Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Being series, on RealGM there's an article on the main page that states that the Mavericks want D'Antoni as the next head coach if he were to become available.

So the mavs went from Nellie, to Avery, to basically another Nellie (e.g. going small, run and gun, no defense, and short bench).

I personally would hate to see D'Antoni coach in Dallas.
smh.gif

how in the world is Nene untradable?
Who is going to take a guy that has played less than 82 games over the last 3 years, coming off surgery to remove a tumor, that's signed for10+ million for the next 4 years? Talk about a risky investment... Add to the fact that he wasn't really more than a league average option as a starting PFbefore all the injury situations sprung up, and you're not exactly looking at a guy people are breaking the doors down to bring in...

Denver is stuck with that contract until Nene can prove he can stay healthy and productive over the course of a full season...

^^ala Allan Houston...and that never plays out well. The Nuggets will have to swallow that contract.

Warriors

Outgoing Players:

Al Harrington
Chris Quinn

Incoming Players:

Kobe Bryant
LeBron James

Cleveland

Outgoing Players:

LeBron James

Incoming:

Al Harrington

LA Lakers

Outgoing Players:

Kobe Bryant

Incoming Players:

Chris Quinn

pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

Being series, on RealGM there's an article on the main page that states that the Mavericks want D'Antoni as the next head coach if he were to become available.

That would be hilarious.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Who is going to take a guy that has played less than 82 games over the last 3 years, coming off surgery to remove a tumor, that's signed for 10+ million for the next 4 years? Talk about a risky investment... Add to the fact that he wasn't really more than a league average option as a starting PF before all the injury situations sprung up, and you're not exactly looking at a guy people are breaking the doors down to bring in...

Denver is stuck with that contract until Nene can prove he can stay healthy and productive over the course of a full season...

Yeap, the Nuggets are going to have to eat Nene's contract until its up. I wouldn't mind seeing Camby go if the Nuggets can get a decent pointguard for him.

Warriors to get Camby!!!
pimp.gif

JapAir's heart/lungs/testes for Al Harrington.
Then swap JapAir's testes/heart to Denver for Camby. Problem solved
pimp.gif

Any one who thinks anyone other than Andrea Bargnani will be the starting C for the Raptors has no idea who Bryan Colangelo is.

I haven't really heard anything about it yet, but what happens in PHX if D'Antoni leaves? Who's next there?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sources: Ex-Pacers, Pistons coach Carlisle interviews for Mavs' job[/h1]
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(
Archive)

Updated: May 2, 2008, 7:50 PM ET

Former Indiana Pacers and Detroit Pistons coach Rick Carlisle was the first person to interview for the Dallas Mavericks' coaching vacancy, meeting Thursday with Mavericks president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson according to NBA front-office sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that Mavs owner Mark Cuban was not scheduled to participate in Carlisle's first interview for the job.

ESPN.com reported Thursday that Nelson was Cuban's first choice to succeed Avery Johnson as coach, but club sources say Nelson does not want to leave his personnel post and Cuban will not try to force Nelson to reconsider. In an interview Thursday with ESPN Radio's Dallas affiliate [KESN 103.3 FM], Nelson did not dispute the idea that the job would already be his if he wanted it but also insisted, "I think there's better candidates out there."

Sources say Dallas also has an interest in interviewing Jeff Van Gundy, who, like Carlisle, has been working as a TV analyst for ESPN since his last coaching job. But Van Gundy reiterated Friday he's "not interested in coaching anywhere [next season] due to family reasons." Van Gundy added that the Mavericks have not contacted him, but it is well known in Mavericks circles that Cuban is a Van Gundy fan and vice versa.

Nelson told The Dallas Morning News in Friday's editions that the Mavs would "show some patience in our search because, after the first round, there could be some very good candidates available."

Phoenix's Mike D'Antoni, Detroit's Flip Saunders and Washington's Eddie Jordan have all been mentioned as Dallas candidates under those circumstances, although there have been no indications that either Saunders or Jordan is facing an immediate threat to their current jobs.

'Antoni was scheduled to meet with Suns president Steve Kerr and owner Robert Sarver on Friday, with D'Antoni's departure from the Suns widely expected. ESPN.com reported Friday that Chicago is D'Antoni's most likely landing spot if he leaves the Suns, although Dallas and the New York Knicks have strong interest as well.

Carlisle, meanwhile, also interviewed with the Knicks and new team president Donnie Walsh this week, according to a Friday report by the New York Post's Peter Vecsey. Another ESPN analyst -- former Knicks guard Mark Jackson -- remains the consensus favorite to land the Knicks' job.

Forecasting the outcome of the search for Johnson's successor in Dallas, however, is considerably tougher. For all of Cuban's perceived volatility, this is the first time he has fired a coach and the first time he is considering external candidates.

Cuban inherited Don Nelson as a coach when he assumed ownership control of the Mavs in January 2000 and ultimately gave Nelson two contract extensions after they hit it off in those first few months together. Cuban then targeted Johnson as Nelson's replacement when Johnson was still a player and assistant coach, repeatedly observing Johnson's ability to lead and motivate from his daily seat in close proximity to the Dallas bench. Don Nelson, furthermore, asked out more than he was pushed out in March 2005.

But giving this big job to someone he knows that well, as he likes to do in all of his businesses, doesn't seem possible for Cuban this time. Not unless Donnie Nelson -- formerly a hot-shot coaching prospect before his full-time move to the front office when Johnson took over as head coach -- unexpectedly changes his mind and asks for his clipboard back.

"My job is to get the best guy that we can get out there," Donnie Nelson said in his radio interview. "I'm on the list. I'm just the last guy and hopefully it doesn't get to that. ... I'm saying we'd have to get through a very, very long list in order for [Donnie Nelson to coach the team] and don't look for it to happen."

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

It doesn't always mean because they are so valuable, nowadays, it also means that no one will take him or his contract is too big.

After selecting Dwyane Wade at the top of the 2003 draft, the Heat made repeated efforts to acquire a pick later in the first round to select Josh Howard. It is a gambit Pat Riley has confirmed on numerous occasions. Now, Josh Howard is expected to be dangled as distressed property. If nothing else, Riley, over the years, has emerged as a king of foreclosures (Tim Hardaway, Shaquille O'Neal and, yes, Mashburn). Howard earned $9.5 million this past season, is due $10.4 million next season, with two additional seasons beyond that. While there are some cap clauses that complicate matters, Dallas finds itself backed into a corner. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

It is a deal that could be done immediately. And we know the teams talk, considering the Heat was offered Jason Terry and Erick Dampier before the trading deadline for O'Neal. But at what price? Udonis Haslem and another player? Shawn Marion and taking someone else back? Some sort of sign-and-trade deal in July that includes a Ricky Davis or Jason Williams? The Heat liked Howard once. Who's to say, even after all that's transpired the past week, it still doesn't? South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Howard to Miami thing sounds like wishful thinking. Miami has few assets and Dallas can still get more for Master Chief.

I know there's a lot of Mavs fans on here, and I seriously hope for your sake the interest in Flip Saunders is only a rumor. I just don't thinkhe's a championship coach. Either way you guys need a Defensive-minded coach rather than the run-and-gun you've had for years. The other exhibit inthis argument is the Suns.

Please please please Danny Ferry pull a miracle and get Marcus Camby! Sasha Pavlovic and Dwayne Jones for Camby?

I'm jk with the trade idea so I'll tell everybody in advance to calm down.

i'd wanna see Camby on the Knicks...get rid of Curry and pair him with Randolph down low. their styles of play could co exist.

i cant even believe Nene and Martin's contracts
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Carlisle was a good pickup even if he has the personality of a paperweight

Back
Top Bottom