SJU Redmen official season thread.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by The Wizard

im interested to see what Dwight Hardy does..

used to kill us in hs.

but let's go Johnnies.
Best shooter on the team and quite possibly one of the best shooters in the Big East.

This thread caught me by surprise by the way
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Switching to the system of dress uni's mid season.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

LEGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Btw, where did you hear this?

Get back to this at least and I'll be happy.

43b35a42e0505f8b0e96d0f7dcbca90a3bc06f4.gif

how did booth look yesterday?????

Not too good. 0 assists, 2 TOs. But he did have the game winning FTs.

Ok there are misconceptions flying around in this thread.

First of all - Omari Lawrence has played GREAT in the 2 games so far. He is so sound fundamentally already, and his work ethic is tremendous and he is reallyunselfish. Dwight Hardy's offensive game has been surprising. Everyone said he was good coming out of JUCO but I did not think he would be this good, thisearly. He knows how to find his own shot and can really put the ball in the hoop. He needs to improve his handles. Justin Brownlee is my favorite new comer. Heis well rounded as well and can do it all. Stith only played like 4 minutes vs St. Bonaventure and had 4 pts. Hopefully he plays the point like everyone sayshe will.

This team has great potential. Just cause they only won by 1 point against Bonny doesnt mean this is a bad team. Bonny is not a bad player, and Nicholson is agreat player, GREAT. Watch out for him, he could be NBA Draft material down the road. I have a feeling about this team, the pieces are in place, just gotta putit together.

Good to see a decent following of the team on NT. The team really only needs one thing to be good and thats discipline. Basketball is definitely not the numberone thing on the mind of most of the players, which is incredible since they pretty much get walk throughs in all their classes. I dont see any of them playinggood enough to be given any true recognition especially coming out of the big east. Ive been looking forward to the chance of watching the johnnies make a bidin the tourney while being here but its as hopeless as waiting for the knicks to make a run in the playoffs. Im not even a fan of the soccer team but right nowthats all we got
grin.gif
, hopefully we can atleast upset atleast one of the BigEast powerhouses this year and make a run in the NIT.

I just came back from the STJ press conference for the pregame with Brown. Ron Roberts officially signed his Letter of Intent.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

This team has great potential. Just cause they only won by 1 point against Bonny doesnt mean this is a bad team. Bonny is not a bad player, and Nicholson is a great player, GREAT. Watch out for him, he could be NBA Draft material down the road. I have a feeling about this team, the pieces are in place, just gotta put it together.
pimp.gif

i was at the game in Rochester (big St. Bona fan). you guys had no answer for Andrew. he dominated down low (baby hook, after baby hook...). it's scarythat he's only a sophomore. NBA bound, no doubt about it. you're also right about Bona not being a bad team. i expect the Bonnies to make a huge jumptowards the top of the A-10 this year.

the game was a BATTLE all night long. unfortunately it ended in heartbreaking fashion. i believe the Bonnies were the better team, but 3 pt shooting was thedifference.

just wanted to brag a bit... good luck in your quest to get back to respectability in the Big East! i see no reason why St. John's won't be a problemin the Big East this year, especially once Mason gets back. the Bonnies and Johnnie's are both on the rise in their respective conferences.

^ I wish I knew you were at the game, I would have gotten in touch with you to get your perspective for my show and all that. Anyway yea Nicholson is amonster, and STJ will have a problem with any big guy who uses their strength downlow to score.

Today we play Brown, should be an easy victory. Has to be a statement game, blow out game where multiple players are in double figures. I want to see SeanEvans and Justin Burrell in the action and early. They have to show that they can dominate, this is the perfect team to do it against.

Brown got destroyed by 25+ via Rhode Island on Wednesday.

Take care of business today Johnnies.

eek.gif
this true? I need some new b-ball shorts....I haven't bought any St. John's apparrel since they got dropped from JB...

DoubleJs07 wrote:

eek.gif
this true? I need some new b-ball shorts....I haven't bought any St. John's apparrel since they got dropped from JB...

Man, you know I've been lurking. Come up off them shorts NAO.

976capture_friday02.jpg

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

eek.gif

Wearing them as I type this.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

DoubleJs07 wrote:

eek.gif
Man, you know I've been lurking. Come up off them shorts NAO.

976capture_friday02.jpg

roll.gif
u killin me w. the deebo...
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Los Yankees

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

eek.gif

pimp.gif

They selling em in the store? I might pick em up Monday.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

How do you beat Brown by 3?
*sigh*

I mean, a win is a win right?

UCONN struggled with Hofstra and William & Mary, so I would say that's even worse than this.

Temple and Siena next week, we'll see where we are then. Temple almost knocked off Allen's Hoyas
nerd.gif

pimp.gif

Explain.. I need these like a crack fiend.

Yall play both Siena and Temple?

And we just played Temple, and Siena plays Temple tonight.

very odd for me
laugh.gif

ok so I was at the game...there were 3 positives from the night

1. Dwight Hardy. His offensive game is so impressive.

2. DJ Kennedy is consistently the offensive leader on this team. NBA potential if he keeps up his hard work.

3. Sean Evans' free throws. Really did well hitting at the line. The whole team did a better job, 18-20

the rest is bad. Brown sucks. They have a team full of white boys...who are short and just chuck 3's. They hit so many 3's it was terrible. It was alsothe worst officiating ive ever seen in a game, we - the fans - were about to riot. Norm at the end of the game instead of the line up to shake hands he chaseddown the refs and yelled at them. Paris was not involved at all, 6 shots. Coach Roberts kept subbing players like a hockey game, he needs to stop that. I hopethis was just a bad game and we play better against Siena and Temple. We can beat those teams if we play solid defense, which we havent been for 3 games.

the uniforms have not been revealed to my knowledge as of yet...ill keep my eye out for it and ask some of the people in charge about it

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

ok so I was at the game...there were 3 positives from the night

1. Dwight Hardy. His offensive game is so impressive.

2. DJ Kennedy is consistently the offensive leader on this team. NBA potential if he keeps up his hard work.

3. Sean Evans' free throws. Really did well hitting at the line. The whole team did a better job, 18-20

the rest is bad. Brown sucks. They have a team full of white boys...who are short and just chuck 3's. They hit so many 3's it was terrible. It was also the worst officiating ive ever seen in a game, we - the fans - were about to riot. Norm at the end of the game instead of the line up to shake hands he chased down the refs and yelled at them. Paris was not involved at all, 6 shots. Coach Roberts kept subbing players like a hockey game, he needs to stop that. I hope this was just a bad game and we play better against Siena and Temple. We can beat those teams if we play solid defense, which we havent been for 3 games.
He's probably one of the hardest workers in college, but I don't think he has the physical ability to play in the NBA. He just seems to bea step too slow.

Back
Top Bottom