Sleep Paralysis is serious business

I've had this all my life, got it from my moms. I have atleast 2 -3 episodes a month. Ive been seeing a neurologist about it. I have to sleep with my hands close to me so I can wake (shake) myself up or the wifey will wake me up. The doctor told her if she shakes me to hard or hits me to hard while im in the episode I can suffer a heart attack. Usually she'll rub my forehead or arm and that just enough to get me out of it.

As a kid it was ruff, many nights I had to sleep in my parents room, or my mom would sleep in my room, watching me, making sure I didnt go through a deep sleep. As I got older, I could control it better, IE: Can visually see myself sleeping or can wake myself up. Lately, the last 5 years, its got a bit worse, so now I need my girl to help me wake up.

Some of yall dudes think it's funny but it's not though. Not having control of your body, feeling like somebody is pushing your body down or you cant breath correctly, it's scary. THIS !%@% IS SCARY. I still don't know why this !%@% happens to me.

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Happened to me a few times. Feels like something is hovering over you holding you down. The only thing that could move was my eyes but still blurry. After about 20 of the longest seconds I started hollering, heart racing.

Scariest $!% ever. Period

When it happens to me I can't speak, holler, nothin. Feels like I'm barely breathing and each breath will be my last. I feel like I'm about to die
30t6p3b.gif

Never had it but it seems trippy.. I definitely heard of this before but NT brings it up often.

Some people say this is part of Lucid dreaming. It's a deep sleep state where you can control your dreams. Usually when you wake up your body is tempoarily paralyzed from it.

I've experienced Lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis plenty of times and each time it freaks me out just like it's the first time happening. The thing that helped me be able to move quicker is to relax and breathe slow. Within seconds I can move again.

Originally Posted by reener

never heard of this till NT sounds creepy.

It sure it. Pray you don't experience this.. ever lol , That dark figure holding you down by your feet will give you the biggest heart attack. i still say its the devil lol
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Paycheck26

This thread comes up pretty often, and i post in them everytime
laugh.gif
. But yea man, sleep paralysis aint no joke. Whether its a scientific thing, or a spiritual thing...its pretty creepy.

same

this only happens to me when i fall asleep while someone's driving...it may have happened once or twice i fell asleep on the couch but if its a long trip in the car i already know its gonna happen...

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

The worst one i had was on some inception +++@ where i woke up and shook one off but really i was in another dream and had to wake up and shake that one off.  Also felt like a demon was kneeing my back to the bed and made it harder for me to move.  I never took it serious though.

Holy #+%%, I had this last month, and was soo damn wierd. I was sleeping in my living room with fireplace on, With my eye closed I could still see light then all the sudden I felt a presence nearby and a shadow walk-by So I tried to get up but it just became some sort of  inception #+%%. As if I was waking up from a dream into a dream over and over about 10+ times then finally I woke up.

I had a dream where I couldnt freakin move.. like my dream damb right controlled my body. I then woke up and was able to move freely.

The mind @!%#@ with our bodies big time.

The worst experience I had with this was when I was dreaming that it happened and the person in my dream knew I couldn't move so they just tickled me until I woke up.

I was about 9
frown.gif
. Traumatized me bruhs...

it use to happen to me all the time it basically means your not going enough sleep

Once you start to get enough sleep it will go away

And if it happens to you all you have to do is move your toes and you will regain full control again

Everything being said about it here is too real

First time it happened, I felt like I was sinking into my bed...I figured it can't be real life so I tried rolling off but it was futile and pathetic

Happened twice to me that same week, honestly the funniest and creepiest feeling I've experienced waking up... +++% a nightmare, sleep paralysis >

I seriously believe it's a spiritual/evil thing because every time it happens to me i can see the ghost laying on top of me . It's so scary
frown.gif

Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by lol

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

The worst one i had was on some inception +++@ where i woke up and shook one off but really i was in another dream and had to wake up and shake that one off.  Also felt like a demon was kneeing my back to the bed and made it harder for me to move.  I never took it serious though.

Holy #+%%, I had this last month, and was soo damn wierd. I was sleeping in my living room with fireplace on, With my eye closed I could still see light then all the sudden I felt a presence nearby and a shadow walk-by So I tried to get up but it just became some sort of  inception #+%%. As if I was waking up from a dream into a dream over and over about 10+ times then finally I woke up.
Same happen to me a couple months ago.. I was in sleep paralysis and tried to lucid dream.. I lifted my legs up but when i tried to stop they kept going up.. %#@$ was crazy b... then I woke up.
I wanna lucid dream so bad 
frown.gif

i lucid dream all the time. once i realize i just start grabbing TNA lmao. i wake up like 5 seconds after though. then i try to go back to sleep to the same dream but never works
frown.gif

i was smashing britney spears once lmao.

Lucid dreaming has worked when I'm having nightmares. I'll know that I'm not going to get away and I've changed the dream all together right at the last moment. I always have this after thought of, "Damn that was hella close." I've also screamed at myself to wake up and that I'm in a dream.

Only lucid dreamed once... I hear about people flying in them all the time so i tried just that..I was walking in my old neighborhood and got 8 feet in the air then dropped

frown.gif

Happened to me last night. It sucks when it happens. I try not to panic, but it's very hard to stay calm in that situation

Back
Top Bottom