Sixers' Iguodala Blasts Team After Loss

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/49328/20071121/sixers_iguodala_blasts_team_after_loss/

Iguodala_Andre_phi.jpg
Philly Blurbs -
Following the Sixers' listless 116-101 loss to the Gilbert Arenas-less Wizards on Tuesday night at the Verizon Center, Andre Iguodala let it be known that he's not a happy camper.

Iguodala (3-for-11, 10 points) was displeased by the performance of the Sixers (3-7), who have lost five of their last six. They trailed the Wizards by 37 points late in the third quarter.

"It's the same old thing," Iguodala said. "It's like mass confusion out there on the court. The whole game, we were never really on the same page. They played basic basketball, and we just were awful."

Iguodala pointed to the Sixers' poor spacing on offense, subpar defensive rotations and traps, and said the Sixers "[stink] in practice, too."

"We've got to do something, anything - maybe make a move," Iguodala said. "I don't know. This is getting out of hand. We've got to do something to turn things around. We're not doing a good job as players. Everybody in the organization needs to step up."

Interesting.

The new AI sounding like the old AI.
laugh.gif

Philly is definitely a mess right now.

Maybe part of his frustration is the fact that the Sixers haven't really tried to offer him a lucrative long-term deal.

And Iggy probably feels like if that's the case, then they may as well trade him now.

Can't think off the top of the head who would be a perfect fit for him though.

Its real talk...the Sixers are sucktacular...you should hear it here in Philly, they isht on them dudes nightly. But as far as the comments, AI9 followin in AIfootsteps...tell em why you mad, son lol

Maybe he should learn from Gilbert Arenas, "Quality Shots," he's shooting like trash. He could get 3-4 more FT's per game as well, he has theexplosiveness.

He's not the only one though, Miller could get 10 assists per game if he really tried hard enough. Korver does not shoot enough. Dalembert could be as goodas Chandler, but he's seemed rather lackluster..

I'd package Andre Miller with Rodney Carney to get a good scorer, let Iggy run the two, let Korver start at the three, Reggie @ 4, and then let the kidLouis Williams start, he's busting his*@%@ out there.

There are tons of players happy, the teams that are winning, ask Dwight Howard if he's happy!
laugh.gif

Is anybody in the NBA happy these days?

We need to work up a list of players who have gone to the media already this year, unhappy about their situation...

There's Kobe, Marion, Joe Johnson, Marbury, Redd, Kidd, Iggy...anybody else?

I was at the game, Andre wasn't even that nice til the end. Louis Williams and Rodney Carney need more PT though, they were playin really well. Hell, evenJason Smith should get a little more playing time.

Blatche was just killin the Sixers though. Him and Louis Williams came outta HS the same year and it looks like their 3rd year in the league is whenthey'll finally start to make a name for themselves.

he better be blasting them, because the wizards bench players BLASTED the sixers
laugh.gif

blatche was looking like the next KG out there, and NY is a young superstar
pimp.gif

trade him to toronto, where he should have gone if it weren't for babcock and his bonehead move of taking araujo

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Maybe he should learn from Gilbert Arenas, "Quality Shots," he's shooting like trash. He could get 3-4 more FT's per game as well, he has the explosiveness.

He's not the only one though, Miller could get 10 assists per game if he really tried hard enough. Korver does not shoot enough. Dalembert could be as good as Chandler, but he's seemed rather lackluster..

I'd package Andre Miller with Rodney Carney to get a good scorer, let Iggy run the two, let Korver start at the three, Reggie @ 4, and then let the kid Louis Williams start, he's busting his*@%@ out there.

There are tons of players happy, the teams that are winning, ask Dwight Howard if he's happy!
laugh.gif
I never watch the Sixers cuz my boi AI is gone...but I Dalembert always frustrated me... He has the ability to be a chander/camby type of player...whograbs every rebound and blocks every shot...but he just never does...he was young before and that was my excuse but he's been in the league long enuff nowto figure what type of player he SHOULD be...

I told you guys this was going to happen.

He's not a leader like that. At the same time, he's completely right though. I've seen four or five Sixers games this year, and for the most part,it's an offensive trainwreck -- tons of one-on-one iso that doesn't work.

Something needs to happen in Philly.

i'd love to have this dude on the raptors. i think he'd be a great fit.

he'd be fun to watch on the lakers too. kobe and iggy could be the best swing duo since mj and pip

Did I see somewhere in here that Gilbert takes quality shots?

I don't think I've ever seen Gilbert take a quality shot.

[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Dwight Howard (F/C)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Orlando Magic[/td] [td]Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy (Atlanta, GA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Okafor, Emeka Emeka Okafor (F/C)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Charlotte Bobcats (from L.A. Clippers)[sup][6][/sup][/td] [td]Connecticut[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Gordon, Ben Ben Gordon (G)[/td] [td] United States
England[sup][7][/sup][/td] [td]Chicago Bulls[/td] [td]Connecticut[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Livingston, Shaun Shaun Livingston (PG)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Los Angeles Clippers (from Charlotte)[sup][6][/sup][/td] [td]Peoria Central HS (Peoria, IL)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Harris, Devin Devin Harris (G)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Washington Wizards (traded to Dallas)[sup][8][/sup][/td] [td]Wisconsin[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Childress, Josh Josh Childress (G/F)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Atlanta Hawks[/td] [td]Stanford[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Deng, Luol Luol Deng (SF)[/td] [td] Sudan[/td] [td]Phoenix Suns (traded to Chicago)[sup][9][/sup][/td] [td]Duke[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Araújo, Rafael Rafael Araújo (C) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BYU_Cougars_men's_basketball[/td] [td] Brazil[/td] [td]Toronto Raptors[/td] [td]BYU
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Iguodala, Andre Andre Iguodala (G/F)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Philadelphia 76ers[/td] [td]Arizona[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Jackson, Luke Luke Jackson (SF)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Cleveland Cavaliers[/td] [td]Oregon[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Biedriņš, Andris Andris Biedriņš (F/C)[/td] [td] Latvia[/td] [td]Golden State Warriors[/td] [td]BK Skonto Riga (Latvia)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Swift, Robert Robert Swift (C)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Seattle SuperSonics[/td] [td]Bakersfield HS (Bakersfield, CA)[/td] [/tr][/table]

^ i know. and thats who we all wanted and thought we were gonna get. in hindsight we coula even drafted andris biedrins

trade him to toronto, where he should have gone if it weren't for babcock and his bonehead move of taking araujo

indifferent.gif
alien.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
ohwell.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

All at once.

Just to think, AI2 and Bosh... that would be exciting.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Dwight Howard (F/C)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Orlando Magic[/td] [td]Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy (Atlanta, GA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Okafor, Emeka Emeka Okafor (F/C)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Charlotte Bobcats (from L.A. Clippers)[sup][6][/sup][/td] [td]Connecticut[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Gordon, Ben Ben Gordon (G)[/td] [td] United States
England[sup][7][/sup][/td] [td]Chicago Bulls[/td] [td]Connecticut[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Livingston, Shaun Shaun Livingston (PG)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Los Angeles Clippers (from Charlotte)[sup][6][/sup][/td] [td]Peoria Central HS (Peoria, IL)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Harris, Devin Devin Harris (G)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Washington Wizards (traded to Dallas)[sup][8][/sup][/td] [td]Wisconsin[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Childress, Josh Josh Childress (G/F)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Atlanta Hawks[/td] [td]Stanford[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Deng, Luol Luol Deng (SF)[/td] [td] Sudan[/td] [td]Phoenix Suns (traded to Chicago)[sup][9][/sup][/td] [td]Duke[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Araújo, Rafael Rafael Araújo (C) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BYU_Cougars_men's_basketball[/td] [td] Brazil[/td] [td]Toronto Raptors[/td] [td]BYU
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Iguodala, Andre Andre Iguodala (G/F)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Philadelphia 76ers[/td] [td]Arizona[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Jackson, Luke Luke Jackson (SF)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Cleveland Cavaliers[/td] [td]Oregon[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Biedriņš, Andris Andris Biedriņš (F/C)[/td] [td] Latvia[/td] [td]Golden State Warriors[/td] [td]BK Skonto Riga (Latvia)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Swift, Robert Robert Swift (C)[/td] [td] United States[/td] [td]Seattle SuperSonics[/td] [td]Bakersfield HS (Bakersfield, CA)[/td] [/tr][/table]

This draft puzzled me the day it happened.......Araujo, Luke Jackson and Swift as lottery picks??? I remember I spit out my cereal when Araujo waspicked that high. And why the hell did the cavs need Jackson, he plays the same position as LeBron. Swift had a couple good all-star showcases so can'tblame the Sonics but cmoooon Telfair, Jameer, Al Jeff, Josh Smith were all better players at the time........

thats crazy u just looked up his shooting stats and automatically assumed he isnt helping the team any.

smh.gif

What does Iggy expect with the players on the roster? Doesn't he know that they're at a rebuilding point atm? Before Iggy speaks he should step uphimself, going 3-11 doesn't give his statement any credibility. Be more aggressive and step up.

Back
Top Bottom