smh at "new-age" collectors......

i've been doing security work @ high school in garland, texas the past few days and i've seen so many fake jordans!! it's unreal at how ridiculousthe shoes look, but it's a "jordan" shoe so they don't care, they're ballin!! like today i saw someone w/ a pair of ALL BLACKXI's...... uppers, midsole, and bottoms. i asked him where he got those
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
..... J's and he said, "oh man you can't get thesethey sold out!"
roll.gif
, i snickered and walked away.

i live in fort worth texas and today in school i saw fake "custom" XX3 x AF1s uni blue titaniums
at 1st inwas like
eek.gif
no way those are real especially here where im from
then no more than 1 minute later insaw some fake custom stealth xx3 x af1s
im not talkin about fusions
im talkin about the side print from the xx3s is on the af1s

i know there was a dude down in houston that made a pair of the allstar and premier XX3's colorways in a mid AF1....... they looked
pimp.gif
but those kids haddef knockoffs........ i understand style, but it still doesn't mean it's not irritating.

I know my school aint the only one with those XII x IX x X fusion kicks. Seen them in the black + lime green + orange. I've seen some many fake XIs, VIIs,IIIs, & IVs since school started
smh.gif

man i even saw a pair of XI's that the patent leather was replaced w/ burberry print.
eek.gif

I work at a mom and pops store and the other day somebody asked me if were going to get the Louis Vuitton XI's. I started
roll.gif
and told him those were"regional" release and we're not getting them. He thought he was the sh*t when he said that he was the only one with them!!!

You see that crap everyday In Houston. You can't go to the mall without spotting more than a handful of fakes. Its kinda funny because like someone saidearlier, they all say they are rare and legit. They walk around sporting them like they the "%%%!" along with some fruity looking fit to go withthem.
smh.gif
I've seen these trucks lined up along local Walmarts and Flea Markets with fakes and people flocking around them like vultures.
roll.gif

thank god in NYC fake jordans and nike's are heavily frowned on....we don't play wit that ishhhhh

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

thank god in NYC fake jordans and nike's are heavily frowned on....we don't play wit that ishhhhh

you still see a couple n_'s with fakes here and there but most heads know their shhhh...

^^^yea right dude...i was in NY a few weeks back and saw more fakes than i can count on fingers and toes
and dont ask what part...NYC is NYC therefore they have infested the big apple too
people who rock fakes are 1 of 2 people:
1. uneducated about the kicks
2. know that the shoes are fake, but dont give a @$@*

I'm from TEXAS born and bred, and fakes are real bad down here. The other day at parks mall I seen some 7x10 fusions I damn near threw up. So I stoppeddude and made a scene and made a big announcement to everybody who was around "These are FAKE as HELL". All his boys laughed at him, he wanted tocry. LOL

So you're saying "new-age" collectors only rock fakes? I'm sure "new-age" collectors who are serious about their shoes would resentthat. Yes fakes are bad (I'm from Houston, too btw. The fakes down here are plain sickening
smh.gif
), but that doesn't mean everyone rocks them, even thenoobs.

i saw some cat rocking those fake all black xi's at my college...everytime i see him, i just wanna tell him but i dont have the heart to

K20Lee wrote:
i asked him where he got those
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
..... J's and he said, "oh man you can't get these they sold out!"
roll.gif

I can't even tell you how many times I've done that.

Originally Posted by K20Lee

i've been doing security work @ high school in garland, texas the past few days and i've seen so many fake jordans!! it's unreal at how ridiculous the shoes look, but it's a "jordan" shoe so they don't care, they're ballin!! like today i saw someone w/ a pair of ALL BLACK XI's...... uppers, midsole, and bottoms. i asked him where he got those
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
..... J's and he said, "oh man you can't get these they sold out!"
roll.gif
High school kids aren't the only ones wearing fakes. I see almost just as many "older" people wearing fakes. Not as much, but enough.I'm talking about people in the age range of 25-35. I don't think it's fair to just point the finger at the HS kids.

This dude came to the court wit a pair of brand new fake cool grey XI's, he was mad serious thinkin he got a deal like "I talked him down to 3 pairfor $150, he hooked me up." I just said "yea?? that's wassup, I buy my kicks from the store so I know they real."
laugh.gif
But seriously, I usedto get upset at the cats who wear fakes and then it hit me, the more fakes they buy, the less real J's they cop, the easier it is for me to get the J'sI want.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by moundraised23

^^^yea right dude...i was in NY a few weeks back and saw more fakes than i can count on fingers and toes
and dont ask what part...NYC is NYC therefore they have infested the big apple too
people who rock fakes are 1 of 2 people:
1. uneducated about the kicks
2. know that the shoes are fake, but dont give a @$@*

you were probably walking through 42nd street or w/e it is that there's a bundle of fake shhhh
laugh.gif

agreed on people who rock fakes but a lot of people in NY know their stuff compared to other big cities...plus there's so many shoe stores on everyblock that it's almost impossible NOT to cop from them, even if you don't know your stuff...

Originally Posted by willsndvl

So you're saying "new-age" collectors only rock fakes? I'm sure "new-age" collectors who are serious about their shoes would resent that. Yes fakes are bad (I'm from Houston, too btw. The fakes down here are plain sickening
smh.gif
), but that doesn't mean everyone rocks them, even the noobs.

AMEN to that!! though I've always been a sneaker/shoe enthusiast, I just began seriously collecting J's. I WISH I WOULD wear a fake anything, I getheated just thinking about it...fake shoes support wars!!

Back
Top Bottom