Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

I NaSmatic I:
PharelFor3:
Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

PharelFor3:
YoungTriz:
My man Zo can def retire with mad respect... he stuck it out with the heat and won his chip instead of running around from team to team... if marion doesnt get traded, im still happy with are squad this year... i want chalmers to start this year... him and wade would be fun to watch...
is this the same Zo that whined and moaned his way out of both Toronto and New Jersey after they gave him a ton of money. goodbye and good riddance.please dont let the door hit you, where the good lord split ya.
I mean, so you're against an athlete whining and moaning... but you're a Starbury fan?
laugh.gif

Starbury never whined about being stuck in a bad situaution. He got mad when they tried to bench him for garbage butthole Mardy Collins. I would be mad too if someone tried to disrespect me like that. At least he aint throw a hissy fit when Jersey aint try to re-sign overrated Kenyon martin.
minny and new jersey
nerd.gif

Thank you.
laugh.gif
PharelFor3:
dude asked for KG money in Minny and in NJ he was playing with bum $** Keith van horn and injured Kittles, Kenyon, and Rokies Richard Jefferson. I still think Kidd came in when it was a perfect storm. Unlike Mourning who flipped out whenever the situation aint suit him.
You're telling me Marbury has never flipped out when the situation didn't suit him?
eek.gif
laugh.gif

What say you, Knicks fans?
nerd.gif

And on the Kidd comment: so... you're saying Marbury played with a bunch of bums... then Kidd came in and took those bums to back-to-back Finals.

Hmmmmm... *wonders what that means in comparing Marbury and Kidd*
nerd.gif

tongue.gif

PharelFor3:
Yo Ska, I thought we left the beef alone 10 pages. lol

Nah, it's ain't 'beef'; I'm just b.s.ing, man.
happy.gif

*warned* We don't accept cussing.

smh.gif

No really though, where's Bonzi Wells, he fell off the face of the earth faster than Doug Christie.

And, you'll never win any Stephon argument, even if you're right.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

smh.gif

No really though, where's Bonzi Wells, he fell off the face of the earth faster than Doug Christie.

laugh.gif

hes a current free agent...i was thinking man we shouLd sign this guy!!!...hed be a good pickup for us as a backup for kobe!

Some news via HoopsHype

There is good news for a handful of players eligible for extensions, though. First on the list is Lakers center Andrew Bynum, who, now that he ishealthy, figures to get something close to a max deal soon. The Pistons and forward/center Jason Maxiell are in talks for an extension, too, with Detroitreportedly offering three years and $15 million. The Pacers would like to lock up Danny Granger, too, and talks remain active there. Denver ismaking progress on a deal for forward Linas Kleiza, and one source labels those talks as, "promising." Sporting News

Jamaal Tinsley trade is on hold while the Pacers and Nuggets argue over money. Denver demands $3 million to defray one-seventh of the locked-outpoint guard's 3 -year obligation. New York Post

Warriors aren't at all interested in trading Al Harrington for anyone the Knicks have their roster. New YorkPost (thank god)

The Magic are carrying four shooting guards on the roster, meaning Redick's desire for increased playing time could be severely injeopardy again. Pietrus is the starter, Lee is the prized rookie and Keith Bogans is valuable because he can play two positions. So where does thatleave Redick? Not even he's too sure. "It's always good to be noticed, but I'm not an established player and there's no point in thinkingthat I've arrived," said Redick, who asked to be traded last year in hopes of getting more playing time. "I went through that lastpreseason and played pretty well. But it doesn't seem to matter at this point. It matters Oct. 29 (the regular-season opener), and that's what I'vebeen trying to get ready for all summer. I want to try and get a spot in the rotation and I've made some positive steps, but I have a long way to go."Florida Today

The Magic have talked internally about dealing either Redick or veteran Keith Bogans. Redick could play a lot during thispreseason so the Magic could showcase him and create some market value. Orlando Sentinel

For LaFrentz, the torn labrum in his right shoulder is a sad development for a guy who has been reduced to a benchwarmer after starting formost of his career, largely due to injuries. Two years ago, a nagging calf injury reduced LaFrentz's season to a mere 27 games. And in the midst of settingcareer lows for playing time (7.5 minutes), scoring average (1.7 ppg) and rebounds (1.7 rpg) last season, LaFrentz suffered the labrum tear that will sidelinehim for most of this season, if not all of it. But for the Blazers, that injury has also turned LaFrentz into one of the most attractive trade assets on themarket this season. When he was healthy, LaFrentz was already an attractive prize to teams looking to shed salary because of his expiring $12.7 millioncontract. But the injury adds another element: LaFrentz is insured against injury, and if he misses the first 41 games (which is almost certain) theBlazers, or whatever team he is traded to by that point, will start recouping 80 percent of his per-game salary for each additional game hemisses. Columbian
So starting with game 42, LaFrentz's team would receive $124,122 back from his $155,152 per-game salary.That means a team that acquires LaFrentz before the 41st game (Jan. 19 vs. Milwaukee) could recoup as much as $5.1 million ofwhatever portion of LaFrentz's salary they take on in addition to gaining the benefits of his expiring contract. That's a combination that few othertrade assets can match, so you can expect to hear a lot about LaFrentz as trade rumors begin to circulate
It's early still. Way too early to tell anything, though the potential is certainly there. Players coming off the court practicallydrool over what this year's Lakers team could develop into. At one point durring Saturday's scrimmage, [b][size=5]the Lakers wentwith a li...ractice. ``There's just so much length.''[/b]Los Angeles Daily News
Scary lineup

When asked how the Bynum and Gasol pairing has worked out thus far, Jackson seemed less than impressed. ``It depends on how theywork together,'' he said. ``Right now they're very clumsy, they're not working well together. We've got a group that playedtogether very well last year, there's some things we have to discuss and see how long we drag this out and how quickly we can facilitate it. Because Ithink we have the ability to play exceptionally well if we use all our skill and all our talented players.'' Los Angeles Daily News

The idea under Carlisle will be for players to read the defense and react. There will be more motion in the form of backdoor cuts andpick-and-rolls. Fewer plays will be called. "We have no half-court sets," guard Jason Terry said. "There is a base and a method to our madness,but it's all creative madness. "It's a little bit of the Princeton offense. A little bit of run and gun. Can you call it the West Coastoffense of basketball? I don't know." Dallas Morning News

Casey has compared Terry to Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, who is the all-time NBA leader in steals but was not known as a goodone-on-one defender. Stockton was excellent in playing the passing lanes, which led to many of his steals. "Jason and I talked about JohnStockton," Casey said. "Jason is the same type of defender. He can utilize his quickness to anticipate. But the big thing, especially on the pick androll, is to pursue the ball. Don't give up on the play. That's what we've been emphasizing." Fort Worth Star-Telegram

EDIT:
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
YUKU!!

I've been thinking about the Tinsley trade and now I really hope it dies out, Denver can find a better deal than Tinsley. If we get him, and he does godown with an injury, he is virtually untradeable and we'll be stuck with him and his 7 million a year for 3 years. That doesn't help us. Hunter andAtkins are both expiring contracts so I don't think it's smart to trade 2 expirings for a risky 3 year contract.

^ damn I wouldn't mind seeing a lineup of Kobe, Ariza, Andrew, Pau, and Lamar starting!
eek.gif
eek.gif
Pretty crazy
pimp.gif
happy.gif

JapanAir21:
Man, the Knicks are allll messed up.

SOMEONE, tell me, where in the HELL is Bonzi Wells..
JapanAir21:

smh.gif

Word?

I mean, do you actually put forth effort to annoy me, or does it just come naturally? Hop off, guy. Dead serious.

ii dont mind not having a pg when we're playing triangle. kobe, odom, ariza, pau, bynum starting together
pimp.gif

Nuggets' Coach George Karl reportedly asked both Allen Iverson and Carmelo Anthony to shoot less and get their teammates more involved offensively at the start of training camp.
Once the season begins, dudes will be gunning again.
laugh.gif

eek.gif
@ this guy posing as ska.

What have you done with our beloved Flanders?!

Interesting. What the heck could have happened to get Elgin out of there at this point in time?

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

smh.gif

laugh.gif

hes a current free agent...i was thinking man we shouLd sign this guy!!!...hed be a good pickup for us as a backup for kobe!

We ALREADY have a backup for Kobe. We just signed him for three years this past offseason.

A lineup of Bryant, Ariza, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum sounds good at first, until you realize Kobe is the only three-point threat in that lineup.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Interesting. What the heck could have happened to get Elgin out of there at this point in time?
He was not included in the 2008-2009 media guide. Report is mike dunleavy may has pushed him out. Baylor will not comment.

[h1]Redick's Option Picked Up By Orlando[/h1]

Oct 07, 2008 4:22 PM EST

Redick_JJ_orl.jpg
The Magic have picked up the $2.8million option on guard J.J. Redick for the 2009-10 season.

Redick, the Orlando's first-round pick in 2006, originally signed a two-year deal with two one-year options. He'll making $2.1 million thisseason.

He wanted to be traded last season, but worked hard this summer and appears to be a solid member of the rotation heading into the season.

Via ESPN

God, I'd hate to be Redick.

Also, Mavs could buy out Eddie Jones, Kobe to SF, and Croshere signs with Indy.

Regarding Elgin Baylor --

From what I can tell, he hasn't been doing much for the last few years anyway. All of the recent major personnel moves were orchestrated by Dunleavy. Asfar as I could tell, Baylor had no part in the Elton Brand negotiations. He was the least active GM I ever heard of. If this is true, I don't really seeit impacting the organization too much.

Here's a link with some info, from a Clipper Blog - http://www.clipsnation.com/2008/10/7/630405/don-baylor-outhttp://www.clipsnation.co...0/7/630405/don-baylor-out

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Baylor Sterling sucks anyways and should of been fired a long time ago

Wasn't Baylor the one who was bringing in all the talent and Sterling the one who refused to sign the checks?

SHUGES wrote:
Bigmike23 wrote:

Wasn't Baylor the one who was bringing in all the talent and Sterling the one who refused to sign the checks?

QFT...its funny when people speak on subject matter they know nothing about...

[h1]Redick's Option Picked Up By Orlando[/h1]

Oct 07, 2008 4:22 PM EST

Redick_JJ_orl.jpg
The Magic have picked up the $2.8 million option on guard J.J. Redick for the 2009-10 season.

Redick, the Orlando's first-round pick in 2006, originally signed a two-year deal with two one-year options. He'll making $2.1 million this season.

He wanted to be traded last season, but worked hard this summer and appears to be a solid member of the rotation heading into the season.

Via ESPN

God, I'd hate to be Redick.

Also, Mavs could buy out Eddie Jones, Kobe to SF, and Croshere signs with Indy.
Good move, theres more talk that he had improved his defense again but hopefully he'll get out and play.

Yarislav Korolev....I thought that Dunleavy's pick though..oh well we'll see what happens now.

Originally Posted by tupac003

SHUGES wrote:
Bigmike23 wrote:

QFT...its funny when people speak on subject matter they know nothing about...

o really? lets take a look at what baylor has done in the draft for his 22 years with the clippers. and where not going to even talk about the crap he hassigned to the team the last few years

[table][tr][td]2008[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]Eric Gordon[/td] [td]Indiana[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2007[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]Al Thornton[/td] [td]Florida State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]No First Round Pick[/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]Yaroslav Korolev[/td] [td]CSKA Moscow (Russia)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Shaun Livingston[/td] [td]Peoria Central H.S. (IL)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]Chris Kaman[/td] [td]Central Michigan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]Chris Wilcox[/td] [td]Maryland[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]12[/td] [td]Melvin Ely[/td] [td]Fresno State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Tyson Chandler[/td] [td]Dominguez H.S. (CA)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Darius Miles[/td] [td]East St. Louis H.S. (MO)[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]18[/td] [td]Quentin Richardson[/td] [td]Depaul[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Lamar Odom[/td] [td]Rhode Island[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1998[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]Michael Olowokandi[/td] [td]Pacific[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]22[/td] [td]Brian Skinner[/td] [td]Baylor[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1997[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]Maurice Taylor[/td] [td]Michigan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]Lorenzen Wright[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1995[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Antonio McDyess[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1994[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]Lamond Murray[/td] [td]California[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]25[/td] [td]Greg Minor[/td] [td]Louisville[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1993[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]Terry Dehere[/td] [td]Seton Hall[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1992[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]Randy Woods[/td] [td]La Salle[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]25[/td] [td]Elmore Spencer[/td] [td]UNLV[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1991[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]LeRon Ellis[/td] [td]Syracuse[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1990[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]Bo Kimble[/td] [td]Loyola Marymount[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]13[/td] [td]Loy Vaught[/td] [td]Michigan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1989[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]Danny Ferry[/td] [td]Duke[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1988[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]Danny Manning[/td] [td]Kansas[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]6[/td] [td]Hersey Hawkins[/td] [td]Bradley[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1987[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]Reggie Williams[/td] [td]Georgetown[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]13[/td] [td]Joe Wolf[/td] [td]North Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]19[/td] [td]Ken Norman[/td] [td]Illinois[/td] [/tr][/table]

Rumored trade from ESPN:

Clippers trade Chris Kaman and Baron Davis for Mike Dunleavy Jr. and Roy Hibbert.

LMAO!!!!!! Mike Dunleavy is running your franchise.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Rumored trade from ESPN:

Clippers trade Chris Kaman and Baron Davis for Mike Dunleavy Jr. and Roy Hibbert.

LMAO!!!!!! Mike Dunleavy is running your franchise.
istockphoto_2824685-he-s-a-dunce.jpg

Great article on Baylor by Bill simmons. that dude was a pioneer. Hate to see what happened to him,.

Back
Top Bottom