Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by Bigtomdawg

Deng is the real deal. the second best high school player after lebron that year
the third best player behind lebron and chris paul, unless you mean back then.
yea i think he means back then

singletary getting waived ?
smh.gif
drop CJ watson and pick him up do it mullin!!!

Oh, and I think if the Knicks move Marbury, it'll only be for contract that are 2 years or less, since 2010 is when we have a bunch of contracts expiring.I wouldn't be completely against that.

I think Walsh is smart enough not to trade a $20 million expiring for longer contracts when goal #1 for him is getting under the cap.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Oh, and I think if the Knicks move Marbury, it'll only be for contract that are 2 years or less, since 2010 is when we have a bunch of contracts expiring. I wouldn't be completely against that.

I think Walsh is smart enough not to trade a $20 million expiring for longer contracts when goal #1 for him is getting under the cap.
You're right. I'm just so used to the Knicks doing the WRONG thing that I'm barely giving Walsh a chance. I'll reserve judgment untilan official move is announced.

the suns are pathetic.... they basically looking for any scraps.... barnes, tyron lue, childress, etc...

The only player they got to look forward to is amare and he is the most selfish player in the league...

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Deng gets $70 million?!

Man, teams just love tying themselves up long term financially, huh?

deng is worth $70 mil in today's market. dude has the poential to get 20 ppg, rebound, and defend. and he's still very young and improving. 6 yrsfor 70 mil is a steal believe it or not.

SHUGES, I said the exact same thing when I heard Donnie was looking to trade Marbury, until someone told me what I just posted, so I know exactly whereyou're coming from.

I've been conditioned to think worst case scenario with the Knicks.
laugh.gif

the suns are pathetic.... they basically looking for any scraps.... barnes, tyron lue, childress, etc...

The only player they got to look forward to is amare and he is the most selfish player in the league...
The Suns are pathetic because they're looking for role players to fill out their roster?

Good call.

SHUGES, I said the exact same thing when I heard Donnie was looking to trade Marbury, until someone told me what I just posted, so I know exactly whereyou're coming from.

I've been conditioned to think worst case scenario with the Knicks.
laugh.gif

Any other rocket fan think we might regret trading greene? Like if he turns out to be great like rudy gay

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Any other rocket fan think we might regret trading greene? Like if he turns out to be great like rudy gay

T-Mac, Yao and Shane aren't getting any younger. The time to win is now.

Come 2010, if the Rockets haven't done anything of significance, they're gonna blow up this team anyway, and start from scratch.

2010, only Shane and Yao (player option) are on the books. The Rockets will have serious cap room with T-Mac walking, or getting some players back with asign and trade.

And the Rockets are not going to get AI. The proposed rumor deal yesterday, before Artest, was Shane, Rafer and Jackson, I believe.

Also, Deng gambled by not resigning last year, and lucked out big time with this contract. Ben Gordon is kicking himself.

A source close to the Kings said Tuesday a trade has been agreed upon sending Ron Artest to Houston for former Kings point guard Bobby Jackson, first-round draft pick Donte Greene, next season's first-round pick and cash considerations of approximately $1 million. The deal, the source said, cannot be finalized until Aug. 14 because of the nature of Greene's contract. A Rockets official who requested anonymity because of the private nature of trade talks said of the likely deal: "It feels very done to me." Sacramento Bee

A second source close to the Kings said second-round draft picks Sean Singletary and Patrick Ewing Jr. could be sent to Houston as a means to keep the Kings under the luxury tax threshold ($71 million). Both players have partially guaranteed contracts that aren't fully guaranteed until the regular season begins. That element of the deal, however, could be handled with different pieces as well. Sacramento Bee

Reached by phone Tuesday afternoon, Jackson - who will earn $6.09 million in the final season of his contract - said he had just been told of the likely trade. "I got wind of it, but it's not done yet," said Jackson, the point guard who was a fan favorite with the Kings from 2000 to 2005. "It's a possibility. I don't know yet." Sacramento Bee

While Artest repeatedly had stated his desire to remain with the Kings, the organization was not interested in signing him to a long-term deal. Artest, however, had been given a different impression. On July 1, he requested a conference call with his agent and Petrie in which he - according to sources with knowledge of the talks - expressed his desire for a maximum contract. He was informed that he was not in the team's long-term plans. Its plan was to further the youth movement. Sacramento Bee

The Orlando Magic will soon try to re-sign center Adonal Foyle, adding another big man after waiving little-used power forward James Augustine on Tuesday. Magic General Manager Otis Smith said he would like Foyle to return and would speak to his agent, Lon Babby, in the next few days. "Adonal's a big body; he knows how to play," Smith said. "We'll see where it goes." Augustine's release was not a surprise, considering he seldom played and the club is looking to maximize its budget. Orlando Sentinel

Smith said he wants to add a third point guard and added the club could go with just 14 players. Most teams carry 15. "We tried to do that last year, go with 14, but then Tony [Battie] got hurt," Smith said of Battie, who missed the season. Orlando Sentinel

The Bulls and forward Luol Deng are expected to finalize a six-year, $71 million contract today, with a formal signing likely Thursday. A source familiar with the negotiations said talks accelerated when Deng's agent, Jason Levien, flew to town Tuesday to meet with Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf and general manager John Paxson. The sides worked until about 8 p.m. and are expected back at the Berto Center today to go over details. Chicago Sun-Times

The new deal for Deng, a restricted free agent, includes incentives that could increase the total value to $80 million. That tops the five-year, $50 million deal Deng said he turned down at the start of last season. Deng had set Monday as a deadline to get a deal done because he is scheduled to leave for the European Championships, where he will play for the British team. Chicago Sun-Times

The deal is worth $71 million over six years, according to a league source. With incentives, it could grow to $80 million over the life of the contract. Deng's lead negotiator, Jason Levien, said two weeks ago that once Deng left the country, they planned to cease talks with the Bulls. Deng's camp felt negotiations had carried on long enough. If they couldn't make a deal by the time Deng went to England, Levien might ask the Bulls to work out a sign-and-trade deal. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

Though nothing has been signed yet, Deng postponed his flight to London and expects to attend a news conference announcing the contract later this week, most likely on Thursday. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

The Bulls are concerned about not paying the luxury tax and once Deng's deal becomes official, with a first-year salary of $9.4 million, they will have less than $8 million to work with next season before hitting the luxury tax threshold. If the Bulls do re-sign Gordon, they would face a crowded backcourt with Gordon, first-round draft pick Derrick Rose, Kirk Hinrich, Larry Hughes and Thabo Sefolosha. One of those players - most likely Gordon, Hinrich or Hughes - figures to be moved before the season begins. Arlington Heights Daily Herald

The Bulls remain far apart in negotiations with guard Ben Gordon, also a restricted free agent. Gordon's agent, Raymond Brothers, has told the Bulls that Gordon should be the highest-paid player on the team because he has led the team in scoring each of the last three seasons. Gordon averaged 18.6 points last season, down from a career-high 21.4 in 2006-07. Chicago Sun-Times

Gordon also has strongly considered signing the team's qualifying offer of $6.4 million for next season, after which he would be an unrestricted free agent. Chicago Sun-Times

Bobcats: Sometime soon, Okafor will sign a six-year, $72million contract. There will be smiles and back-slaps all around, but this sidesteps a calamity. Okafor wondered if he should remain a Charlotte Bobcat. Last fall he politely turned down a different contract offer - shorter term but also in the $12million-per-year range. Looking to prove he was worth more, he suffered through an awful coach, Sam Vincent, who messed with his head, and still averaged a double-double. Charlotte Observer

Robert "Tractor" Traylor, a former Michigan and NBA player who is serving time in a halfway house for preparing a false tax return, will ask a federal judge today to amend his probation conditions so he can try out for the Lakers. In September, U.S. District Judge Avern Cohn sentenced Traylor, 31, to three years of probation -- to include three months in a federal halfway house -- after Traylor recorded as his own two homes that were owned by his cousin, convicted drug kingpin Quasand Lewis. Detroit News

But when Traylor got a chance this week to try out for the Lakers, his probation officer denied him permission to leave his halfway house and make the trip. Traylor's Detroit attorney, Steve Fishman, filed a motion Tuesday asking Cohn to overrule the probation officer, saying the judge "clearly intended to give Mr. Traylor the opportunity to obtain an NBA contract and continue his professional basketball career." Detroit News

On Tuesday, Donaghy was sentenced to 15 months in prison for his role in triggering a scandal that raised suspicions about the integrity of the league's officiating. "Like Gerald Ford once said: 'Our long national nightmare is over.' The NBA's long national nightmare is over," said Williams, former general manager of the Magic. Donaghy pleaded guilty last year to taking payoffs and placing bets on games in a scheme with two friends that covered about 40 games during the 2006 and 2007 seasons. Prosecutors said Donaghy, 41, made up to $30,000 a year for providing game tips. The two former high school classmates of Donaghy each was sentenced last week to a little more than a year in prison. Orlando Sentinel

Monta Ellis gave his first public interview since signing a six-year, $66 million contract with the Warriors last week, and he was hardly the shy kid they drafted in 2005 out of Lanier High School in Jackson, Miss. He seemed comfortable in his first appearance as the franchise's premier player. Still, hold off on crowning him king, he requests. "I have to do more, but it's not just me out there on the basketball court," Ellis said Tuesday from the Warriors practice facility. "It's me and four other guys. I'm just going to go to my coaches, my veteran guys, and we'll all try to lift this team. "I'm not trying to put anything on my back or try to put more on me, because it's not MY TEAM. We don't have Monta across the jersey. It's the Warriors." Contra Costa Times

With Jason Kidd, Richard Jefferson, and Marcus Williams shipped off in trades, and veteran forwards Nenad Krstic and Bostjan Nachbar signing lucrative deals to play in Russia, coach Lawrence Frank will have to play his youngsters. First-round picks Brook Lopez and Ryan Anderson and second-round choice Chris Douglas-Roberts are eager to move into the rotation. "I think we'll be really young and we have a lot of guys that are willing to get their feet wet and get some experience," Lopez said yesterday at the NBA Rookie Photo Shoot at the Knicks training facility in Tarrytown. NY Post

The Nets tried to beat the Tuesday midnight deadline and work a deal. They had concrete offers, but losing Krstic left them at 15 contracts and they did not want to take anything back in terms of players. Chicago and Memphis were definitely in the mix. "We had a couple things that were relatively close," Thorn said. "But it just didn't get done. In some instances, we would have had to take back (a contract) that we didn't want." NY Post

The Pistons are about to sign former No. 1 overall pick Kwame Brown, and I think a lot of fans are scratching their heads on this one. Some are scratching as hard as they possibly can in an attempt to remove their brains. They don't particularly care for Brown. Ah, who am I kidding? They hate him and everything he represents. They think he was handed NBA millions before he earned them, that he copped an attitude when things didn't go his way, that his talent was overrated when he went No. 1 overall, and that he set the Wizards and the Lakers back with his mere presence. Detroit Free Press

Pistons president Joe Dumars declared in June that he would try to shake up his core. Well, Dumars has been shaking for weeks now, and Chauncey Billups, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Wallace and McDyess are still together. I knew those guys were close, but I didn't realize they were stuck to each other. Detroit Free Press

I still firmly believe that Dumars' first choice is to trade Billups. But if Brown plays well, the Pistons can look at trading one of their big guys, probably Wallace. As the trade deadline approaches next season, Wallace's value likely will increase. His contract is up next summer, and NBA teams salivate over big, expiring contracts. Detroit Free Press

Yesterday, Stefanski, the 76ers' general manager, officially announced the signing of shooting guard Kareem Rush. While the Sixers, per team policy, did not disclose terms of the agreement, a source familiar with the negotiations said Rush signed a minimum-level contract, which, for a player such as Rush, credited with six years of service in the NBA, would be $998,398. Rush made $770,610 last season with the Pacers. He is now the 10th player under contract for the Sixers this season. The addition of the 6-foot-6 Rush, who is known as a solid outside shooter, fills a gaping hole in the Sixers' arsenal. During the 2007-08 season, the 76ers were worst in the league from beyond the arc, shooting 31.7 percent. Philadelphia Inquirer

Now, attention turns to re-signing guard/forward Andre Iguodala and guard Louis Williams, both restricted free agents. A source close to the Iguodala negotiations said yesterday that the 76ers and Iguodala's representative were working to reach a deal. Philadelphia Inquirer

Timberwolves forward Ryan Gomes' new contract will keep him stocked with diapers and with the team for at least two seasons and as many as the next five. A month after he and his wife, Danielle, welcomed their first child, Gomes on Friday agreed with the team on a contract he signed Tuesday. The team announced his signing at Farview Recreation Center in north Minneapolis, where he and his Hoops for Heart Health Foundation donated a heart defibrillator last winter. The contract guarantees him $7.3 million -- $3.5 million this coming season, $3.8 million in 2009-2010 -- for the next two seasons. Minneapolis Star Tribune

Kobe Bryant, who lives for one-on-one challenges, went at it with former Trojan and soon-to-be Memphis Grizzlies rookie O.J. Mayo, a member of the U.S. Select team, last week in Las Vegas. "Kobe completely shut him down in the beginning," said U.S. managing director Jerry Colangelo. "But the longer they went, the better Mayo got." Bryant already knew Mayo, who attended his camp last summer, and already thought highly of him. LA Times

Kobe Bryant, who has been playing with a torn ligament between the fourth and fifth fingers on his right hand since February, says he will have surgery soon after he returns from the Olympics in China. "I'm definitely set on surgery," he said. "As soon as I get back, we'll talk about it, do it, get ready for the season. "I've heard three weeks, four weeks, five weeks. I heal pretty easy. I'm taking care of it, doing therapy, I should be back in no time." LA Times
As expected the Knicks waived Taurean Green and Bobby Jones, the two players they received Monday from Denver for Renaldo Balkman. NY Daily News

Dwyane Wade said today that he is "angry," and plans to play that way in the upcoming Beijing Olympics. The Miami Heat guard said he is angry about those who have questioned his fitness, those who debate his value to the U.S. team, and those who equate the Heat's drop in the standings to a supposed decline in his ability at age 26. "That's going to be like that probably all year, for a while, just that anger, that focus of getting back to total respect," he said this morning by phone before joining his Olympic teammates at practice in Macau, China. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Dwyane Wade said today that he is "angry," and plans to play that way in the upcoming Beijing Olympics. The Miami Heat guard said he is angry about those who have questioned his fitness, those who debate his value to the U.S. team, and those who equate the Heat's drop in the standings to a supposed decline in his ability at age 26 (as well as those who continue to run tired pictures of Wade being carted off in a wheelchair). "That's going to be like that probably all year, for a while, just that anger, that focus of getting back to total respect," he said this morning by phone before joining his Olympic teammates at practice in Macau, China. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Son is gonna have a big year.

pimp.gif

[h2]Updated: Rockets ToAcquire Ron Artest[/h2]
Artest_Ron_sac_080324.jpg

Jul 29, 2008 8:27 PM EST

hou_40.gif
The HoustonRockets have reached an agreement to acquire forward Ron Artest from the Sacramento Kings, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.

The Rockets will give up guard Bobby Jackson, a No. 1 draft pick next season and another player that the individual with knowledge ofthe trade could not name.

Rookie Donte Greene is included in the deal, but since Greene has already signed a rookie contract he cannot currently betraded.

Greene is considered to be key to the trade from the King's perspective, and his status will prevent the deal from going throughuntil August 14, when he becomes eligible to be dealt.

The Rockets also are expected to acquire rookies Patrick Ewing Jr. and Sean Singletary in the deal to make the money match, but bothhave partially guaranteed contracts and are likely to be released.

The Rockets will also send the Kings cash in excess of $1 million.

Via Houston Chronicle

Houston Rockets,Sacramento Kings

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Deng Close To $70M Deal WithBulls?[/h2]
Jul 29, 2008 8:43 PM EST

chi_40.gif
Front-officesources told ESPN.com that Luol Deng and the Bulls are on the verge of completing a six-year, $70 million deal.

The Bulls slowly but surely increased their offer to a higher annual average that Deng turned down in October, when Chicago waslimited to offering him a five-year extension and presented Deng with a five-year package worth $57.5 million.

Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf intervened and personally handled the majority of the negotiations with Deng's camp as opposed to thestandard practice of Bulls general manager John Paxson serving as lead negotiator.

Via ESPN

Chicago Bulls

[h2]Morris Agrees ToTwo-Year Deal With Hawks[/h2]
Jul 30, 2008 2:19 PM EST

atl_40.gif
Randolph Morrishas agreed to a two-year contract with the Hawks, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Morris, a 6-foot-11, 270-pound center/power forward, has agreed to the NBA minimum salary, which is about $1.7 million for the twoyears.

Via Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Atlanta Hawks

[h2]Magic Want To Re-SignFoyle[/h2]
Jul 30, 2008 1:49 PM EST

orl_40.gif
The OrlandoMagic will soon try to re-sign center Adonal Foyle.

GM Otis Smith said he would like Foyle to return and would speak to his agent, Lon Babby, in the next few days. "Adonal's abig body; he knows how to play," Smith said. "We'll see where it goes."

Via Orlando Sentinel

Orlando Magic

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback BuyTickets

[h2]Pistons Sign Will Bynum[/h2]
Jul 30, 2008 1:40 PM EST

det_40.gif
The Pistons onWednesday signed Will Bynum, as reported by Yahoo.com.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

The free-agent guard averaged 10.6 points and 3.0 assists per game last season for Maccabi Tel Aviv of the Israeli League.

Via yahoo.com

Detroit Pistons

[h2]Australia Beats China,Holds Yao To 14[/h2]
Jul 30, 2008 12:57 PM EST

nba_40.gif
Australia'sdefense overwhelmed China in the Boomers' 67-55 win on Wednesday, holding Yao Ming to only 14 points in the process, the Associated Press isreporting.

The Houston Rockets center was 5-for-8 from the field in 30 minutes. Yao had few touches as Australia forced 25 turnovers.

"We have a lot to improve on in a short time, but we will do our best," Yao said.

Via ESPN

GeneralBasketball, HoustonRockets, Milwaukee Bucks

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback

[h2]Gordon Wants As Much AsDeng[/h2]
Jul 30, 2008 12:53 PM EST

chi_40.gif
Ben Gordon,sources said, is seeking a deal that is at least equal to Luol Deng's.

Deng is set to sign a $71 million contract.

That's now impossible unless the Bulls enter luxury-tax territory.

Via Chicago Tribune

Chicago Bulls

[h2]Wade Won't LetAnyone Cut His Hair Overseas[/h2]
Jul 30, 2008 12:13 PM EST

mia_40.gif
Dwyane Wade hasshaved his head and won't let his hair grow out the way Vince Carter and Gary Payton did during the Sydney Olympics of 2000.

But that doesn't mean he will let a local barber cut his hair either.

"I'm not letting nobody cut my hair overseas. I'm sorry," Wade said. "I don't want to even worry about it.I'm not trying to look pretty. I'm strictly about basketball right now."

Via Washington Post

Miami Heat

[h2]ThreeEuroleague Teams To Travel To US For NBA Preseason[/h2]
Jul 30, 2008 8:49 AM EST

euro_40.gif
The NationalBasketball Association (NBA) and Euroleague Basketball have announced that three Euroleague teams will compete in five NBA preseason games from October 10-21,2008. The five games, which are part of the Euroleague American Tour, will be played by 2008 Euroleague champion CSKA Moscow (Russia), FC Barcelona (Spain) andLietuvos Rytas (Lithuania). The teams may face up to five NBA opponents including the Golden State Warriors, the Los Angeles Lakers, the Orlando Magic, theToronto Raptors, and possibly the Los Angeles Clippers.

"These games continue our collaboration with Euroleague Basketball, as we work together to grow the game of basketball on aglobal basis," said NBA Commissioner David Stern.

The Euroleague American Tour continues a tradition of friendly competition between the NBA and Euroleague Basketball, dating back to1978 when Maccabi Tel Aviv played the Washington Bullets in Tel Aviv, Israel. Following the 2008 preseason schedule, 33 games will have been played between thetwo leagues since Euroleague Basketball was created in 2000, including 13 games during NBA Europe Live presented by EA SPORTS in 2006 and 2007.

"We value the chance to partner with NBA teams in their own arenas," Euroleague Basketball CEO Jordi Bertomeu said."There are basketball fans of all types in North America whom we plan to entertain with our own distinct playing style. We are sure they will appreciateagain that the international game has a lot to offer our sport."

The Euroleague American Tour tips off on October 10 in Orlando, Florida, when six-time Euroleague champion CSKA Moscow makes its NorthAmerican debut against the Orlando Magic. CSKA's second preseason game will take place in Toronto, Canada, when CSKA plays the Toronto Raptors on October14.

FC Barcelona play two games as part of the Preseason Shootout, hosted by the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif. The 2008 NBAWestern Conference champion Los Angeles Lakers will be Barcelona's first opponent on Oct. 18, followed by the either Los Angeles Clippers or TorontoRaptors on Oct. 19. For Barcelona, founded in 1926, the games in Los Angeles will be their first played in the United States.

ORACLE Arena in Oakland, Calif. will be the final site of the Euroleague's American Tour when the Golden State Warriors hostsLietuvos Rytas on Oct. 21. Rytas is the 2005 ULEB Cup champion and hold five Lithuanian League crowns.

For the third consecutive year, NBA teams will participate in preseason games abroad. The Miami Heat, New Jersey Nets, New OrleansHornets, and Washington Wizards will play four games in Barcelona, Berlin, London, and Paris as part of NBA Europe Live 2008.

Via Press Release

Euroleague Basketball, Golden State Warriors, New Jersey Nets, Washington Wizards

Read the Full Story Discuss SendFeedback

[h2]Suns InquiredAbout Sign And Trade For Childress[/h2]
Jul 30, 2008 5:39 AM EST

phx_40.gif
The PhoenixSuns confirmed that they did inquire about a possible sign and trade with the Hawks for forward Josh Childress before Childress left for Greece, the EastValley Tribune is reporting.

The Suns did have the $8 million trade exception from the Kurt Thomas trade with Seattle to work with (which expired on July 21), butthe deal almost certainly would have included either Leandro Barbosa or Boris Diaw in an attempt to balance the contract and keep the Suns from taking afurther luxury tax hit.

Childress' asking price was higher than the Suns anticipated, and Atlanta was cold on the idea of a sign and trade, leaving thedeal dead before it got off the ground.

Via East Valley Tribune

Phoenix Suns, Atlanta Hawks

[h2]Oklahoma City HomeOpener On October 29[/h2]
Jul 30, 2008 1:45 AM EST

okc_40.gif
Oklahoma Citywill officially begin their new era at home on October 29, but the opponent has not yet been revealed, according to a report in The Oklahoman.

The OKC franchise will play 41 home games at the Ford Center, and those dates have been reserved, including New Year'sEve.

The full schedule should be released next week.

Via The Oklahoman

Oklahoma City

Ehh, D-Wade is not a legit superstar IMO.

Maybe the media like him or something, but if Kobe/LeBron/Duncan/Melo, etc. had a team that was as bad at that team last year,
they wouldn't have seen the end of it on ESPN and the internet. True superstars don't let their team be THAT bad

Don't give me any of that tanking bs, they didn't start going into full tank mode until Pat Riley starting scouting college players instead of coachinn

this guy chris broussard just said bynum, pau and kobe is a better three than Tmac yao and artest ... i have officially heard it all from the guys espn pays totalk about sports

Back
Top Bottom