Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Tupac...where do you get that whole list of rumors from?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

You guys need a real BIG(not that no-name E.Damp) and a better PG(not that washed up Kidd) to even be mentioned in a conversation about contenders.
ohwell.gif
Again, you're trying too damn hard... I never said the Mavs were contenders next year... And they're not, not without some major roster reconstruction anyways...

But they're certainly more relevant than the Los Angeles Clippers...
You sound like a real genius right there.

happy.gif

I mean, that doesn't really make sense to me.

If we had Artest and kept Odom, we would have 6 people that (in my opinion) HAVE to start.

- Fisher
- Kobe
- Artest
- Lamar
- Pau
- Bynum

In my opinion, it would be disrespectful to ask any of them to come off the bench. I think the least disrespectful would be to ask Fisher to come off the bench, but for what reason? Of those other five, none of them have experience being a primary ballhandler.

And we know Artest isn't going to start at the 2-guard position.

And we know Bynum and Pau are going to start at the 4/5 positions.

So Odom and Artest split time coming off the bench?

I don't know.

This is a tough call but I say you bench artest. Why? Because Artest is a ballstopper/gunslinger and if he was to start he wouldn't get nearlyenough touches and shots as he would like. Atleast with him coming off the bench he only has to fight "the machine" for shots instead of KB24 and theother starters. IMO, while Artest is a good talent you guys don't need him. I haven't read through all the posts but I'm sure you guys have alreadysaid that you want to see how a lineup of fisher/kobe/LO/pau/bynum play together. You already got to the finals without Bynum, and want to see if he is thedifference. Now speaking as a kings fan, I really don't like/want artest on our team and I would trade him for a bag of cheetos, and hope he goes to LA sohe can mess up there team chemistry
smile.gif

Anybody see this? Diaw a Raptor? Diaw for Ford and the 17th. Just saw it on the headlines from Hoopshype so nothing legit and no source.
frown.gif

It's also on RealGM, it's not a done deal, it's just been discussed. Why in the world would Phoenix want Ford, and why would they give up the 17thpick as well? Even though I don't really like Ford, Ford > Diaw.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Tupac...where do you get that whole list of rumors from?
nerd.gif

I go to a variety of different websites. Some rumors from some sites just aren't legit so I won't post them unless I see them in 3 to4 differentwebsites.

Originally Posted by Jdiddy931

Getting a damn draft pick isn't goona do much with an older team either, by the time that kid is ready, Gash and Shaq will be long gone.

This just keeps getting better and better
Have you ever said one thing good about any team other than the Lakers? I don't understand what the Suns did to you!

Trading Diaw would be stupid as much as I hate him, but the dude can ball and I believe with a new coach coming will make him play consistent. Trading Barbosa is the best thing I heard all summer!!!!! Going up in the draft is alright, but we better not trade it for "cash" like we've done plenty of times!

Of course I have man. I dislike the Suns, much like I dislike the Queens, but not even close to the level I dislike the Blazers. Ya'll got a long wayto go for that title.
wink.gif

But the Suns misery makes me happy. I don't want anyone hurt or dead like some of their fans wish on my team, just like to see them pile up losses,that's all.

I like how Mavs fans and clippers fans are arguing whos team is crappier. It doesnt matter, neither of you will make the playoffs

I think it would be Odom off the bench.

He runs well with the 2nd unit. The 2nd unit is all about energy and fast pace. Thats the type of offense Lamar excels in.

Artest would slow that unit down. Hes needed in that first unit to guard the opposing teams sg/sf.

The real question is what the lineup to finish games would be.

People say that Odom, at 14 million is too expensive to be a bench player. For one year, as an experiment, Lakers would try it out since his contract is up. Hecan then be signed for cheaper, or let go.

The Golden State Warriors are rumored to have interest in Cavaliers forward/center Anderson Varejao. A trade rumor circulated by ESPN.com -- Varejao and the No. 19 pick to Golden State for second-year forward Brandan Wright -- doesn't appear to have much validity.
The Warriors do have a $10 million trade exception, which would make a deal like that work. They also apparently want to hold onto the 6-foot-9, 205-pound Wright, picked No. 8 by the Charlotte Bobcats in 2007 and dealt to the Warriors in the Jason Richardson trade. Morning Journal

A league source said it's nothing more than a rumor.
The Cavs might be interested in such a deal, and the Warriors could use an inside presence. The 6-10, 240-pound Varejao would provide toughness and defense around the basket. His role and minutes diminished after the Cavs acquired veteran Ben Wallace on Feb. 21. Morning Journal

If the Warriors ever made forward/center Al Harrington available, the Cavs might have an interest. Harrington, 28, averaged 13.6 points and 5.4 rebounds for the Warriors last season. The 6-9, 250-pounder will be entering his 11th season in the league. Morning Journal

Rumors say the Cavs would be open to moving up and taking Kansas shooting guard Brandon Rush in Thursday's draft. They currently hold the No. 19 pick.
Morning Journal

Seattle has four second-round picks in the draft (Nos. 32, 46, 50 and 56). The Cavs have reportedly talked to the SuperSonics about acquiring one of those selections.
Morning Journal

Since the season ended, any Suns deal figured to include Leandro Barbosa or Boris Diaw. Consideration for such moves has accelerated and cooled in recent weeks but remains a possibility with Phoenix looking to move up in Thursday's draft order or acquire another first-round pick to go with its No. 15 selection. Arizona Republic

With Barbosa, the talks of most substance have been with Portland and New York. A Portland deal would have sent 21-year-old swingman Martell Webster, next week's No. 13 pick and another piece for Barbosa. Webster, who is 6 feet 7, averaged 10.7 points and hit 39 percent of his 3-pointers as a starter last season while improving his defense and rebounding. He missed the final seven games due to an irregular heartbeat. Arizona Republic

New York, with its No. 6 draft slot, often comes up as a trade destination for Barbosa since Mike D'Antoni accepted the Knicks job last month. Barbosa's tutor, Dan D'Antoni, also will join the Knicks staff. Arizona Republic

Barbosa does not want to be traded. He met new Suns coach Terry Porter, saying "his personality is perfect for us."
Arizona Republic

A Diaw trade possibility involved Toronto, where talk centered on Diaw leaving for point guard T.J. Ford and the Raptors' No. 17 pick in Thursday's draft. Talks cooled but might reignite with Porter aboard.
In Porter's first season as Milwaukee's head coach, Ford helped the Bucks to a 41-41 playoff season. When Ford missed the next season after neck surgery, the Bucks went 30-52 and fired Porter. Arizona Republic

Meanwhile, Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy reiterated that he expected both Brand and Maggette to be wearing Clipper uniforms at the start of the 2008-2009 season
. Orange County Register

A year ago, Chris Mullin built his offseason plan around acquiring Kevin Garnett and came up short. A year later, another complex summer looms, one the fifth-year executive says will be his most defining to date. Thursday's draft sets off a flurry of decision-making that will shape Golden State's future. After the draft comes Baron Davis' opt-out date. After that, free agency. And through it all are the possibility of trades. San Francisco Chronicle

To that end, Mullin admits to being more active in working the phones this summer. He has inquired about moving up in the draft and is hoping to acquire a "difference-maker," whom Mullin defined as "someone who puts you ... in the second round and maybe the conference finals." San Francisco Chronicle

Don't be surprised if Golden State trades its pick to move up in the draft or to acquire a proven player. With the Warriors still developing Brandan Wright and Marco Belinelli, the team needs more immediate help than project players. San Francisco Chronicle

June 30: The last day for Baron Davis to opt out of his contract and for the Warriors to use their $10 million trade exception from the Jason Richardson dea
l. San Francisco Chronicle

Davis' agent, Todd Ramasar, said this week that no decision has been made, but all indications are that Davis will play out the final season of his $17.8 million contract.
San Francisco Chronicle

The larger issue is Baron Davis' long-term future in Oakland. Davis wants a multiyear extension and Mullin now says he's open for negotiations, but the two sides remain far apart.
And in the likely event that no new deal is reached, the Warriors risk having both their franchise player and coach carrying a lame-duck status next season. San Francisco Chronicle

But after Vujacic and Turiaf had their exit meetings Thursday with Lakers coach Phil Jackson and general manager Mitch Kupchak, both talked about how it is a business and how they would do what was best for them and their families financially. Both said they want to remain with the Lakers, but both left the door open to leaving. Vujacic, a 6-foot-7 guard, and Turiaf, a 6-10 forward/center, can begin negotiating with other teams and the Lakers gon July 1, but can't sign a contract until July 9. Press-Enterprise

It's believed that Vujacic's representative will be seeking the full mid-level exception of $5.8 million.
( He is CRAZY!)"I'm going to be with the team that wants and needs me the most," Vujacic said. "Who it's going to be, I can't say right now at this point. But we'll see." Press-Enterprise

Ariza wants to add 10 pounds to his 6-8, 210-pound frame, improve his jumper and ballhandling skills, won't opt out of his contract that pays him $3.1 million next season and will change his uniform number from 3 to 1.
Press-Enterprise

Nuggets center Marcus Camby ran into teammate Allen Iverson on Wednesday. Iverson sure didn't sound like a player about to bolt Denver. The deadline is today for Iverson to opt out of the final year of his contract and become a free agent July 1. While there was no word Thursday from the Iverson camp, and a Nuggets executive declined comment, most NBA observers don't expect Iverson to opt out of a deal that would pay him $20.84 million. Rocky Mountain News

With trade rumors heating up leading to the draft Thursday, ESPN reported the Nuggets have discussed sending forward Linas Kleiza and the 20th pick to Memphis for point guard Kyle Lowry and the No. 28 pick. Denver had interest in Lowry before the trade deadline in February. Rocky Mountain News

For now, Horry remains "up in the air" - his words - about returning.
He will become a free agent July 1. If the Spurs decide not to offer him another deal, there are only two or three other teams for which he would consider playing. Presume one is the Rockets, because he still has a home in Houston. The Hornets would be another, both for their proximity to Houston and the presence of a championship-contending core. San Antonio Express-News

Tim Duncan and Gregg Popovich have joked that Horry has been sitting back through the regular season and waiting for playoff glory since he signed with the Spurs in the summer of 2003. His response: "If Pop would play me more during the regular season, he'd find out I could give him a lot more than he's gotten the last couple of years."
San Antonio Express-News

Answering reader mail on Ronny Turiaf: I don't think the Jazz will pursue him. Certainly, Utah could use another athletic big man. It is the Jazz's most glaring need going into the offseason. But a few years ago, vice president of basketball operations Kevin O'Connor spent a major chunk of his summer pursuing restricted free agents Jason Terry and Corey Maggette. O'Connor didn't get either player and his efforts turned out to be a waste of time. Since then, the Jazz have been reluctant to go after players who can sign an offer sheet but must return to their original team if the offer is matched. Salt Lake Tribune

Though we never saw that frontcourt, it's pretty clear where the Lakers are heading. Lamar Odom took the biggest hit in the aftermath of Game 6. If L.A. moves anybody, it shall be him,
because Pau Gasol is best suited for the four-spot anyway. But is Richard Jefferson the right replacement at the 3? If the Lakers figure to meet up with Paul Pierce again next June, there's no one better. Nets fans know that better than anyone. The main thing preventing L.A. from considering this deal, we surmise, is the contract lengths. It's not a cap neutral trade: RJ has three years ($42.4M) left, Odom is a free agent after next season. Might quash it, might not. But we know this much: If the Nets pursue this deal again, it could go a long way toward charting their path over the next two years. Newark Star-Ledger

But there's another call to make. And if you make the deal for Odom, and take him off the books after '08-09, this is what you're looking at in the summer of '10: A $38.2M [Nets] payroll for eight guys, including the third-year salaries of the two kids they're drafting next week ($2.4 and 1.4, respectively). Newark Star-Ledger

Celtics: Don't expect any drastic changes. Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Ray Allen are all under contract for at least the next two seasons.
But Ainge always has an eye on the future. "There is a fine balance. Last year we decided to get into this Paul Pierce cycle," said Ainge. "We still want to do that next year. We're not going to do anything to get younger other than the draft and a free agent here and there, but you do have to take into consideration the age of your players every year." Boston Globe

Boston has six potential free agents - guards Eddie House, Sam Cassell, and Tony Allen, center Scot Pollard, and forwards P.J. Brown and James Posey.
The most crucial is Posey, 31, who has indicated through his agent, Mark Bartelstein, he will opt out of the two-year deal he signed with Boston, forgoing $3.4 million to hit the open market. Posey, Boston's best bench player, was a crucial component in the playoffs, especially in the Finals. Boston Globe

Ainge refused comment on the free agents, saying the team will let things settle, but he acknowledged Posey's importance. "James was huge for us.
He brings a lot of intangibles to the team. He's been a real spark. He's brought some toughness to the team, and we wouldn't have won a championship without him." Boston Globe

Regardless of whom Boston re-signs or signs as replacements, Ainge acknowledged the Celtics will be over the luxury tax threshold, as they were this season
. The payroll is projected to be at $71 million, including their first-round pick, which at No. 30 will make $797,600 next season. Boston Globe

[h1]Cavs Interested In Harrington? http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53091/20080620/cavs_interested_in_harrington/[/h1]

Jun 20, 2008 9:29 AM EST

Harrington_Al_gsw.jpg
Sources say the Cavs have been active in trade talks in days leading up to the draft.

If the Warriors made forward/center Al Harrington available, the Cavs might have an interest.

I thought you warrior fans might like this
roll.gif

AL + filler for LBJ? could it possibly be?

i think tupac gets some of his rumors from insidehoops no?

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

[h1]Cavs Interested In Harrington? http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53091/20080620/cavs_interested_in_harrington/[/h1]

Jun 20, 2008 9:29 AM EST

Harrington_Al_gsw.jpg
Sources say the Cavs have been active in trade talks in days leading up to the draft.

If the Warriors made forward/center Al Harrington available, the Cavs might have an interest.

I thought you warrior fans might like this
roll.gif

AL + filler for LBJ? could it possibly be?

i think tupac gets some of his rumors from insidehoops no?

Insidehoops, hoopsvibe, espn, yahoo, you name it I check it.

I like how Mavs fans and clippers fans are arguing whos team is crappier. It doesnt matter, neither of you will make the playoffs
Says the Kings (I think, maybe I don't remember correctly...) fan...
laugh.gif

Rumors say the Cavs would be open to moving up and taking Kansas shooting guard Brandon Rush in Thursday's draft. They currently hold the No. 19 pick. Morning Journal
happy.gif

indifferent.gif
@ the Harrington idea.

We just got rid of Drew Puddin, we don't need another big man who thinks he's a SG.

Originally Posted by tupac003

The Golden State Warriors are rumored to have interest in Cavaliers forward/center Anderson Varejao. A trade rumor circulated by ESPN.com -- Varejao and the No. 19 pick to Golden State for second-year forward Brandan Wright -- doesn't appear to have much validity.
The Warriors do have a $10 million trade exception, which would make a deal like that work. They also apparently want to hold onto the 6-foot-9, 205-pound Wright, picked No. 8 by the Charlotte Bobcats in 2007 and dealt to the Warriors in the Jason Richardson trade. Morning Journal

A league source said it's nothing more than a rumor.
The Cavs might be interested in such a deal, and the Warriors could use an inside presence. The 6-10, 240-pound Varejao would provide toughness and defense around the basket. His role and minutes diminished after the Cavs acquired veteran Ben Wallace on Feb. 21. Morning Journal

Yeah... it doesn't hold much validity. Screw Chad Ford and ESPN.
Originally Posted by tupac003

If the Warriors ever made forward/center Al Harrington available, the Cavs might have an interest. Harrington, 28, averaged 13.6 points and 5.4 rebounds for the Warriors last season. The 6-9, 250-pounder will be entering his 11th season in the league. Morning Journal

Could it be?
10narrc.jpg

LO for RJ who? Richard Jefferson?

I don't like it. I don't like it at all.

He's never struck me as a defensive presence. If he is, then I've obviously just not caught on to that.

The only moves I think we should make would be defensive moves. Our offense is fine; we had one of the highest scoring teams in the league. But like some ofthe other high scorers (Suns, Warriors, Mavs), defense was always somewhat of an option for our squad, like an extra like thing we'd do if the planets werealigned right and everyone had a good, healthy breakfast.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

roll.gif
pure comedy

If you say so..

^i will admit, as much as i dislike doing it, the clips would've been among one of teams pushing for the 8th slot (along with GS & Den).

yall just had the most horrible luck in the world (with livingston, brand and kamen's numerous injuries). doesn't seem like you're keeping quintonross either.

JohnnyRedStorm:
How about Odom for Tayshaun? How do you feel about that Ska?
I just barely became on Odom fan this season, but I'd have to do that, man. Tayshaun isn't going to score a lot, but I feel like our teamknows how to score. But what Tayshaun brings to the table is defensive intelligence, and that is an invaluable asset.

I'd still be an Odom fan if he were a Piston (like I have always been with Kidd and Artest), but I would have to pull that trigger, honestly. And no joke,if I were the GM being offered Tayshaun for Odom, I would hate that I want to do, hate that I have to do it, and hate that I'm going to do it... butI'd want to do it, I'd have to do it, and I'd do it.

I'd be the worst GM ever.
laugh.gif
I definitely don't have the heart.
embarassed.gif

Back
Top Bottom