Sneaker Collecting is dead and is a FAD

I've never owned a pair of Retro's or OG's and I want to someday. What separates me from the hypebeasts is that I know my Jordans and I know my Nikes. I don't go for hype i go for what i like

Originally Posted by Carolina Finest

The game ain't dead. It's not even a game, it's a culture and a way of life. Don't call me a sneakerhead! That is the same as crackhead, pothead, cokehead or fiend. My bills are paid on time. Lol I not giving up on my hobby because it got a little harder. That insinuates lethargy. I speak for all sneaker enthusiast-alike.

BTW i'm 29 rocking jordans since 01

smokin.gif
....THE MARKET IS SATURATED THOU...ONLY THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE!!! lol

wouldnt say its dead. cause Nike/ JB are still making more $$ than u and i can imagine.

but yea on the increase in prices yet BIG decrease in quality...

i dont buy into jordan's any longer. have been out of the game for many years. now only cop to wear. and shoe comfort vs value is my 1st priority and jordan's aint the first ones on the list.

Originally Posted by TVJung

wore my cement 4s to the mall last weekend. heard dude at footlocker talking bout em while i was browsing. he was pointing out to
a girl how his were real and mine were fake because mine have nike air on the back not a jumpman............
laugh.gif
. damn i miss 1999

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You should of set him straight, lol.

Originally Posted by Mazz305

wore my cement 4s to the mall last weekend. heard dude at footlocker talking bout em while i was browsing. he was pointing out to
a girl how his were real and mine were fake because mine have nike air on the back not a jumpman............
laugh.gif
. damn i miss 1999

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this is why i hate the younger generation sometimes....and why i hate that there is no more nike air...for reasons like that....i had that comment on me to when i was wearing my 1999/2000 fire red 5s a while back.....i told him to put your money where your mouth is if you think it's fake....he shut up real quick

Would'nt be surprised when JB drops Jordan "Elite" on us.. Nike Air.. Premium materials.. $300.. Betcha $10! Lol

Originally Posted by sickickz23

laugh.gif
. damn i miss 1999

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

this is why i hate the younger generation sometimes....and why i hate that there is no more nike air...for reasons like that....i had that comment on me to when i was wearing my 1999/2000 fire red 5s a while back.....i told him to put your money where your mouth is if you think it's fake....he shut up real quick

Same here when I wore my 2000 Concords XIs...high school girl said they were fake because the soles weren't blue and the pantent leather wasn't like hers. I said "Silly *****, my shoes are from 2000."
happy.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if Air Jordan signature shoes go up to $200.00 in the next year or two. Nike sees how cats are willing to camp put overnight for retro+ colorways and on top of that pay reseller rice without a care in the world.

totally feel you man, also in my 30s I can relate to what your saying, I have all but a few pairs of everything I want, everything else I got rid of, I once had over 100 pair now im down to my best 20 some, agree it is a fad but I still look at what's coming out I got a few people who are die hards so I just give them money and they hook it up, im too old to be waiting in lines, camping out, or overpaying hypebeasts.  The quality of the shoe has gone to the pits total garbage now, I'm almost at retirement from the game.  I got the online package nubucks from2003 sz12 with cap and hoody looking to get rid of DS, get at me

laugh.gif
. damn i miss 1999

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

See thats the #+!* I don't like. Young cats always calling some #+!* fake. 
%@*%%$* idiots. They parade around claiming to know everything about shoes, but don't know #+!* about anything beyond 2009 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 23SOLE

Would'nt be surprised when JB drops Jordan "Elite" on us.. Nike Air.. Premium materials.. $300.. Betcha $10! Lol
That actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it. I don't think it'll be 300 but I can see that happening when the well runs dry.

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Same here when I wore my 2000 Concords XIs...high school girl said they were fake because the soles weren't blue and the pantent leather wasn't like hers. I said "Silly *****, my shoes are from 2000."
happy.gif
i was walking near union square and some highschool aged kids were pointing out that my black/navy 13 lows were fake because "they don't make that color"

I hate to say it but its true... Everyone thought I was nuts coppin 2 pairs of everything & now the same dudes that thought I was nuts are postin on facebook n twitter like they been in the game for years... WACK!

Honestly, 2012 is like the Year of the Retro Jordan with so much heat dropping & I haven't even tried to cop a single pair.  I don't feel a connection at all to the shoes anymore and I never thought it would reach that point.  I'm not gonna front, when we were younger coppin the new J's was mostly a fashion/status statement.  But even at that there was still a backstory to the shoes and a reference to the landscape.  Now it's just 90-95% hype.  Concord XI's are one of my top 2 models of all time & I still don't have the '11 release & probably won't looking at reseller prices.

All I've been doing is copping Nike running shoes, mainly Frees, & have no regrets.  Easy to cop, incredibly affordable, comfortable & no hoops to jump through.  

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

Just because you saw MJ play in his prime, doesn't mean you're entitled to the shoes. Just because some of us are in this "younger generation", doesn't mean we're buying shoes just to fit in.

At the end of the day, your money isn't better than mine because you're older than me. If you truly wanted the shoes, you would either have connects or be willing to stand in line. If you think you're above standing in line, then you obviously didn't want the shoes that much.

laugh.gif
at some of these "old heads" being salty because they couldn't get a pair of shoes.
I'm not waiting in line for ANYTHING at all.  There's no way that for me personally that I can justify waiting in a line or jumping through hoops to give someone my money.  As much nostalgia as there is for me with the Jordan signature line, that's not gonna happen here by any means.  This isn't a knock on those who do, just that I have a set of priorities in my life and camping, networking, bargaining to purchase some sneakers isn't one of them.  

Got accused of wearing fake III's today. Apparently they never came out in fire red, only in white/black cement.

I guess Footlocker pushed a nice fake on me a few years ago. It's insane what these kids will pay for an inferior quality shoe. I buy MAYBE one pair of new Jordans a year now. They just suck, especially compared to other lines like LeBron, Kobe, Hyperdunks, etc.

SMH... At the rate of things.. JB stuff's gonna cost like 180 for a normal GR or 200 for QS. Just look at the Elite series.. I mean they just change some materials and add a piece of carbon fiber and its like 200 bucks for Kobe and 250 for Lebron? Seriously 250??? So the carbon fiber's gonna add like 80 bucks on the lebron?? I could get an SB with tat price..Sorry for the rant but IO can see why some people are getting out of the game.. its just there's a lot of hypebeast around now..

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Got accused of wearing fake III's today. Apparently they never came out in fire red, only in white/black cement.

I guess Footlocker pushed a nice fake on me a few years ago. It's insane what these kids will pay for an inferior quality shoe. I buy MAYBE one pair of new Jordans a year now. They just suck, especially compared to other lines like LeBron, Kobe, Hyperdunks, etc.

roll.gif
good thing you werent wearing the DTRT 3's.  they would have REALLY been confused...

I wore my zens the other day and some kid said they were fake cuz they didn't have the red bottoms like his. I just laughed in his face and kept walking

its not dead or a fad, sneaker collecters are still out there and strong. its just oversaturated with people who destroy the culture. they dont do intentionally, they just dont know no better. i meet new sneaker collecters all the time, and they got better sneaker collections than me. new collectors are cool, but some try to give u knowledge u already know, but so do older heads, im 23 by the way. the prices are going up and qaunities seem to be going down. remember its sneaker collecting, its not just about jays and nike. im bummed the allen iversons or questions coming out are gonna be tough to grab

Originally Posted by PRIME

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

See thats the #+!* I don't like. Young cats always calling some #+!* fake. 
%@*%%$* idiots. They parade around claiming to know everything about shoes, but don't know #+!* about anything beyond 2009 
tired.gif

Not ALL but yes I do agree a lot of younger folks that are around my age (20) and younger don't really know @%#%. Those are the real HYPEBEASTS. I respect folks that rock their OG pairs.
I like seeing people rocking their OG HEATS, it makes me jealous.

I agree that it has turned into a fad for a lot of people. But fore it's just something that I like to do.

Back
Top Bottom