Sneaker Store Associates are the worst VOL " You talking bout dem red white jordans?"

Originally Posted by Lubu1

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

YOU DON'T HAVE TO STUDY MESSAGE BOARDS OR SNEAKER SITES.

You should know what's in your store. Get it Wednesday? Ok, good. You now have it a few days before something drops. It's EASY to know your product in your store if you care about your job and pay attention. Is that not what you're suppose to do? Or are you just too caught up in the fact that you make minimum wage and are angry about it and decided you shouldn't care?
I worked at a shoe store for 3 years, made way more than minimum wage, and I have been an NT'er since 04.  All those things considered, i still wouldnt know about what shoes were coming out until the day the UPS guy dropped the stuff off, I wouldnt know the nicknames ect.  Working at a shoe store RUINS sneakers for you, especially the more "popular" ones.  If you wanna know about some Jordans or something, bring your *!! to the store.  Im not gonna be taking 15 calls a day about some shoes that Im going to sell regardless.  If you want to talk about some GR old man walking shoes, then we might have something to talk about

Its YOUR JOB TO SELL THE PRODUCTS OR THE COMPANY YOU WORK FOR. IF SOMEBODY WANTS TO CALL 300 TIMES, YOU GET PAID TO ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS. THATS WHAT YOU GET PAID FOR. Nobody is disrespecting you, people just want to buy some sneakers. IF I call to see if you got a shoe, it shouldnt be a problem.  You should know when your stock comes  and have an idea what is on your truck.
I dont get paid for that though, I get paid to sell shoes that dont sell themselves.  And there is 1 person in the store that I work with who knows whats on the truck, and thats the guy who owns it.  The bottom line is that they're just shoes, its not that serious.  Im sure you dont call the local supermarket to find out if they got whole grain Triscuits in right?  The point is to sell the shoes, not to sell the shoes to you.  I dare one of you to call Ace Athletics in Pittsburgh and ask about some shoes lol, the OWNER will probably just hang up on you, and they have been open for 23 years

I worked at a shoe store for 3 years, made way more than minimum wage, and I have been an NT'er since 04.  All those things considered, i still wouldnt know about what shoes were coming out until the day the UPS guy dropped the stuff off, I wouldnt know the nicknames ect.  Working at a shoe store RUINS sneakers for you, especially the more "popular" ones.  If you wanna know about some Jordans or something, bring your *!! to the store.  Im not gonna be taking 15 calls a day about some shoes that Im going to sell regardless.  If you want to talk about some GR old man walking shoes, then we might have something to talk about

Its YOUR JOB TO SELL THE PRODUCTS OR THE COMPANY YOU WORK FOR. IF SOMEBODY WANTS TO CALL 300 TIMES, YOU GET PAID TO ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS. THATS WHAT YOU GET PAID FOR. Nobody is disrespecting you, people just want to buy some sneakers. IF I call to see if you got a shoe, it shouldnt be a problem.  You should know when your stock comes  and have an idea what is on your truck.
I dont get paid for that though, I get paid to sell shoes that dont sell themselves.  And there is 1 person in the store that I work with who knows whats on the truck, and thats the guy who owns it.  The bottom line is that they're just shoes, its not that serious.  Im sure you dont call the local supermarket to find out if they got whole grain Triscuits in right?  The point is to sell the shoes, not to sell the shoes to you.  I dare one of you to call Ace Athletics in Pittsburgh and ask about some shoes lol, the OWNER will probably just hang up on you, and they have been open for 23 years
give me the number. BTW shoe inventory is smaller than super markets. I've worked at safeway and kmart and I know how retail is.

I work at Foot Locker and have solid general shoe knowledge, but the thing that makes me the most annoyed is when people come in acting like they know what is going on, or acting like they know more than me and they are wrong. I just have to keep my mouth shut and go help another customer.

so if i call your store to see if you have a certain shoe in my sz so i dont waste time driving up there you will hang up 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 whats the point of having the damn phone then SMH

Had a lady today that wanted a pair of Free Run 3s that an associate had on hold. Tried to direct her to another shoe or a half size bigger. Didn't work. No choice but to sell it. Should I feel bad?

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Wade187

Are you ******ed? The reason the display shoe gets sold is because it just so happens to be the size of the shoe the customer is buying. The customer wants an Air Max in a size 9, I bring out a size 9 box with one shoe in it. If there's a size 9 in the back with two shoes, I'll bring that, but if it's the only size 9, what choice do I have? The customer says he wants it. Cool. Grab the display shoe, put it in the box, ring it up, go in the back, grab another Air Max of a random size, and put it back on the wall and replace the one I just sold. Rinse and repeat. This happens A LOT. If a store were to give discounts for selling display shoes, they'd never make a profit.
Are you ******ed? Like I really don't even know what the !+#+ your talking about. Everyone including who I quoted and was speaking too understood except for you. Step your reading comprehension up doggie

You step your reading comprehension game up. I'm saying you will never know whether the display shoe gets sold because it gets replaced that easily. A Free Run you saw on the wall in a size 9 one day will be replaced by another Free Run the next day in a size 10 because the size 9 on the wall has been sold. And you'll never know cuz the size 10 gets put out right away as soon as the size 9 is sold. For all you know, the size 10 Free Run you see the next time you walk into a store would be the same Free Run you saw last time. You go into a Finish Line, you see a red Free Run in the same spot everytime you go in for like, 4 months. During the course of those 4 months, the red Free Run in that spot would go from a size 9 to a size 10 to a size 8 and you'll never know and just think it's the same exact one that's been sitting there for 4 months. What's so hard to understand about that? If the Free Run does indeed get discolored from sitting out, we'll just send it back to Nike, go to the back, grab another red Free Run to put on the wall to replace the old one.
Lol over your head it goes. First off what you replied had nothing to do on me knowing if the display sold or not, you talking about "what else am i suppose to do". Clearly I said the shoe that doesn't sell that fast. I actually do know everything your saying, and it doesn't have anything to do with what I said. Again the dude I was speaking too understood. But to dude who I was speaking too, maybe in your area they move quick, but I know for sure here they don't. Way too many sneaker stores in the same location, same for when I lived in NY. Shoes that weren't Jays or overly hyped were sitting. (don't mean I see them in the same spot, any idiot knows the display gets replaced when sold) Colored shoes are not as noticeable but shoes which are majority white you see the discoloration. (Especially during the af1 era, joints were looking vintage) Free runs aren't even leather, I never really seen anything other than leather, get this way though. This I notice mostly in nike basketball kicks, adidas, forces etc..

The Free Runs are just an example. It's the same thing with every shoe. We're not going to keep a discolored shoe in our store. If we see a yellowed AF1, we're gonna send it to back to Nike.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

so if i call your store to see if you have a certain shoe in my sz so i dont waste time driving up there you will hang up 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Pretty much thats what hes saying. That is the worst business ideology I've  ever heard of. Nobody is calling to harass you. I just want to know if you have a item I'm interested in.

The Free Runs are just an example. It's the same thing with every shoe. We're not going to keep a discolored shoe in our store. If we see a yellowed AF1, we're gonna send it to back to Nike.
That's your store, a majority aint doing this though. Cause it aint like it's mom and pop shops I'm seeing this *!#* in only. 

Footlockers in my area are the absolute worst. About a year ago one employee was wearing fake XIIIs with lasering and patent leather. At another malls footlocker everytime I go there they act like its a chore acknowlege you.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Pretty much thats what hes saying. That is the worst business ideology I've  ever heard of. Nobody is calling to harass you. I just want to know if you have a item I'm interested in.
I mean we did alot of trolling customers, that was the fun of working there. 

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

<----- Sales associate at Finish Line.
Customers are just as bad.
*brings a customer the last shoe*
*customer tries it on*
Customer: Alright, I'll buy it.
Me: Cool. *grabs them the display shoe*
Customer: Oh, I gotta buy the display shoe?
Me: Yes, it's the last one.
Customer: Do I get a discount?
Me: Um, no...???
Customer: But a buncha people have touched it!
Me: You ever buy produce at a supermarket? A buncha people touch those too, and you have no choice but to buy that! On top of that, you eat that, too.

Shudda been like
15z49le.gif
perfect execution 
roll.gif

Alot of people just dont get that the store doesnt NEED YOUR money. If you dont buy those Griffey's somebody else will. Unless we're talking about some Air Pegasus, in my store you aint gettin a discount. But the difference is, in the store i worked at, if a shoe got that damaged on display, we would make that shoe our permanant display.

For example, we had some white AF1s that were BADLY yellowed from the lights, so we just kept that shoe and left it as our permanent display so we wouldnt have that problem with other shoes.
real life...
thats pretty dumb imo... 

foolish people gunna think its yellow like that and not want to buy... then they are going to ask "yall aint got dem all white af1?"....

also... it shows that over time the shoe will get like that and some will avoid buying it because it doesn't "last"

feel me...

Originally Posted by Essential1

The one that gets me is if I ask "Do you have a size 12 in these? If not 11.5?" Guy comes back: we got a size 10 only, want to try them on?
roll.gif

Other than that I just walk in and act politely, and it goes rather well.

Being a Good Customer... Generally = Getting good service.
real life...
hes at least trying to help... as dumb as it sounds...

Originally Posted by 1Chainz

It's damn near impossible to find out if a store is getting some Lebrons here.

It should be mandatory that you know sneaker release dates and nicknames when you apply for a store.

real life...
laugh.gif
@ people like you...

its a job not a hobby to most people... managers dont even really like to hire "shoeheads," they want sales people... not a sneaker nerd that is on forums all day and cant talk to customers.. (trust me ive seen this happen)...

customers and workers alike... some are idiots and some are cool... /thread

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

SHOE PALACE IN THE BAY AREA: "what size boss?" think thats the trademark there.

real life...
i hate this and havent stepped into a shoe palace in years... 

i remember when every pair of shoes i copped were from shoe palace evergreen or mckee ... my bro knew the owners ...

Originally Posted by breezylocks

Originally Posted by 1Chainz

It's damn near impossible to find out if a store is getting some Lebrons here.

It should be mandatory that you know sneaker release dates and nicknames when you apply for a store.

real life...
laugh.gif
@ people like you...

its a job not a hobby to most people... managers dont even really like to hire "shoeheads," they want sales people... not a sneaker nerd that is on forums all day and cant talk to customers.. (trust me ive seen this happen)...

customers and workers alike... some are idiots and some are cool... /thread

Real life . . .

I don't know official colorway codes by memory...much easier for me to ask if they're getting the Easters, or Mangos, or Dunkmans, than to look up the official color description and say "Black/Anthracite/Electric Green" or something

A quick scroll through of NiceKicks once a week should keep you good

laugh.gif
@ some of you who act like you know. Sounding like spoiled 12-year old kids. Working at a shoe store =/= being a sneaker head. Your managers don't tell you release dates. Your managers dont tell you what's gonna be on the truck. Do you really think people who are making barely above minimum wage, probably don't particularly like their job, and probably don't even give a damn about sneakers, are going to go home every night and research release dates and color ways and nicknames?
Also, don't you realize that every customer that walks into Footlocker isn't a sneaker head? 3 times out of 4 it's some kid just looking for some sneaks to hoop in, or some old guy looking for something comfortable to wear to work, or some dude that wants some white Ts and a fitted.  Pull your heads out of your !%#$$ and stop acting like the regular Joe Shmoe at Footlocker is going to cater to you and be some kind of sneaker aficionado. 

Originally Posted by JJ1223

laugh.gif
@ some of you who act like you know. Sounding like spoiled 12-year old kids. Working at a shoe store =/= being a sneaker head. Your managers don't tell you release dates. Your managers dont tell you what's gonna be on the truck. Do you really think people who are making barely above minimum wage, probably don't particularly like their job, and probably don't even give a damn about sneakers, are going to go home every night and research release dates and color ways and nicknames?
Also, don't you realize that every customer that walks into Footlocker isn't a sneaker head? 3 times out of 4 it's some kid just looking for some sneaks to hoop in, or some old guy looking for something comfortable to wear to work, or some dude that wants some white Ts and a fitted.  Pull your heads out of your !%#$$ and stop acting like the regular Joe Shmoe at Footlocker is going to cater to you and be some kind of sneaker aficionado. 
LMAo at you missing the point.

The point of the topic was to talk about how terrible customer service is for a lot of these sneaker stores. I dont expect you to know about all releases. If you don't, just ask your manager. If your manager has no clue, then that's when it is a problem. Provide good customer service for customers is all I'm asking. I know for some people its just a job.When I worked at kmart, you think I knew everything about sheets and comforters? No, but I would help the best I could and if I didn't have a answer, I'd inform my manager and have them handle it.

Sorry, my post wasnt really directed at you, OP. Just some of the people from the past few pages acting like Footlocker should be catering to them like every customer who walks in is a sneaker head. I will say however, that I personally have never had as poor an experience as described in your OP, but that would definitely be annoying. 

Back
Top Bottom