Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Also, a full season with Brand, Kaman and Thornton should increase our chances.
yeah this is true. The only concern I have with the Clips is health, which happens to be a big concern, but you guys should be in the hunt IFhealthy.

Mavs on the other hand are a fricken disaster. If we thought the West was tough last year, imagine what it will be like with a health Rockets, Clips, andportland team that is about to add Greg Oden, Fernandez, and a lottery pick. One thing is for sure, the West will be even harder than it was this year. I cansee the 9th seed team missing the playoffs with 50 some odd wins.

Dang it, I completely forgot about Oden.

frown.gif

I very rarely say 'prediction' type statements, but I really think dude is going to be a beast.
embarassed.gif
No, not immediately... but yes, quickly.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

JohnnyRedStorm:
How about Odom for Tayshaun? How do you feel about that Ska?
I just barely became on Odom fan this season, but I'd have to do that, man. Tayshaun isn't going to score a lot, but I feel like our team knows how to score. But what Tayshaun brings to the table is defensive intelligence, and that is an invaluable asset.

I'd still be an Odom fan if he were a Piston (like I have always been with Kidd and Artest), but I would have to pull that trigger, honestly. And no joke, if I were the GM being offered Tayshaun for Odom, I would hate that I want to do, hate that I have to do it, and hate that I'm going to do it... but I'd want to do it, I'd have to do it, and I'd do it.

I'd be the worst GM ever.
laugh.gif
I definitely don't have the heart.
embarassed.gif

I feel the exact same way and I'm the biggest Odom fan on here.
frown.gif

frown.gif

I very rarely say 'prediction' type statements, but I really think dude is going to be a beast.
embarassed.gif
Checks the shirt he'll be wearing, still says Blazers, he'll be a nonthreat.
pimp.gif

If I was the Lakers, I would love to have Artest.

It is your love affair with one person or winning a championship.

I knew Al Jefferson was going to be a beast. But we would not have won this year with him.

Artest would improve you guys so much. You would have beat us I think. He can really contain people. Put him on Pierce or Allen and it changes the series.

And is not like he can't score. Odem had a good game, but nothing out of Artest reach.

Originally Posted by CP1708

frown.gif

embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
, you won't be thinking that for long with the Blazers. They also got a guy named Rudy Fernandez coming next year, if you don't know who heis, maybe that's why you think the Blazers are a non-threat.

As for the Mavericks, give Jason Kidd a full training camp/pre-season with the Mavericks, I expect much more from our team once the next season starts.Also, watch out for Dirk, he was great the last half of the season last year (and anyone who says otherwise is only accepting the fact that they've beeneliminated twice in a row in the first round when it was only one year it was his fault). Josh Howard will either improve or be moved, that simple. Also, wegot our own Jason Maxiell in Brandon Bass
pimp.gif

As for Odom, Odom > RJ, but Tayshaun >>>> Odom, sorry ska.
laugh.gif

EDIT: I forgot to add, I found it laugh out loud funny that you say that RJ doesn't play defense, than someone offers you one of the best defensiveplayers at that position and you still would take Odom.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

yeah this is true. The only concern I have with the Clips is health, which happens to be a big concern, but you guys should be in the hunt IF healthy.

Mavs on the other hand are a fricken disaster. If we thought the West was tough last year, imagine what it will be like with a health Rockets, Clips, and portland team that is about to add Greg Oden, Fernandez, and a lottery pick. One thing is for sure, the West will be even harder than it was this year. I can see the 9th seed team missing the playoffs with 50 some odd wins.
I don't expect my team to win a 'ship but I do expect them to be competitive if healthy. I hope Kidd, Dirk and J-High start gelling the way Iknow they can b/c you guys seriously are 1 legit BIG away from being a scary team. Good luck!

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

yeah this is true. The only concern I have with the Clips is health, which happens to be a big concern, but you guys should be in the hunt IF healthy.

Mavs on the other hand are a fricken disaster. If we thought the West was tough last year, imagine what it will be like with a health Rockets, Clips, and portland team that is about to add Greg Oden, Fernandez, and a lottery pick. One thing is for sure, the West will be even harder than it was this year. I can see the 9th seed team missing the playoffs with 50 some odd wins.
I don't expect my team to win a 'ship but I do expect them to be competitive if healthy. I hope Kidd, Dirk and J-High start gelling the way I know they can b/c you guys seriously are 1 legit BIG away from being a scary team. Good luck!

Dampier had some glimpses of what he did in his prime with Kidd last year, I just hope it can become consistent. We don't need a solid big to win, Idon't think, we need consistent scoring and consistent defense. Just look at the C's, Kendrick Perkins was their starting Center.

As for the Clippers, I'm usually one to defend them, and I do wish the best for them, but comparing a team that's made it to the Playoffs for about 10years straight to the Clippers is
nerd.gif
. And just for the record, I love EB as a player, and Kaman is that dude, but they need another consistent scorer or SLneeds to be spectacular. I never liked the concept of "if you don't win the championship, you still finish second, same as the worst team in theLeague." It not only isn't fair, it's sort of silly. Why not just take the top one seeds from each Conference, play one game, and that's thedecider of the entire 82 game season?

Originally Posted by dreClark

You can't bring RJ to LA. That's too close to San Fran.

roll.gif

i had my suspicions when dfish went to golden state
laugh.gif

artest>prince BUT right now as it stands artest and prince>odom

but i think the lakers can win a title with odom....

and NO to RJ. my brother is a nets fan so i watched most of their games the last few years and RJ makes bone play after bone play... talk about not beingable to finish...
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Dampier had some glimpses of what he did in his prime with Kidd last year, I just hope it can become consistent. We don't need a solid big to win, I don't think, we need consistent scoring and consistent defense. Just look at the C's, Kendrick Perkins was their starting Center.

As for the Clippers, I'm usually one to defend them, and I do wish the best for them, but comparing a team that's made it to the Playoffs for about 10 years straight to the Clippers is
nerd.gif

This argument has been over for awhile now. Please move on and I can't wait 'til we see your team in 08/09!

i heard on a houston board that tmac is going to detroit for billups + sheed (plus others). any news on this?

How many point guards do the Rockets need? Billups and Yao should be solid though, but I would keep Tmac for another year and see how him and Yao are togetherfor a full year. They caught a bad break this year when Yao went down.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I like Odom but I would do that trade if I was LA. I think prince would fit in nicely.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

i heard on a houston board that tmac is going to detroit for billups + sheed (plus others). any news on this?

Nothing on RealGM message boards, so probably not,

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

JohnnyRedStorm:
I just barely became on Odom fan this season, but I'd have to do that, man. Tayshaun isn't going to score a lot, but I feel like our team knows how to score. But what Tayshaun brings to the table is defensive intelligence, and that is an invaluable asset.

I'd still be an Odom fan if he were a Piston (like I have always been with Kidd and Artest), but I would have to pull that trigger, honestly. And no joke, if I were the GM being offered Tayshaun for Odom, I would hate that I want to do, hate that I have to do it, and hate that I'm going to do it... but I'd want to do it, I'd have to do it, and I'd do it.

I'd be the worst GM ever.
laugh.gif
I definitely don't have the heart.
embarassed.gif

I feel the exact same way and I'm the biggest Odom fan on here.
frown.gif

If Kupchak gets offered Prince for Odom, and doesn't make the deal at that 2nd, he's nuts. Having Prince would have single handedly made theBoston/LA series a COMPLETELY different series. I'd punch Joe Dumars in the face if he took that deal. That would be the 2nd time the Lakers would get awaywith grand theft in two years. Definitely would help you guys out in LaLa Land a ton.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Nothing on RealGM message boards, so probably not,

a dude on clutchfans said it's a rumor in the media relations at the draft (and been going for a while as read in the detroit press). it's hard toguage on these until it really happens

I don't expect my team to win a 'ship but I do expect them to be competitive if healthy. I hope Kidd, Dirk and J-High start gelling the way I know they can b/c you guys seriously are 1 legit BIG away from being a scary team. Good luck!
Real talk... I just want Elton to opt out and take less money to play elsewhere because... Well... Because I think he'd be just the type guyDallas needs to really get back into the mix...
laugh.gif

Jason Terry and Josh Howard for S&T Corey Maggette and opted out S&T Elton Brand.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Back to reality, though... Would you sign and trade Maggette in a trade for Terry? I really think that's something the Mavericks need to revisit.

JapanAir21 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
23ska909red02 wrote:

frown.gif

embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
, you won't be thinking that for long with the Blazers. They also got a guy named Rudy Fernandez coming next year, if you don't know who he is, maybe that's why you think the Blazers are a non-threat.

I hear the same thing from these fools all the time. If only if only if only for 30 + years. They ain't doin sh*^. They had like 17 all starsback a few years, they signed every damn free agent in the league, they got beat by two guys and some role players. They ain't worth sh*^.

I would appreciate if Pritchard would mix in a mistake or two though, make my life much easier.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom