckless endangerment (I never heard of anyone getting 10 for those charges)

I thought shyne pulled out and shoot UP. And that they found bullets in the ceiling and the owner said that there had never been a shooting there so it had tobe from his gun? Also wasnt Puffy calling the vics during the trial and talking to them?

edit: nvm I see this was mentioned already

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Shyne aint rapping no more, He's most likely to return to belize and just chill out there. I swear shyne gets "Almost released" every week. I'll believe it when I see him walking out of clinton correctional facilities

for some reason i believe it this time.

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Originally Posted by INFAMOUS199

hes muslim now..hes done for he wont rap anymore and i think hes gonna be a preacher ala Loon/Mase

What is Puffy doing to these dudes, got em running to the church.
When you see the devil(Puffy) it will make you wanna be saved...

Aug 4 2009 6:11 PM EDT

[h1]Shyne Granted October Release From Prison[/h1] [h2]'He's about 90 percent of the way home now,' lawyer for the former Bad Boy artist says.[/h2]
By Jayson Rodriguez

NEW YORK On Tuesday (August 4), a Manhattan judge signed an order that will see former Bad Boy recording artist and onetime Sean"Diddy" Combs protégé Jamal "Shyne" Barrow receive two-and-a-half years ofpost-release supervision stemming from his 2001 conviction and sentencing in theinfamous Club New York case.

An attorney for Shyne - born Jamal Barrow but now going by Moses Levi afterconverting to Judaism while in prison - said that the order marked one of the last remaining hurdles in the way of his client's release from prison inOctober.

"He's about 90 percent of the way home now," attorney Oscar Michelin told MTV News following the hearing.

The district attorney's office had recommended Shyne receive the maximum amount of five years of post-release supervision (essentially probation), dueto the violent nature of his crime. In June of 2001, Shyne was sentenced to 10 years in prison - the most serious charge he was found guilty of wasfirst-degree assault, after a patron in the club was shot in the face following a melee that started between a group of clubgoers and Diddy's entourage,which included his then-girlfriend Jennifer Lopez and Shyne. Shyne brandished a gun and fired shots into the air to break up the argument.

The December 1999 shooting resulted in charges being brought against both Shyne and Diddy, with both of them going to trial. The high-profile incidentproduced plenty of headlines, from Diddy's red-light running, high-speed exit with Lopez following the shooting to an alleged bribery plot. Shyne was arising talent at the time, with his husky baritone reminding many in the music industry of legendary Bad Boy Records artist Notorious B.I.G. Diddy signed theyoungster and was set on molding him into hip-hop's next superstar before their relationship crumbled after the trial, in which Diddy was acquitted on allcounts.

In court, Michelin presented a memo he prepared in Shyne's defense, which was a combination of previous law examples that were similar to hisclient's case, talk of the rapper's good behavior and testimony from scholars and business executives who support the Brooklyn native'srelease.

"I'm grateful," a calm Shyne told the judge.

The rapper was hoping to be re-sentenced as a way to avoid post-release supervision, telling the judge that the supervision equates to "extra jailtime." It was a strategy he and his lawyer proposed but the judge quickly dismissed, citing a recent court of appeals decision that changed the nature ofassigned post-release supervision in New York. As a result of the ruling, a number of previous dependents in cases, including Shyne, have been issued extrasupervision following their jail sentences. The judge acknowledged the rules were not in effect when Shyne was initially sentenced, but cases all over thestate are now being reexamined as a result of the ruling.

In April, Shyne appeared in court for a parole hearing, hoping to be released early after serving eight years in prison - but the rapper was denied anylenience. Now the rapper has a mandatory release scheduled for October 6 of this year. The date will mark eight years and seven months served; he began hissentence in April of 2001, when he was 22 years old.

Shyne will serve the rest of his sentence at the Sullivan Correctional Facility in Fallsburg, New York.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Damn I ain't know he was 22 when he was locked up..bamma spent the rest of his twenties behind bars.

Diddy better have suitcases full of money at shynes crib when he gets out.

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

I heard that Jay is trying to sign Shyne. They say he went up there to visit him last week.

I dont believe shyne will be rappin.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

I heard that Jay is trying to sign Shyne. They say he went up there to visit him last week.

I dont believe shyne will be rappin.
Truth. I dont think there will be this big comeback

i hope he doesnt go back to Central America to chill.

Well maybe he needs some time... But he needs to drop some tapes and start workin on *@!% again.

I don't think some of ya'll understand what 8 years in the pen can do to a man's mental. I'm sure hopping right back in to what he was doing isthe last thing on his mind.

Damn thats &#@!#@ up... Dude got locked up at 22 and aint see the world again till 30... I'm just glad to see dude got a release date
pimp.gif

Shyne supposed to have been coming home since he went in lol I dont think hes Rappin anymore he changed his name and converted to judism or being an Israeliteor something

Back
Top Bottom