Silver to $250 an oz...

Originally Posted by seniosoul

no one chiming in on this thread... i had a at the bottom of page 18
certain websites buy back their bars or other bars depending on the brand...apmex and kitco buy bars just as an example they don't give you spot but like a dollar less 
you can go to a store in your city that sells bullion like a coin shop they will also give you spot...or more depending on what you got...world coins have a higher premium 

ebay and craigslist

at the end of the day someone is going want and need your silver when its time for you to sell...as long as you don't go to those pawn shops or cash for gold/silver places your going to get spot or more depending on the bullion

anyone got any deals? 
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by seniosoul

no one chiming in on this thread... i had a at the bottom of page 18
certain websites buy back their bars or other bars depending on the brand...apmex and kitco buy bars just as an example they don't give you spot but like a dollar less 
you can go to a store in your city that sells bullion like a coin shop they will also give you spot...or more depending on what you got...world coins have a higher premium 

ebay and craigslist

at the end of the day someone is going want and need your silver when its time for you to sell...as long as you don't go to those pawn shops or cash for gold/silver places your going to get spot or more depending on the bullion

anyone got any deals? 
glasses.gif

Yeah I had a question on the last page too. No one can seem to answer it intelligently here or elsewhere.

All you folks buying metals are like all the people buying houses in 2004-05. Bubbles don't get any clearer and none of you have an exit strategy, or even a target price.

Yeah I had a question on the last page too. No one can seem to answer it intelligently here or elsewhere.

All you folks buying metals are like all the people buying houses in 2004-05. Bubbles don't get any clearer and none of you have an exit strategy, or even a target price.

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Define a bubble?  Oil is near $100 a barrel still, is that a bubble too?   Are all precious metals and commodities a bubble?

Define a bubble?  Oil is near $100 a barrel still, is that a bubble too?   Are all precious metals and commodities a bubble?

well I can't lose with my PMs...I bought all my gold when it was around 400/oz and my silvers at around 12/oz.  I doubt gold will ever dip to 400 or anywhere close to $400.  People have to understand gold was the standard currency since forever and it will never change.  Your fiat isn't going to be worth anything in the near future unless some significant changes happen.

well I can't lose with my PMs...I bought all my gold when it was around 400/oz and my silvers at around 12/oz.  I doubt gold will ever dip to 400 or anywhere close to $400.  People have to understand gold was the standard currency since forever and it will never change.  Your fiat isn't going to be worth anything in the near future unless some significant changes happen.

the dollar is a bubble if anything.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Both oil and PM prices are a result of speculators searching for profit.  There is no supply/demand mechanism supporting these prices outside of people demanding yield.  If it was as easy to enter commodity markets as it is gold markets or say oil markets through the use of ETFs and derivatives you would see speculators running those prices up as well.  Cotton, for example, may have looked like a bubble to some but there were concrete supply/demand constraints that caused that although institutional investors did a little speculating which no doubt amplified the price increase.  As financial instruments evolve you will see more bubbles across all asset classes. 

BgL2687 wrote:

Thats like saying you're up $1000 at the crap table in vegas and you doubt you'll loose your profits cause things are going so good. Why do you doubt that? Homeowners with alot of equity would have never thought they would end up underwater 5 years ago. There is a reason why gold or any other finite resources is not the standard currency anymore, which I can go into if you do not understand.  Tell me how metal is any less of a fiat than paper?  What is the intrinsic value of gold? Golds only value beyond it's industrial uses is the value people assign to it.  It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it and people are only willing to pay for it because they assume someone else will pay them more for it later on or that food and energy suppliers will start accepting bullion as payment when the world ends. LOL

TeamJordan79 wrote:

A bubble compared to what?  The Eur....the swiss fr.....the po...  It's not that I disagree but currency valuations are relative.  I believe there are more fundamental reasons for the dollars valuation than there are for say gold but of course it is fiat so we are just speaking hypothetically anyway. 

Both oil and PM prices are a result of speculators searching for profit.  There is no supply/demand mechanism supporting these prices outside of people demanding yield.  If it was as easy to enter commodity markets as it is gold markets or say oil markets through the use of ETFs and derivatives you would see speculators running those prices up as well.  Cotton, for example, may have looked like a bubble to some but there were concrete supply/demand constraints that caused that although institutional investors did a little speculating which no doubt amplified the price increase.  As financial instruments evolve you will see more bubbles across all asset classes. 

BgL2687 wrote:

Thats like saying you're up $1000 at the crap table in vegas and you doubt you'll loose your profits cause things are going so good. Why do you doubt that? Homeowners with alot of equity would have never thought they would end up underwater 5 years ago. There is a reason why gold or any other finite resources is not the standard currency anymore, which I can go into if you do not understand.  Tell me how metal is any less of a fiat than paper?  What is the intrinsic value of gold? Golds only value beyond it's industrial uses is the value people assign to it.  It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it and people are only willing to pay for it because they assume someone else will pay them more for it later on or that food and energy suppliers will start accepting bullion as payment when the world ends. LOL

TeamJordan79 wrote:

A bubble compared to what?  The Eur....the swiss fr.....the po...  It's not that I disagree but currency valuations are relative.  I believe there are more fundamental reasons for the dollars valuation than there are for say gold but of course it is fiat so we are just speaking hypothetically anyway. 

Are you aware of the country's budget deficits and increasing debt, and how this will impact the real value of the dollar?

You say housing was a bubble.  In some areas it was, in my area is wasn't and home prices are down between 5-10%.  That has more to do with the economy than a real bubble. 

Putting all of your money into any single asset class is very risky, whether it is stocks, your house, precious metals, etc.  A house is still an asset, you still need a place to live, how much you decide to pay for it is your own responsibility. 

Are you aware of the country's budget deficits and increasing debt, and how this will impact the real value of the dollar?

You say housing was a bubble.  In some areas it was, in my area is wasn't and home prices are down between 5-10%.  That has more to do with the economy than a real bubble. 

Putting all of your money into any single asset class is very risky, whether it is stocks, your house, precious metals, etc.  A house is still an asset, you still need a place to live, how much you decide to pay for it is your own responsibility. 

What does budget deficits have to do with buying silver? srs

When was the last time home prices were down 5-10%?  Prices are relative to the supply and demand, in most cases there is much more supply than demand for houses especially considering how hard it is to get a loan these days.  How anyone can say housing wasn't/isn't a bubble is beyond me.

Difference is a house, as you pointed out, has a practical use.  It is not strictly for turning a profit or storing your cash.  Houses can also be an income generating investment.  Metals have neither of those qualities which make it that much worse than investing in housing.

I still am waiting for a rational investment strategy for PMs.  How about some technical or fundamental analysis or some valuation models?  None of you have a clue what you are doing.  You are just sinking money in this investment in the hope it will payoff.  No one has a feasible entry or exit strategy.  No one can even give me a target price that they didn't pull out of their butt.  Everyone is just following the crowd, things will not end well for you all. 

When was the last time home prices were down 5-10%?  Prices are relative to the supply and demand, in most cases there is much more supply than demand for houses especially considering how hard it is to get a loan these days.  How anyone can say housing wasn't/isn't a bubble is beyond me.

Difference is a house, as you pointed out, has a practical use.  It is not strictly for turning a profit or storing your cash.  Houses can also be an income generating investment.  Metals have neither of those qualities which make it that much worse than investing in housing.

I still am waiting for a rational investment strategy for PMs.  How about some technical or fundamental analysis or some valuation models?  None of you have a clue what you are doing.  You are just sinking money in this investment in the hope it will payoff.  No one has a feasible entry or exit strategy.  No one can even give me a target price that they didn't pull out of their butt.  Everyone is just following the crowd, things will not end well for you all. 

Budget deficits will devalue the dollar. 

Silver is used in jewelry.
Today, silver metal is also used in electrical contacts and conductors, in mirrors and in catalysis of chemical reactions. Its compounds are used in photographic film, and dilute silver nitrate solutions and other silver compounds are used as disinfectants and microbiocides. While many medical antimicrobial uses of silver have been supplanted by antibiotics, further research into clinical potential continues.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver

Budget deficits will devalue the dollar. 

Silver is used in jewelry.
Today, silver metal is also used in electrical contacts and conductors, in mirrors and in catalysis of chemical reactions. Its compounds are used in photographic film, and dilute silver nitrate solutions and other silver compounds are used as disinfectants and microbiocides. While many medical antimicrobial uses of silver have been supplanted by antibiotics, further research into clinical potential continues.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver

Back
Top Bottom