SMH @ STAR TRAK

-I don't know what yall are talking about, I never knew there was a problem between Clipse and Pharrell.
If the Neptunes charge them full price for beats from now on I'd assume its only to hustle Columbia not the Clipse

-does Star Trak even exist as a label/imprint with an actual office and all that anymore (i.e. through Interscope)?

-I thought aside from an actual label that Star Trak was also an extended-family concept where all the acts that are/were signed to it are still tight witheach other,
ala G.O.O.D. Music which lost its distribution deal with Sony in '06 but all the artists are still a close-knit musical family/CLIQUE within the musicindustry as a whole (Kanye,JLegend,Com,Cons,GLC,Fonzworth,Sa-Ra etc.)

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

G I BEEN SAYIN THIS FOR A MINUTE NOW.

THEY HAVE TO BE ONE OF THE COLDEST LABLES WITH ONE OF THE BEST ROSTERS, HANDS DOWN, WITH THE BIGGEST LACK LUSTER EFFORTS EVER. HOW DO YOU LET CLIPSE, FAMLAY,NATASHA RAMOS, VANESSA, ROCSO (WHO HAS STRAIGHT FIE FIE OUT RIGHT NOW), I MEAN GOT DAMN. YOU LET KELIS GET AWAY, KELIS G?!

TO HELL WITH WGIFC 3. AT LEAST THE CLIPSE GOT A SECOND ALBUM, FAM-LAY AINT EVEN GOT ONE! WHY NOT? ROCK AND ROLL WAS COLD AS HELL.... FOUR YEARS AGO _!!! WTH ISYALL DOIN? DA BEEPER RECORD, SKRUNG OUT, NO TIME FOR NOS ALL GOT A GOOD BUZZ. SO WHERES THE PROMOTION AND MARKETIN FOR THE ALBUM? IIIIISSSSS THERE A ALBUMCOMMIN?

THE BUSINESS BEING HANDLED IN THAT CAMP IS WAY OFF. HOW IS THE PRODUCER THE BIGGER STAR THAN THE ARTIST. OK, YOU SKATEBOARD P AND YADDA YADDA YADDA YEAH WEKNOW THAT. SO AT WHAT POINT DO YOU FALL BACK PLAY THE EXECUTIVE/PRODUCER ROLE. NATASHA HAD A GOOD LIL BUZZ WITH MIDNIGHT HOUR AND THERE WAS NO FOLLOW UP ONTHAT AT ALL...

YEAH, ALL CAPS, CAUSE IM YELLIN. I LOVE THEM AS PRODUCERS, AS BUSINESS MEN THEY NEED TO SIT DOWN. NAH I SHOULDNT SAY THAT, THEY NEED TO GET UP, THEY BEENSITTIN DOWN BULL@++$#*#* FOR A MINUTE...

TELL EM WHY YOU MAD, SON!
laugh.gif

I don't know what yall are talking about, I never knew there was a problem between Clipse and Pharrell.
If the Neptunes charge them full price for beats from now on I'd assume its only to hustle Columbia not the Clipse
Basically ..id do the same..thats Columbia's money..not Clipse

im from VA and most of aint doing*%+$ except maintaining local buzz. SMH @ management for dropping the ball on all these talented artists. (neptunes beats ornot)

i wonder how labels like star trak are doing financially when nothings really coming out
The Evolution Of Robin Thicke is platinum..

Fam-Lay oughta change his name to D-Lay. Dat Missile ain't never going to drop. Not sure if ya'll know but they got Jadakiss featured on that "Mr.Treat Ya Nose" track.
eek.gif

Instead we all know P's working on that wack chick from that MTV Sweet Sixteen episode from Harlem with the puffy hair.

Star Trak lost.

lump that into the high risk it was then, and the sinking ship the music is now and you can understand why.

and if you still question this, you can blame yourself and your hard drive in the process.

still puzzled, go get a drink of water, you thirsty fools.

my question was more rhetorical than anything, it's not to hard to figure out why artists albums aren't dropping with the state of the industry today,especially for a label like star track when the majority of the roster won't sell and only a couple artists has had any real success lately commercially.

The sad thing is, when we get that fix (we got it vol.3 and n3rd) the \\//'s will still fly enthusiastically. Us fans have short memories.

As far as that Neptunes - Clipse thing....

"Pay me for that feature, that'll make it family"

I doubt it's that easy to just knock out 20 some-odd tracks per album, and push it out to the streets, even with the backing of a powerhouse productionteam, who still, after signing the artists, have to convince the execs that they're bankable. There's definitely more to it than that.

yall heard about that group Chester French they signed. I think they graduated from harvard. They got some hot remixes to some slim thug and jigga songs

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

His project was handled too nicely for me to believe he's really on Star Trek.
na, thicke's album was on the verge of floppin too. till lost without you blew up

Maybe so but it wouldn't have been because of Star Trek. He had two videos before the Lost Without You dropped. That album was pushed decent for analbum without a hit single before Lost Without You. They did decent promoting the album. I saw him on TV everyday rockin' that v-neck sweater and adidas itfelt like. I'd put money Star Trek had nothing to do with him or his album. I definately won't credit the Neptunes for his success.

What do Neptunes beats run for anyways?

The constant let downs are why, I've fallen behind on my clipse knowledge.

Dingle, when are you gonna update amihigh?

Back
Top Bottom