Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

** I will update this thread as much as possible. When I have a new story or rumor I will post the pg number in the title.****

I thought we could use this thread to post rumors of player and coach movements this off season

A source close to the situation called Marcus Camby the most likely of Denver's five big-salaried players (Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, Kenyon Martin and Nene being the others) to be traded. Sure, the Nuggets would rather deal Martin or Nene than Camby, but many consider them untradeable. Rocky Mountain News

Camby, who has two years left on his contract, could help the Nuggets clear some money off their bloated payroll. And he could bring back a package of solid young prospects and/or draft choices. Camby would have value to a team believing it needs a big man to a take a big step in the playoffs. And his contract is reasonable. Rocky Mountain News

Camby has a base salary of $8 million next season, with possible incentives that could reach $3.79 million. In 2009-10, he has a base salary of $7.65 million and incentives that could reach $3.725 million. Among his incentives each season are $500,000 total if he plays in 50-54 games, $1 million total for 55-59, $1.5 million total for 60-64 and $2 million total for 65 or over. Rocky Mountain News

Camby last season earned $3.25 million for total incentives, $2 million for games and $1.25 million for statistical bonuses that only kick in if he averages 10 or more points. Due to averaging less than 10 this season, the only bonuses he got on top of his $8 million base salary were $2 million for games played. That's still a $4 additional hit for the Nuggets when one considers the dollar-for-dollar luxury tax. Rocky Mountain News

General manager Sam Presti said emphatically today that coach P.J. Carlesimo will return next season. He tried to dance around the question as he did two weeks, but finally when asked point blank if PJ will be back, he replied: "Absolutely." It's pretty hard to read between those lines. During a season-ending meeting with reporters on April 17, Presti dodged three questions about Carlesimo's tenure, which led to rampant unsusbstantiated speculation that the team would make a coaching change. Seattle Times

Knicks president Donnie Walsh made preliminary contact with Avery Johnson yesterday to express interest in interviewing the fired Mavericks coach and is also monitoring the Suns' situation with Mike D'Antoni that could be resolved by the weekend, according to sources. D'Antoni has a meeting today with owner Robert Sarver and GM Steve Kerr and a decision on his future could be known by tomorrow. The rift between D'Antoni and Kerr likely will lead to the Suns coach moving on, whether he resigns, is fired or reaches a buyout. NY Post

League tampering rules prohibit teams from contacting or talking about another team's personnel, but an NBA source said Detroit's Flip Saunders is believed to be a coach the Mavericks would have interest in should he part ways with the Pistons after the team's playoff run. Dallas Morning News

I wonder who makes the move for camby?

I would love to have Camby on the Warriors. His interior help defense and rebounding would help the Warriors immensely... plus he can run the floor. I know theWarriors have a lot of money coming off the books this offseason... most of it would be to sign Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, and Baron Davis to contractextensions... I wonder how much will be left to fill our bench and maybe make a run for Camby?
nerd.gif

I could see Camby fitting in in GS. I don't think he would slow them down too much, he could protect the paint, get some boards, outlets and all that. Heeven hits that 15 footer on of penetration. Ellis and Davis could feed him all day with their drives.

I hope it doesn't happen.
laugh.gif

I'd love the Warriors to make a pitch for Camby and his 2 yrs contract.

8 mil + bonus for a double double big man + block shots which the Warriors SORELY need.

Mullin needs to be on the phone ASAP.

Do it Mullin!
laugh.gif

I could see it now...

PG Davis
SG Ellis
SF Jackson
PF Andris with Wright coming off the bench? Maybe Wright starts and Andris off the bench?
C Camby/Andris

Remember, Andris plays well off the bench and doesn't complain about starting which is always nice.

Do it Mullin!!!

Remember, Andris plays well off the bench and doesn't complain about starting which is always nice.

This is what I like about over-sea's players. I know Jose does the same thing. They dont care about playtime, or starting; they just care about winning.

Anyway, Camby would definately fit Golden State. However, he should come to Toronto, where it all started
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

This is what I like about over-sea's players. I know Jose does the same thing. They dont care about playtime, or starting; they just care about winning.

Anyway, Camby would definately fit Golden State. However, he should come to Toronto, where it all started
smile.gif

That's where Camby would fit in also, in Toronto.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

how in the world is Nene untradable?

I have no idea. They say K-Mart and his history of injuries is untradable too
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Makes no sense to me... but oh well... if Camby is indeed tradebait, then I say we (GS) bite on it.

Its not even that he would be a fit; he is something we NEED. A rebounder, someone solid on D. Someone that can grab boards out of no-where. He is the perfectfit for our needs...

Joey + Rasho + Chuckfino. Do it Brian.

Its not even that he would be a fit; he is something we NEED. A rebounder, someone solid on D. Someone that can grab boards out of no-where. He is the perfect fit for our needs...

I could say the same thing for the Warriors
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Its not even that he would be a fit; he is something we NEED. A rebounder, someone solid on D. Someone that can grab boards out of no-where. He is the perfect fit for our needs...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
... So its the debate of staying in the US, or going up North.

damnit, it aint happening now...
laugh.gif

I'd take Camby, since he has what, 2 years left on his contract?

But I don't want to give the house away for him either....

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
... So its the debate of staying in the US, or going up North.

damnit, it aint happening now...
laugh.gif

VC didn't want to live in Toronto, but that's on him... Toronto is a great city... I hope to visit it one day.

I don't think that GSW could get the salaries right for Camby.

Although, I'd ship Josh Howard, Erick Dampier, and Jason Kidd for AI+Camby.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't think that GSW could get the salaries right for Camby.

Although, I'd ship Josh Howard, Erick Dampier, and Jason Kidd for AI+Camby.
laugh.gif

We can work something out... remember you guys and Keith Van Horn?
laugh.gif

Yeah, and I'm still willing to swap Harrington for my left testicle.
roll.gif

The only thing realistically that can happen is for a S&T to take place, I'm sure they'd be looking for expirings though. Unless of course theywant Harrington, in which case I'd do that immediately. Harrington in a Denver jersey?
pimp.gif

Martin and Nene are untradeable because of their bloated contracts, and nobody is stupid enough to take on their bloated contracts.

Dude, everybody wants Harrington. I wish the Warriors had Chris Quinn too
pimp.gif
. We'd package a deal (though I'm apprehensive) of Quinn and Harrington,to any team and whatever GM to turn that down would be out of their mind.
laugh.gif

Warriors

Outgoing Players:

Al Harrington
Chris Quinn

Incoming Players:

Kobe Bryant
LeBron James

Cleveland

Outgoing Players:

LeBron James

Incoming:

Al Harrington

LA Lakers

Outgoing Players:

Kobe Bryant

Incoming Players:

Chris Quinn

pimp.gif

w's don't need marcus camby, what about patrick o'bryant?
laugh.gif

please make a pitch for camby!!!

Being series, on RealGM there's an article on the main page that states that the Mavericks want D'Antoni as the next head coach if he were to becomeavailable.

Back
Top Bottom