Since the whole CB incident, who will take the solo male R&B crown?

Yea Trey and Dream don't deserve to even be mentioned IMO. In Dream's case, I think you have to be able to sing to take the r&b crown lol. As faras Trey goes I don't hear this "talent" you dudes keep giving him credit for. I F with Trey Day but he murders other people @!$ on his mixtapesand his own @!$ seems lackluster.

I'd probably say Ne-Yo. He's holding this @!$ down. Not complacent. Seems to try to want to reinvent himself with every album. I think he'sbecoming a better writer by the album as well.

Chris Brown never had @!$ to begin with lol.

Kell's needs to take his crown back since some of these cats ain't even worthy lol.

i hope trey..but..
tired.gif

Chris Brown never had the "crown". He cannot sing at all, which is a pretty big criteria for being the top R&B "singer". Same goes forthe The Dream, but his music isn't even R&B in the first place. In terms of the mainstream guys, it's Ne-Yo and its not really close (until Ushercomes back). He's got the vocal ability, is a great writer, and makes true R&B music. If being mainstream/sales isn't a criteria, guys like JohnLegend or Musiq are at the top.

Ne-Yo been had the crown. Only reason Chris sell is because he's young. The production is the star of his music. You can craft music to the point where itdoesn't matter who sings it; the writing and production is so strong it doesn't matter.

You might hear Dream on the radio...but he aint sellin like you'd believe. Somebody looking for R&B is notchecking out a whole album from him. He cant +#$%%#@ sing.

You can take the crown when u can sing, kill a track with minimal production, go Pop when need be, and put it all together on an album. Ne-Yo, Usher, Mario,Trey Songz and J. Holiday possess that. Realistically, the only kats capable of selling is Ne-Yo, Usher & Mario. J. Holiday & Songz don't sell forsome strange reason
laugh.gif
. And Ne-Yo will be around for a long time cuz hewrites his own stuff. All he needs is a beat; all these other kats need writers. And chances are...your favorite joint...he got writing credits for it
laugh.gif

trey's buzz is building right now, people adding "i need a girl" on their myspace eventhough that song sucks imo...i hope dude makes anotheralbum like "gotta make it" that #*!$ was
pimp.gif

but for me, my personal faves would be John legend

and for Jerimih.."birthday sex" and his song with Fabolous is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Personally, I would put pick T-Pain over the Dream.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
What ya'll stonefacin' me for? Is there a difference between em?

They're both songwriters that didn't wanna stay where they were at, but neither of them could sing.

One said "Hey i'll use this autotune to compensate for my lack of vocals and create a new sound/trend"
The other said "
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
IT! I'll just sing anyways!"

To be honest it's gonna be Ne-Yo's crown for AT LEAST the next 5 yrs, if not longer...I don't think some people realize how amazing 'Year ofthe Gentleman' was.
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
...that's probably the best R&B album since 'Confessions', real talk. EDIT: My own father still has thatalbum in his rotation to this day!
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Dude is a MONSTER with the pen. Imagine if he saved every song he writes for himself.
laugh.gif
eek.gif
smh.gif
...he can sing his *!! off as well
pimp.gif

I know he can't dance like Ursher or C. Breezy, but who can? He still can dance/put on a show as an entertainer...

Bottom line is it HAS been Shaffer's crown & it's his to lose...I would absolutely LOVE to see my main man Usher come back & take back thethrown, but IDK if he still has it in him being married & all...
smh.gif
Hopefully Ursh can prove me wrong, because 'Here I Stand' wasn't cuttin'it...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

They're both songwriters that didn't wanna stay where they were at, but neither of them could sing.

One said "Hey i'll use this autotune to compensate for my lack of vocals and create a new sound/trend"
The other said "

Saying they're the same is just a plain disservice to Terius Nash
smh.gif
...T-Pain's features have been played out for a while now as well...

I would absolutely LOVE to see my main man Usher come back & take back the thrown, but IDK if he still has it in him being married & all...
smh.gif
Hopefully Ursh can prove me wrong, because 'Here I Stand' wasn't cuttin' it...
You're only as hot as the songs u choose. It's just a matter of picking better songs. If u ignore hot records because it doesn't fityour lifestyle anymore, that can be a problem. He was trying to make a point that he's a grown +$% man. We don't care that you're married, we wantConfessions 2, now make the music we want to hear from you
laugh.gif
- generallyspeaking. I aint have a problem with Here I Stand. It was nowhere as good as Confessions, but Trading Places, Moving Mountains, Love You Gently, Appetite,Before I Met You(best track on the album) and Lifetime made it a good listen. He still managed to do 2 mil.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

The other said "
NT is on this d-riding phase of Dream right now. You gotta excuse them. IMO, Dream is the superior writer but that's where it ends in thecomparison. Pain's albums are better than Dream's albums and while neither is worth mentioning Pain's vocal's are atleast tolerable without theautotune. Dream's features 99% of the time are corny. Pain got classic's he's done hooks and beats for.

Back
Top Bottom