Since When Did Michael Moore Speak For The American People?

My man is pure comedy. Saying Americans expect nationalized health care, that we voted in November for this mess.

I can barely watch dude and his gobble-gobble turkey neck. He's planning on campaigning against Democrats who oppose the National Plan
roll.gif

I hate to admit I somewhat agree with some things he says but in different ways. Ie: Special Interests run the Hill, we should get our money back from bailouts (shouldn't have done 'em in the first place.

He has his own opinions. Just like you do. The only difference is, he can express his views on TV infront of millions of people. And you express yours on ainternet shoe forum with a bunch of asian and black males.

/thread.
-The Juice

A large amount of Americans are completely for a nationalized health care system. Whether or not its the majority is debatable.

Also, I can't speak for every American, but I know I voted for Obama, in part, because of his views on a national health care system and I am thoroughlydisappointed that there is still such a debate going on about it.

I'm bored so I'll play.

OJ, You're absolutely correct. However I like discussions and debate and if I can get somebody to question their views or even research the positions theyhold, I'll be happy. My problem is more with him representing his views as something all Americans agree with.

AR, I listen to CSPAN every morning in the car and it seems like the opponents vastly outnumber the supporters (although I guess thats to be expected). Pollnumbers also indicate that people are increasingly growing skeptical about Government takeover of health care.

Finally, why are you disappointed that there is debate going on about health care? Shouldn't everything be thoroughly debated and alternatives explored?I'm appalled by the shotgun approach used by both sides to get legislation through.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

He has his own opinions. Just like you do. The only difference is, he can express his views on TV infront of millions of people. And you express yours on a internet shoe forum with a bunch of asian and black males.

/thread.
-The Juice

THIS
lock.JPG

Originally Posted by da703trailblaza

I'm bored so I'll play.

OJ, You're absolutely correct. However I like discussions and debate and if I can get somebody to question their views or even research the positions they hold, I'll be happy. My problem is more with him representing his views as something all Americans agree with.

AR, I listen to CSPAN every morning in the car and it seems like the opponents vastly outnumber the supporters (although I guess thats to be expected). Poll numbers also indicate that people are increasingly growing skeptical about Government takeover of health care.

Finally, why are you disappointed that there is debate going on about health care? Shouldn't everything be thoroughly debated and alternatives explored? I'm appalled by the shotgun approach used by both sides to get legislation through.
Of course most politicians are against it. Their campaigns are sponsored and funded by HMOs. I loved that senator from Arkansas who was againstthe nationalization of healthcare. Yet roughly 1/3 of his state is uninsured.
tired.gif

This whole debate with politicians has to do with who funds their campaigns more than anything. And HMOs fund a good portion of the campaigns out there. Andwe all should know that you have to sell out your beliefs to break through our corrupted political system. Then again its not like any other political systemout there isn't corrupted in some way.

Oh well, guess more people will have to go bankrupt, go into foreclosure, or die just because they can't afford to get a healthcare plan and their employerdoesn't have one. Nice one conservatives!!!

As long as you're complaining, you're representing America.

Hell, look at me, whining about how much this country whines.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

That penguin looking dude speaks more for me than Barack does, for dang sure.

ERASCISM's sig:
MY QUARTERBACK IS MEXICAN
Of course you're a Jets fan. Of course. *recalls the Jets' 3-0 record*

Oooooooof course.
laugh.gif

Shameless.
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Personally, I think a large amount of people are and the one's who are against it don't understand it. There is something wrong when the richestcountry in the world basically trails almost every other country in terms of health care rankings.

Two things. 1) I hate Michael Moore. 2) I don't think most people appreciate what goes into the health care system and what is wrong with it and what ittakes to fix it. Most of all, I don't think Michael Moore understands. As long as we have an ever-increasing obesity/diabetes/hypertension crisis in thiscountry (of which Michael Moore is the posterboy), as long as we have gross inefficiencies in the administration of health care, and (perhaps most of all) aslong as "good care" is equated with "maximum care" (i.e. where doctors are afraid of undertreating patients as opposed to doing what theythink is best), the health care system won't be fixed. Oh yeah, and if we "fix" health care without paying attention to the things the currentsystem is good at (such as finding new treatments) we may end up with a whole lot of nothing.

lol @ L4L

there's some misinformation in this thread.

i'll preface everything with this:

i voted for barack obama specifically for his views on two issues, one of them being universal health insurance for every american. in his book audacity ofhope, he actually advocates a single-payer system. "how nice it would be to have medicare-for-all; only if we had the right president in office..." ithought.

i was disappointed to say the least when ABSOLUTELY NO single-payer legislation was even OFFERED UP in the preliminary senate hearings. the watered-down publicoption seemed a left-leaning attempt at bipartisanship to ensure republican support on a reform i was (previously) sure would be passed in overwhelmingmajority.

the deflowered and skull-eff'ed bill out on the senate floor now is laughable. there's legislation tweaks, but no real reform as the american publicdeserves (even if they're stupid enough to be talked out of it by the likes of limbaugh, palin, and rep. wilson).

i just want to point out a few things. the public option (which has now been circumcised) was not a "government takeover of health care". anyone whosuggest differently is either a) ignorant (i.e. lacking a sufficient amount of knowledge on the subject) or b) spreading talking points spun out by theright-wing powers-that-be (who actually do understand that a public option is NOT a goverment takeover of health care but act otherwise in the interest ofmoney and power).

and it is indeed true that a large amount of americans would support a single-payer medicare-for-all type plan (e.g. "nationalized" health careinsurance). is it a majority? no. does it hover just beneath a near majority? absolutely.

15 minutes worth of fact-checking and research on google would clear up a ton of misinformation on this subject.

since he got a camera and dumb americans started believing him.

shout a popular opinion and watch the masses cheer u on

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

Two things. 1) I hate Michael Moore. 2) I don't think most people appreciate what goes into the health care system and what is wrong with it and what it takes to fix it. Most of all, I don't think Michael Moore understands. As long as we have an ever-increasing obesity/diabetes/hypertension crisis in this country (of which Michael Moore is the posterboy), as long as we have gross inefficiencies in the administration of health care, and (perhaps most of all) as long as "good care" is equated with "maximum care" (i.e. where doctors are afraid of undertreating patients as opposed to doing what they think is best), the health care system won't be fixed. Oh yeah, and if we "fix" health care without paying attention to the things the current system is good at (such as finding new treatments) we may end up with a whole lot of nothing.

lol @ L4L
what about the fact that HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES PROFIT FROM SICKNESS?

that is the SINGLE BIGGEST PROBLEM with our health insurance system as it stands now.

anything short of erasing health insurance companies is fruitless and, as you so simply described, "a whole lot of nothing".

Why fundamentally change something instead of fixing its problems? For the record, I don't have health care, but can afford it, but if ObamaCare goesthrough, you dudes will be picking up the tab. Thanks homies!

Moore did go in on Obama in Capitalism: A Love Story. Said the big banks and corporations threw money at him hoping he'd do their bidding. So far theirdreams are coming true.

Originally Posted by YoungAnakin

Two things. 1) I hate Michael Moore. 2) I don't think most people appreciate what goes into the health care system and what is wrong with it and what it takes to fix it. Most of all, I don't think Michael Moore understands. As long as we have an ever-increasing obesity/diabetes/hypertension crisis in this country (of which Michael Moore is the posterboy), as long as we have gross inefficiencies in the administration of health care, and (perhaps most of all) as long as "good care" is equated with "maximum care" (i.e. where doctors are afraid of undertreating patients as opposed to doing what they think is best), the health care system won't be fixed. Oh yeah, and if we "fix" health care without paying attention to the things the current system is good at (such as finding new treatments) we may end up with a whole lot of nothing.

lol @ L4L

that is the SINGLE BIGGEST PROBLEM with our health insurance system as it stands now.

anything short of erasing health insurance companies is fruitless and, as you so simply described, "a whole lot of nothing".

My post didn't touch on that subject but it's a good point. In general, everyone involved in health care from doctors to pharmaceuticals to healthinsurance companies benefits from sickness. But we can't get rid of that type of conflict of interest completely, though. There has to be some level oftrust and some type of safeguard.

I do think that health insurers are pretty inefficient and inflexible, and thus are a major source of the problem.

My main concern though is that it sounds like people are expecting way too much and I'm not sure where the extra benefits will come from. Like FriendliestGhost is saying, someone will have to pick up the tab. With or without health insurance companies, health care is very expensive, out of proportion with thenormal expenses of 99% of Americans.

lol @ L4L

My post didn't touch on that subject but it's a good point. In general, everyone involved in health care from doctors to pharmaceuticals to health insurance companies benefits from sickness. But we can't get rid of that type of conflict of interest completely, though. There has to be some level of trust and some type of safeguard.

I do think that health insurers are pretty inefficient and inflexible, and thus are a major source of the problem.

My main concern though is that it sounds like people are expecting way too much and I'm not sure where the extra benefits will come from. Like Friendliest Ghost is saying, someone will have to pick up the tab. With or without health insurance companies, health care is very expensive, out of proportion with the normal expenses of 99% of Americans.
wait, what?

hold on, let me make this clear: HEALTH INSURANCECOMPANIES PROFIT FROM SICKNESS.

doctors do not profit from sickness; they treat it (and sometimes cure it) and are appropriately paid for their services.

pharmaceutical companies offer products which treat (and sometimes cure) sickness and are, granted, disproportionately paid for their "services".

health insurance companies offer nothing. they are, in their most simple form, middle men in a market of sickness. it is their job to maximize revenue, reduceexpenses, and increase profit... ON SICKNESS. it is disgusting, deplorable, and despicable. this isn't a conflict of interest, it's a conflict ofmorality! and why the hell can't we do away with it?

americans should absolutely expect health insurance from their government. jesus christ, the french are doing it...

and who should pick up the tab? the feds. raise taxes. CUT FUNDING TO EXHAUSTED AND IRRESPONSIBLE WAR EFFORTS. even as the public option proposal stood, nomore money would have been spent on health care reform than what was spent 3 times over on the wars in iraq and afghanistan.

OrenthalJames wrote:
He has his own opinions. Just like you do. The only difference is, he can express his views on TV infront of millions of people. And you express yours on a internet shoe forum with a bunch of asian and caucasian males.

/thread.
-The Juice

Fixed. Co-sign.

CUT FUNDING TO EXHAUSTED AND IRRESPONSIBLE WAR EFFORTS.

I'll quote it again.
CUT FUNDING TO EXHAUSTED AND IRRESPONSIBLE WAR EFFORTS.

As far as Moore goes, dude is definitely biased and ignorant about some matters. However, I am glad he brings to light important issues. I do think he doescare about the well-being of society, though. But then again, I could be totally wrong.

Originally Posted by THE FAME

OrenthalJames wrote:
He has his own opinions. Just like you do. The only difference is, he can express his views on TV infront of millions of people. And you express yours on a internet shoe forum with a bunch of asian and caucasian males.

/thread.
-The Juice
Fixed. Co-sign.

lol

lol @ L4L

My post didn't touch on that subject but it's a good point. In general, everyone involved in health care from doctors to pharmaceuticals to health insurance companies benefits from sickness. But we can't get rid of that type of conflict of interest completely, though. There has to be some level of trust and some type of safeguard.

My main concern though is that it sounds like people are expecting way too much and I'm not sure where the extra benefits will come from. Like Friendliest Ghost is saying, someone will have to pick up the tab. With or without health insurance companies, health care is very expensive, out of proportion with the normal expenses of 99% of Americans.
wait, what?

hold on, let me make this clear: HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES PROFIT FROM SICKNESS.

doctors do not profit from sickness; they treat it (and sometimes cure it) and are appropriately paid for their services.

pharmaceutical companies offer products which treat (and sometimes cure) sickness and are, granted, disproportionately paid for their "services".

health insurance companies offer nothing. they are, in their most simple form, middle men in a market of sickness. it is their job to maximize revenue, reduce expenses, and increase profit... ON SICKNESS. it is disgusting, deplorable, and despicable. this isn't a conflict of interest, it's a conflict of morality! and why the hell can't we do away with it?

americans should absolutely expect health insurance from their government. jesus christ, the french are doing it...

and who should pick up the tab? the feds. raise taxes. CUT FUNDING TO EXHAUSTED AND IRRESPONSIBLE WAR EFFORTS. even as the public option proposal stood, no more money would have been spent on health care reform than what was spent 3 times over on the wars in iraq and afghanistan.
I agree completely!

Though I don't think it will ever happen b/c, at it's most base form, it's easier for proponents of the war (mainly in the far right) to scareAmericans into thinking this war was, and still is, necessary.

Those people have their own power and grand schemes in their minds; not the safety and well-being of the American public.

Back
Top Bottom