SMH @ STAR TRAK

WHERE IS FAM-LAY'S ALBUM?
WHERE IS ROSCO P COLDCHAIN'S ALBUM?
WHERE IS THE NEW NERD ALBUM?
WHAT HAPPENED TO SLIM THUG?

HOW ABOUT CLIPSE WHERE ARE THEY?
HOW IS YOUR WEBSITE STILL PIMPING ROBIN THICKE'S ALBUM?

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT A ROSTER OF SUCH TALENTED WITH RAPPERS AND THE GREATEST PRODUCTION DUO EVER HAS FALLEN COMPLETELY OFF THE MAP?

Yes I'm mad
I want old Star Trak back when they were actually putting out music more than twice a year
indifferent.gif

o u talkin bout before pharell became a solo artist...

i call that the "vintage" neptunes era... its over...fuggedaboutit

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

WHERE IS FAM-LAY'S ALBUM?
WHERE IS ROSCO P COLDCHAIN'S ALBUM?
WHERE IS THE NEW NERD ALBUM?
WHAT HAPPENED TO SLIM THUG?

HOW ABOUT CLIPSE WHERE ARE THEY?
HOW IS YOUR WEBSITE STILL PIMPING ROBIN THICKE'S ALBUM?

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT A ROSTER OF SUCH TALENTED WITH RAPPERS AND THE GREATEST PRODUCTION DUO EVER HAS FALLEN COMPLETELY OFF THE MAP?

Yes I'm mad
I want old Star Trak back when they were actually putting out music more than twice a year
indifferent.gif
Clipse aren't even ono Star Trak anymore....and yeah, what a waste of talent. Kenna's album was dope tho'.

Clipse, Slim Thug & Snoop aren't on Star Trak anymore.

LOL @ releasing "Da Beeper Record" video that right there shows that label has serious problems.

Re: Slim Thug & Clipse, it's a damn shame they aren't on ST...If they weren't on the BS that they're on we'd be getting more Neptunesproduced music from them
But we're not

^we should be with them dingle...we'd have a vanessa marquez album already dropped. Fam-Lay would be gold....

and CO-sign everything you said......the N3RD album is coming soon though.......

Where's some new High Speed Scene????

Is Spymob still signed to \\//???

smh.gif
@StarTrak....

da ruff ryders was worse....was sad is ALL of em are still in da game in different fronts but as far as da ruff ryders label...its in some shamble status....
smh.gif

We do not need a Roscoe P. Coldchain album.

Everything else you said, Dingle, I agree with.

Star Trek is another artist/producer led label that's just horrible. Everyone can't run a record label. Star Trek is proof. Thugga and Clipse are nolonger Star Trek and its probably for the best because we wouldn't see an album from them until 2010. They did release Kenna's album not too long agoso that's a plus. I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing a Rosco P Coldchain or a Famlay. I heard Famlay is Interscope now but I don't know Idon't think they are a main priority. I expect to see a NERD album before we see their album. And what's up with Robin Thicke? Was he just thrown onStar Trek like Game was thrown on G-Unit? Is he gonna still be on there by next album? His project was handled too nicely for me to believe he's really onStar Trek.

Don't even get me started....
smh.gif
smh.gif

I still find it to be a miracle that Kenna's album actually dropped. It took about 17 years of pushbacks to finally see a real release date.

Star Trak is garbage, as far as dropping music goes. Pure garbage.

Gets me pissed just thinkin' about all the music that they are capable of putting out...

His project was handled too nicely for me to believe he's really on Star Trek.
na, thicke's album was on the verge of floppin too. till lost without you blew up

PS.... We Got It 4 Cheap Vol. 3....?

I guess that was just some cheap joke? Where the %%*$ is that.

Wasn't it supposed to drop in the Spring? How are you not even gonna drop a mixtape on time...

The Neptunes don't realize they coulda had a run like Bad Boy, they regulated themselves to moments at one point in the year
smh.gif
I feel sorry for Fam-Lay that dude has skills n hasn't been heard fromin years. *plays Rock n Roll*

smokin.gif

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

PS.... We Got It 4 Cheap Vol. 3....?

I guess that was just some cheap joke? Where the %%*$ is that.

Wasn't it supposed to drop in the Spring? How are you not even gonna drop a mixtape on time...

Word
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

And don't even get me started on Fam-Lay

Originally Posted by Rifle Jordan

Dingle, What you think about Pharrell charging the Clipse FULL price for beats?

Hence them leaving...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I can't really speak on the $ situation, I don't know the ins and outs of their contracts
But you have to figure that The Neptunes didn't see much dough (from Clipse at least) on Exclusive Audio Footage or Lord Willin

I think it's a bit grimy on Neptunes part, I mean these are YOUR artists on YOUR label, but at the same time the Neptunes already put them on, Clipse areestablished artists in the game who have \\// to thank for their impact. They've already gotten YEARS of preferential treatment

And I was always under the impression that it was 99% label BS that led to them leaving
If Clipse think they're getting overcharged for beats then they shouldn't use as many Neptunes beats (as they said they would do on the 3rd LP), butthat alone doesn't seem like enough of a reason to ditch the label

illphillip might have a better idea than I do
nerd.gif

^ But they also got second pick of every single beat, right after Jay-Z. Hell they risked their relationship with Def Jam, just to give the Clipse "WampWamp" after Foxxy went deaf.

And I find it hard to believe they charge full price considering the dudes were signed to them and they did two ENTIRE albums together. full price isunrealistic.

I think it's a bit grimy on Neptunes part, I mean these are YOUR artists on YOUR label, but at the same time the Neptunes already put them on, Clipse are established artists in the game who have \\// to thank for their impact. They've already gotten YEARS of preferential treatment

I guess that's a logic you can take...

Kinda like if a N' still livin' under his momma's roof at 27 and being forced to pay rent.

But at the same time, The Neptunes are rich, And these are dudes you came up with...Before the success.

Do they really need that few thousand for a beat? Not like they hurtin'...

Seems bogus to me.

But again we don't know ANY of the behind the scenes +#*! that went on
Clipse might have asked for something unreasonable, bad mouthed P or the Star Trak staff to their crew (I doubt their frustration was limited to Jive), etc.

The history they share makes it a tricky situation, but it's a damn shame, because like you said, it's not like the $ matters to P & C, you'dlike to think they could dead the petty BS and just make an album that all 4 of them love (and release it on time, but that's another story)
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom