Sixers' Iguodala Blasts Team After Loss

Iggy needs to seriously shut his mouth. He's not at that level yet where he can speak publicly about how bad the team is. This dude has the green lightEVERY single possession the Sixers has, and he's only averaging 17-18 PPG? Look, I really like Iggy and he has all the mechanics to become the league'snext super star but he's not aggressive enough on the offensive end. Give me AT LEAST 25 a game before you start taking shots at the team. Otherwise, takea look at yourself first. He's been turning the ball over like crazy because he tries to force these passes into the post as he drives when he can easilylay it in. STOP PASSING AND SHOOT. Andre Miller is making a better effort to score then Iggy.

"It's the same old thing," Iguodala said. "It's like mass confusion out there on the court. The whole game, we were never really on the same page. They played basic basketball, and we just were awful."

Iguodala pointed to the Sixers' poor spacing on offense, subpar defensive rotations and traps, and said the Sixers "[stink] in practice, too."

"We've got to do something, anything - maybe make a move," Iguodala said. "I don't know. This is getting out of hand. We've got to do something to turn things around. We're not doing a good job as players. Everybody in the organization needs to step up."

seems like he said "we" so that would include himself. and since when is shooting the only aspect of a basketball game.
Dude is trying to be a leader and people got something to say about his shooting percentage.
laugh.gif

maybe if they got proper spacing, shots would be alot easier for everyone.

who else is supposed to make these statements besides Andre? dalembert ... please
tired.gif

^ Gunna's right. Its Andres team. Someone had to step up and say something. Fitting it would be Andre

Gunna,

I feel you and I'm a big fan of Iggy but what has this dude proven? I understand he says WE but do you think that he's proven enough on the court tosay that? Let's start off with what HE can do better to help the team. He's supposedly the leader of this team, yet Andre Miller, a pass first pointguard mind you, is averaging about ONE shot less than Iggy this season. So what does that say about Iggy's aggressiveness? Not much. Until Iggy is outthere doing all that he can do, then I won't mind him calling out the team and franchise. Until then, shut up, step up and BALL.

I feel that the way he uses WE, he's excluding himself. Had he said, "There's a lot of things I need to improve on....," then go on to saythey need to play better team ball, then I'd be cool. But as an obvious critic of HIS team, not once does he mention what HE has to do better as theLEADER. Aren't you the one who's supposed to make the team play better? So is he not calling himself out as a leader?

who else is supposed to make these statements besides Andre? dalembert ... please
If Dalembert said something like this I'd ignore it. But since Iggy IS the leader of this team, I will be critical of his points andstatements. You feel me on that? It's hard to explain but I'm giving him the respect of being the leader, I'm just questioning his leadership roleon the court.

Back
Top Bottom